This was a game of inches AND - Carpenter was great

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Maybe the best player on the defense tonight. His shoestring tackle on Alexander's cut-back was a good play that a lot of people don't make. I have high hopes for him after seeing him tonight. Give him an offseason of conditioning and get him in a spot and let him play all next year, and I think we have a player on our hands.

The inches that cost us this game (actually one was good for us):

* Two 3rd and 4th and 1s that the Cowboys defense couldn't stop Seattle on
* a 3rd and 1 deep in the 4th in which we got conservative (didn't surprise me)
* Roy's INT that was right on the sideline
* the safety that was overruled (you'd almost would've preferred the TD instead of the 8 points we ended up giving up)
* the called first-down which ended up being overruled at the end of the game. You get the first down and it becomes near impossible for Seattle to win at that point.
* and most importantly - did anyone notice that the guy who caught Romo caught him by the shoe and came all the way around behind and actually got hit by Gramatica? If Gramatica makes him take 1/2 a second longer, Romo dives into the endzone to go from a goat to a hero

This was one of the closest games I've ever seen.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
jesusphreak;1296071 said:
Maybe the best player on the defense tonight. His shoestring tackle on Alexander's cut-back was a good play that a lot of people don't make. I have high hopes for him after seeing him tonight. Give him an offseason of conditioning and get him in a spot and let him play all next year, and I think we have a player on our hands.

The inches that cost us this game:

* the safety that was overruled (you'd almost would've preferred the TD instead of the 8 points we ended up giving up)
* and most importantly - did anyone notice that the guy who caught Romo caught him by the show and came all the way around behind and actually got hit by Gramatica? If Gramatica makes him takes 1/2 a second longer, Romo dives into the endzone to go from a goat to a hero

I dont think Romo wouldve gotten in, Ken Hamlin was in front of Romo yet, but i DO think he wouldve got the first down.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jesusphreak;1296071 said:

The inches that cost us this game:

* and most importantly - did anyone notice that the guy who caught Romo caught him by the show and came all the way around behind and actually got hit by Gramatica? If Gramatica makes him takes 1/2 a second longer, Romo dives into the endzone to go from a goat to a hero

bobby carpenter was allsome!!

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Watch closely and you'll notice that Carpenter had his best plays when we were opperating out of a 4-3 defensive allignment. The same is true for Roy Williams.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of inches, those 3 dropped interceptions were less than inches from being caught.