This was a good loss!

BigD_95

Reaction score
Yea I said it.

If this doesn't wake up this team I don't know what will. It would have been hard to win 8 in a row. Now this will get the team refocused to make the final run for the playoffs.

I'm sure they will come out to prove something against Atlanta next week.

It sucks to lose especially like that but it could actually bring the team closer and maybe this time when Bill gives a speech some people will listen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigD_95;1225707 said:
Yea I said it.

If this doesn't wake up this team I don't know what will. It would have been hard to win 8 in a row. Now this will get the team refocused to make the final run for the playoffs.

It sucks to lose especially like that but it could actually bring the team closer and maybe this time when Bill gives a speech some people will listen.

No such thing as a good loss. However I do think this team can regroup and make a strong push over the last 3 games of the reg season.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
This was as bad a loss as you can get.

Except for a Playoff or Super Bowl.

We got destroyed at home in a critical game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BigD_95;1225707 said:
Yea I said it.

I somewhat agree. We sorta needed to feel the total opposite end of the spectrum so that it would be cemented in the backs of the players minds. They won't want to feel that feeling again as we make the playoff push.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I agree with that statement. Dallas was extremely lucky to get the win over NY. They could not get the giants off the field. This defense needs to play much better. I never thought the defense would be this years weak link, but it is. Maybe now they will play with some much needed anger and aggression instead of playing so robotically.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
About the only "good" thing about this loss is that it could have come at worse time.

It could have happened in the playoffs. That would have been worse.

Another potential positive is that if the Cowboys play the Saints in the playoffs, the Cowboys will know better what to expect....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1225747 said:
Another potential positive is that if the Cowboys play the Saints in the playoffs, the Cowboys will know better what to expect....

I'm really not seeing that as a potential positive because of one thing. The x factor. Mr. Sean Payton. We should have known what to expect last night from a coach that used to thrive in our hallways. Let's hope we don't see the Saints again. It might be a little closer next time but I can't confidently say the outcome would change. (due solely to the x factor)

burmafrd

Reaction score
Payton tried virtually everything- I doubt he will have any tricks left. And at least we would know what to expect. Bottom line this was a WAKE UP CALL.
We have had excuses for every other loss this year- this one there were NO excuses- we got our butts kicked. That SHOULD wake everyone up and get them focused. Its up to BP to get it done.