This was Egirls year not Cowboys

mote

Reaction score
You can't tell me there are a ton of teams that do all those things but get derailed by a multitude of problems...injuries, tough schedule....player acquisitions that you thought were right but for whatever reason didn't work out. This same GM was ridiculed a few seasons ago because of the exact things that he has done in the last couple of years - drafting, player trades and signings. Low and behold, it wasn't working then but it did this time. They got lucky and are nothing but destined this season and I detailed why above. Their luck has been beyond ridiculous! Easiest road to the Super Bowl of any good team I have ever seen.
They had a 9-1 record against teams with a winning record. Maybe they just made good teams look bad? Also, knocking out a starting QB is what every defense tried to do, right? Isn't that why the tackle positions get paid so much, to protect the QB? When the Eagles lost Wentz against the Seahawks in 2019 from a dirty hit by Clowney, no one said anything about how "easy" it was for Seattle, did they?

Thrill99

Reaction score
They had a 9-1 record against teams with a winning record. Maybe they just made good teams look bad? Also, knocking out a starting QB is what every defense tried to do, right? Isn't that why the tackle positions get paid so much, to protect the QB? When the Eagles lost Wentz against the Seahawks in 2019 from a dirty hit by Clowney, no one said anything about how "easy" it was for Seattle, did they?
Man, I could really tear this one up. First of all, they played all of the tough teams they had at home (not sure they played anyone that was good on the road except Cowboys). And forget it if you're going to say the Giants are good. They aren't and you know it. You could argue that Detroit might be considered the only good team they played on the road, but not sure how good they were at the beginning of the season. They were pretty good at the end of the season though. So I stand by my opinion that they were lucky to only play the good teams at home (big difference).
I'll repeat it, QBs get sacked the same way as Purdy did in that game and they are OK. This time they got another break when they knocked out the 3rd string QB, then the 4th stringer. That is what they were facing to get to the Super Bowl, right after they had to play a pretty sorry team in the Giants.
Like I have said, they will win the Super Bowl. Let's just wait and see how they win it. It will be something bazaar, like Mahomes getting hurt or some rash of penalties by the Chiefs. Whatever it is, it will happen. They are just destined. Enjoy....

mote

Reaction score
Man, I could really tear this one up. First of all, they played all of the tough teams they had at home (not sure they played anyone that was good on the road except Cowboys). And forget it if you're going to say the Giants are good. They aren't and you know it. You could argue that Detroit might be considered the only good team they played on the road, but not sure how good they were at the beginning of the season. They were pretty good at the end of the season though. So I stand by my opinion that they were lucky to only play the good teams at home (big difference).
I'll repeat it, QBs get sacked the same way as Purdy did in that game and they are OK. This time they got another break when they knocked out the 3rd string QB, then the 4th stringer. That is what they were facing to get to the Super Bowl, right after they had to play a pretty sorry team in the Giants.
Like I have said, they will win the Super Bowl. Let's just wait and see how they win it. It will be something bazaar, like Mahomes getting hurt or some rash of penalties by the Chiefs. Whatever it is, it will happen. They are just destined. Enjoy....
When the Eagles beat the Chiefs, of course it will be said it was "too easy" because "Mahomes was hurt" or some other excuse. No credit for a solid team in all 3 phases. And don't forget the Eagles beat the vaunted Patriots, Brady and Belichick with a back-up QB and a "next man up" mentality.

DZSierra

Reaction score
They are the gold standard. Thank god for Washington… they are all that stands between us and utter humiliation.
I'll respectfully disagree with you.

Cowboys went 12-5, won a wildcard round and should have could of had beaten SF to play the Eagles.

I think people tend forget how hard of a game football is and the general parity across the league. The reality is on any given Sunday, one team can beat another team.

Lets just say I don't think Dallas has far to go to figure out the right pieces to make a long hard run at winning everything. Ultimately, Mike M came on, first year 6-10, last two years, both 12-5. I'm hoping Jerry lets Mike do what he needs to do to figure out some of the missing pieces. I sincerely think (and no disrespect meant to the cowboys ownership) for various reasons, the ownership needs to look at what USE to make them successful and put their egos aside and play owner, not GM.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'll respectfully disagree with you.

Cowboys went 12-5, won a wildcard round and should have could of had beaten SF to play the Eagles.

I think people tend forget how hard of a game football is and the general parity across the league. The reality is on any given Sunday, one team can beat another team.

Lets just say I don't think Dallas has far to go to figure out the right pieces to make a long hard run at winning everything. Ultimately, Mike M came on, first year 6-10, last two years, both 12-5. I'm hoping Jerry lets Mike do what he needs to do to figure out some of the missing pieces. I sincerely think (and no disrespect meant to the cowboys ownership) for various reasons, the ownership needs to look at what USE to make them successful and put their egos aside and play owner, not GM.
You know we are closer to a SB now then the Eagles were 12 months ago but they nailed so many FA and trades. We can only hope Jerry sees that picking up big money FAs can be a good thing.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You know we are closer to a SB now then the Eagles were 12 months ago but they nailed so many FA and trades. We can only hope Jerry sees that picking up big money FAs can be a good thing.
I agree with you on the SB assessment.

I can't speak for the FO of the cowboys, but for better or worse, I think the FO of the cowboys sees great players in FA as not going to be as loyal to the organization, thus the saying "we like our guys" vision mentality.

On another thread, someone mentioned that division rivalries aren't what they use to be because players may not spend more than a couple of years with a team unless they get HUGE money. I think to some extent, the owners themselves were responsible for that due to not wanting to share their wealth of the sport with the players. Thus the formation of the NFL players union.

To put that in perspective, the highest paid offensive player (a running back) in 1976 got paid a total of 10.5 million dollars for 3 years, and the highest paid defensive player (a linebacker) got paid 5.4 million dollars for a 4 year deal. Keep in mind, I accounted for inflation, so the numbers/salary I've noted is in "today's money". Think about that... Can anyone blame the players (who put their bodies and health at risk for a sport) to want a bigger piece of the pie, particularly if the organization who pays them is raking in the dollars?

Anyone remember the Deion Sweepstakes? One could make the case IMO that only due to the "family history" of Jimmy Johnson and the team he had built with his players is one reason why Deion Sanders went to the cowboys.

Like anything else, things I think have gotten "flip sided" over time with the players union, and I'm sorry, I don't care how good Watson is, who would be stupid enough to spend that kind of money on 1 man?

For better or worse, the NFL is BIG business.

Thrill99

Reaction score
When the Eagles beat the Chiefs, of course it will be said it was "too easy" because "Mahomes was hurt" or some other excuse. No credit for a solid team in all 3 phases. And don't forget the Eagles beat the vaunted Patriots, Brady and Belichick with a back-up QB and a "next man up" mentality.
I never said they weren't good in all 3 phases. They are obviously good. I spelled out why they were good (please read my previous posts). All I've been pointing out was how fortunate they have been this season. They're good and ridiculously fortunate. I call that a destined team. They will get some amazing breaks in the SB to help them win it. Just like they did to help them get there. Sit back and watch.

Flamma

Reaction score
They have been the best team in the conference all year with Hurts. But has there been an easier road to the Super Bowl than facing an overachieving NYG team and then a 4th string QB in the Conference Title Game???
I'm trying to find one. It's hard because we're dealing with an NFC championship game against a team without a QB. And a weak Giants team in the divisional round. It's easy to find the weak divisional opponent. The problem is finding that combined with an even easier Championship opponent. This is why no one else has ever scored over 30 and given up 10 or less in both games.

Dakota

Reaction score
I'm trying to find one. It's hard because we're dealing with an NFC championship game against a team without a QB. And a weak Giants team in the divisional round. It's easy to find the weak divisional opponent. The problem is finding that combined with an even easier Championship opponent. This is why no one else has ever scored over 30 and given up 10 or less in both games.
Yea, the eagles are just lucky. That's all it is. Thank goodness fans with such tremendous football knowledge such as yourself post here. There is nothing to them, it is all luck. And if they win on Sunday I am sure that will be due to luck. (Or the refs, or Mahomes ankle, they all work well as excuses also). Just lucky they didn't play any "real" teams. LOL, what a joke.

mote

Reaction score
Yea, the eagles are just lucky. That's all it is. Thank goodness fans with such tremendous football knowledge such as yourself post here. There is nothing to them, it is all luck. And if they win on Sunday I am sure that will be due to luck. (Or the refs, or Mahomes ankle, they all work well as excuses also). Just lucky they didn't play any "real" teams. LOL, what a joke.
So true. If they win the SB they will have won 17 games and lost 3 over the span of a grueling season all due to luck.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that the Eagles will get to keep their entire staff and all of their coordinators. They're just loaded with talent. If the Cowboys just made it to the conference championship, both of their coordinators probably get HC jobs somewhere, just like how the 49ers and Rams staffs always get raided every year.

Flamma

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with stating the obvious. In 1995 I thought the Cowboys had an easy path. They played a garbage Eagles team and a Packers team that they never lost to. Once the 49ers lost I knew Dallas was going to the SB. It doesn't matter because no one is going to care if the Eagles win the SB.

DZSierra

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with stating the obvious. In 1995 I thought the Cowboys had an easy path. They played a garbage Eagles team and a Packers team that they never lost to. Once the 49ers lost I knew Dallas was going to the SB. It doesn't matter because no one is going to care if the Eagles win the SB.
Dude, the '95 cowboys was a a darn good team and had every right to win the Super Bowl.

The Eagles were not complete garbage at that point, and Dallas still had to beat the AFC Steelers.

I'm not exactly what some of you guys are expecting. A team can not control another teams play, and the only thing every team can do is go out and try to play their best.

End of the chips, the chips fall were they fall. That said, don't blame the chips if your work, effort and play enabled you to win the Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dude, the '95 cowboys was a a darn good team and had every right to win the Super Bowl.

The Eagles were not complete garbage at that point, and Dallas still had to beat the AFC Steelers.

I'm not exactly what some of you guys are expecting. A team can not control another teams play, and the only thing every team can do is go out and try to play their best.

End of the chips, the chips fall were they fall. That said, don't blame the chips if your work, effort and play enabled you to win the Super Bowl.
What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is to get to the SB. If you win it, who cares? There's nothing wrong with pointing out easy paths, and more difficult paths. Like the 2007 Giants might be the hardest path yet. But it all counts the same. This just happens to be one of the easiest. That takes nothing away from what they did in the regular season.

DZSierra

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is to get to the SB. If you win it, who cares? There's nothing wrong with pointing out easy paths, and more difficult paths. Like the 2007 Giants might be the hardest path yet. But it all counts the same. This just happens to be one of the easiest. That takes nothing away from what they did in the regular season.
All I am trying to say is that it's apparent the Eagles front office is better than the Cowboys front office because in all reality, the Cowboys could have been going to the Super Bowl if they played like they're capable of. Eagles got there due to "wheelin and dealin" for key players to fill gaps, something I still scratch my head over with the cowboys.

The pressure will be on MM to ensure they don't drop off next year..

Flamma

Reaction score
All I am trying to say is that it's apparent the Eagles front office is better than the Cowboys front office because in all reality, the Cowboys could have been going to the Super Bowl if they played like they're capable of. Eagles got there due to "wheelin and dealin" for key players to fill gaps, something I still scratch my head over with the cowboys.

The pressure will be on MM to ensure they don't drop off next year..
Absolutely. It isn't even close. You have one front office that actively tries to win a championship, and makes moves toward that goal. On top of that, moves that don't hurt the team's future. Then you have the other front office......

tomokawan

Reaction score
The single best thing to happen for Cowboys fans is the Eagles going to the SB and I hope they blow the Chiefs out. Nothing is going to chew on Mr. Camera more than seeing shots of Lurie, not a Booger bud like Snyder, at that game. He won't have to suffer through daily interviews because Lurie is not the pathetic celebrity seeker Booger is.

The next two things in our favor are the Giants and Commanders improving. A stutter step here or there and the Cowboys could find themselves in the cellar of the East in 23.
You have a sadistic attitude. Why in hell would you wish this on any cowboy fan? This sounds like an Eagle troll post.