This was Gurode's first year as a starter at center

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
speaking of andre, can anybody tell me who couldn't block darwin walker both times we played the eagles???

wileedog

Reaction score
Gurode still worries me mentally.

We were *not* good at blitz recognition this season, and while some of that might be coaching, a lot of it is also Andre's line calls. Doesn't help that I still see that play in the Giants game 2 years ago in my head from time to time...

Now, I don't think we had a choice in signing him. There wasn't much else out there and a team this close doesn't gamble that they can find a definite starter in the draft, but I admit I'm worried that Gurode is the next Flozell - so much potential and except for 1 season maddeningly inconsistent.

Hope I'm wrong.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
johnnybluestar;1384638 said:
Some of you guys act like players cannot get better through the years. You act like you know that if a player comes out of the box as average, then he will never be any better than average. For you, I submit that Cris Carter was nothing special at the beginning of his career. I could list 100 other guys who got better as their career went on (ex. Ekuban). I could list 3000 other guys who started out like gang busters and then tanked.
The guy played well last year, but not great. Did he get paid big money? For you and me, YES. For a starter in today's NFL, no so great.
Chris Carter is such an awful example. Carter was a coke head. He was throwing his career down the drain. He had all the talent in the world, even in his eagle years he made a lot of fantactice td catches. Once Buddy Ryan cut him, Chris finally decided to clean up his act and started producing full time.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Good God, this signing reminds me of the head coach search: Coach X is here because the alternatives were supposedly worse. I doubt Ron Wolf would have paid him. Congrats, Andre. You timed it just right. Somehow we were able to win a Super Bowl with a middling talent like Derek Kennard, yet we couldn't live without Andre. Go figure.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Best move that we could make considering the alternatives. I mean we have found out just how EASY it is to find good O linemen. Drafted or otherwise.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1384889 said:
Best move that we could make considering the alternatives. I mean we have found out just how EASY it is to find good O linemen. Drafted or otherwise.

What does that have to do with Andre "metal mistakes" Gurode? Jerry overpaid Bradie and Roy when he didn't have to, and today completed the trifecta. Brilliant.

DBoys

Reaction score
speedkilz88;1384496 said:
I'm actually the one looking at his whole body of work which was inconsistent. Your coming up with BS that you have nothing at all to back up with. And the QB sneak is the easiest and most successful way to get a half yard at the goalline and he got stoned in his "dominating" performance that you made up.

Whole body of inconsistent work landed him in the Pro Bowl and he is making 4+ million a year. The only one full of BS is you.

Gurode had a good game and never got pushed back. Romo was getting pressure from the edges and that says a lot about the center of the line. Disproving a performance based on a QB sneak where the line is stacked is moronic.

Reaction score
Well lineman take on average 3 to 4 years to completely get comfortable in the system and Gurode is improving and has the attitude and mind set to continue doing so.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1384655 said:
:hammer: exactly, Gurode put it together mentally to go along w/ his physical gifts, in his 1st year at C, throw away his rookie year, that was only 6 games, that's nothing, esp. when it's only 6 games of your 1st year

some people are just late bloomers

And while we are at it, let's not forget it was Parcells that saw AG as a G. Who knows how good he'd be at C if he we left there all along.

I like AG as an anchor. It sets the tone for a big young OL. Now if Colombo can continue to improve, McQ and Procter can develope, we'll be in good shape. Along with what i assume will be a day one draft pick on the OL

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DBoys;1385160 said:
Whole body of inconsistent work landed him in the Pro Bowl and he is making 4+ million a year. The only one full of BS is you.

Gurode had a good game and never got pushed back. Romo was getting pressure from the edges and that says a lot about the center of the line. Disproving a performance based on a QB sneak where the line is stacked is moronic.
No saying that he dominated in the pro bowl and that his play deserved pro-bowl recognition is "moronic".

DBoys

Reaction score
speedkilz88;1385422 said:
No saying that he dominated in the pro bowl and that his play deserved pro-bowl recognition is "moronic".

Your on the outside looking in because your the only one that feels that way. Any intelligent fan would say Gurode was our best OL this year. Then you have a group of fans, players, and coaches who get him into the Pro Bowl. Then the Cowboys pay him 5 million a year. All because he sucks and was inconsistent.

Keep smoking the speed there turbo.