This was the first game for Bledsoe

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Guys, Don't overreact to one bad game in a new offense. Bledsoe is new to this team and it's personnel. Remember Romo and Henson have each had a year in this offense. I bet Bledsoe looks much better in 3-4 weeks. I am not trying to say one guy or another deserve to win the job but how well did you look after a couple of weeks on your current job?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan said:
Guys, Don't overreact to one bad game in a new offense. Bledsoe is new to this team and it's personnel. Remember Romo and Henson have each had a year in this offense. I bet Bledsoe looks much better in 3-4 weeks. I am not trying to say one guy or another deserve to win the job but how well did you look after a couple of weeks on your current job?

Henson and Romo both were faster in their reads and throws. Romo and Henson showed much better feel for pressure then Bledsoe to. New to the team or not a 13 year vet should be making faster reads and throws and feel the pressure better then Henson and Romo.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I would trade Bledsoe for Mark Brunell this very moment, and Brunell is done.

bags

Reaction score
I'm thinking/hoping it was just a bad outting for Drew. Granted after 13 years in the league he shouldnt be having that kind of a day, but I'll give him a few more games before i trade him away for the likes of Brunell

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I don't give Bledsoe any slack, he held the ball too long period. He needs to just throw it away, not take a 10 yard sack. Negative plays put you in definite passing situations, giving the defense a huge leg up.

lspain1

Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
I don't give Bledsoe any slack, he held the ball too long period. He needs to just throw it away, not take a 10 yard sack. Negative plays put you in definite passing situations, giving the defense a huge leg up.

Romo and Henson both did a better job at this than Bledsoe last night. The Cards we're fired up and the Cowboys clearly weren't. I believe the Cowboys will improve a bit over the pre-season but Bledsoe has taken serious criticism for this tendency over the years. Folks who saw him a lot in Buffalo mention this as leading to his demise there. We'll see but this is worrisome.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Start the damage control.

Get used to apologizing for him because you will be doing it a lot this season.

burmafrd

Reaction score
After watching the really horrible attempts at pass blocking that the first string O line made, I am not suprised at Bledsoe looking bad. He must have thought that he was back in Buffalo again. EVERY PASS play they had pressure on him. Our tackles played badly- and there was also pressure up the middle. They did better later on as the Card starters left the game or lost their edge- that is why Romo and Henson looked better.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
It's almost impossible to judge Drew when the OL was so bad!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But wait...Bledsoe knows this offense doen't he?

At least that's what i've heard.

Sure looked like last years version of Bledsoe to me:(

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
You guys are either insane or did not see the game. By no means am I a Bledsoe apologist and I understand his weaknesses but good lord Michael Vick or Peyton Manning would have had a difficult time out there... the man had Zero time... I mean not even enough time for me to say he was holding the ball too long..

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THEHEREAFTER said:
You guys are either insane or did not see the game. By no means am I a Bledsoe apologist and I understand his weaknesses but good lord Michael Vick or Peyton Manning would have had a difficult time out there... the man had Zero time... I mean not even enough time for me to say he was holding the ball too long..

I must be insane, because i thought I saw him patting the ball back there :rolleyes:

Are you saying Romo and Henson had more time? Ooops, there goes that insanity again.

Hey, it's week one. I'm not ready to hang him. He just needs to show me a different Bledsoe than I saw last year. Untill he does, well, I call it as i see it.

Sorry if that upsets you.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
noshame said:
I must be insane, because i thought I saw him patting the ball back there :rolleyes:

O.K.. well after watching the game and re-watching the first quarter.. I must be insane then. I thought Drew received poor pass protection :rolleyes:

Ken

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Bledsoe's performance.

I know this is how he looks when you don't protect him. If the cards didn't protect Warner last night, he would have looked the same.

It is paramount that we protect Bledsoe, period.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
noshame said:

Are you saying Romo and Henson had more time? Ooops, there goes that insanity again.

Hey, it's week one. I'm not ready to hang him. He just needs to show me a different Bledsoe than I saw last year. Untill he does, well, I call it as i see it.

Sorry if that upsets you.

It doesn't upset me but if Bledsoe goes 9-10 for 89 yds. and 1 TD and 0 int. it's not time to go to the SB either! What upsets me is the lack of patience and maturity by fans but fans will be fans. If we don't score the Q.B is an idiot. If the QB gets sacked... he's an idiot.. cut him now! N.E was consistently BLOWN OUT last year in the pre-season. And yes, ROMO and HENSON DID HAVE MORE TIME FOR THE MOST PART.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Would you guys stop?! Bledsoe didn't even have a chance to plant his foot. He was getting hammered on every play. Here's a hint - Julius Jones ran for 10 yards on 6 carries, and was tackled twice in the backfield. Now what does that tell you?

I was a bit blindsided by the performance of the offense tonight, not the quarterback or running back, but the offensive line (and, to some extend, the lack of separation from the receivers)