This Win is Fools Gold

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Philly is a dumpster fire. Beating them will win the division but it doesn't move the Cowboys up in reputation. Only beating higher ranked teams will rehabilitate their tainted reputation this season. Even as the 5th seed, the 49ers will be expected to end the Cowboys season in the first round of the playoffs. Beating the 49ers is the kind of statement the Cowboys need to be taken seriously. Beating the Seahawks or Packers in the divisional round will shock the world. Our heroes have all this to look forward to and more.

Well, that would shock me for sure, although, I was extremely surprised when we beat the Rams yesterday, so maybe anything's possible. I'd still have to see it to believe it, as far as doing any good in the playoffs though. A one and done there should be enough to persuade Jerry to make the changes that I'm hoping for, even if it means struggling for a while to get back on track.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Sure it is...this team isn’t going far. Nothing wrong with enjoying a good win in a string of bad losses though. But yeah,if people want to act like everything’s fine they probably will be most disappointed to see things aren’t with the next ugly outing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, that would shock me for sure, although, I was extremely surprised when we beat the Rams yesterday, so maybe anything's possible. I'd still have to see it to believe it, as far as doing any good in the playoffs though. A one and done there should be enough to persuade Jerry to make the changes that I'm hoping for, even if it means struggling for a while to get back on track.
The Cowboys' losing streak was the fools gold. Their #1 ranked offense and top 10 ranked defense says this game is a closer representation of what this team will be going into the playoffs. They can beat anyone and they certainly will destroy the dumpster fire in Philly.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This Win is Fools Gold. Im not drinking the Kool-Aid again and have stopped doing it for a Long time.

The Cowboys have done this throughout the JG-Era. Whenever they and him have the back against the wall they play like this and win as an Underdog. Whenever it matters they fold like my old Camping chair.

This Season has been a disaster and one win against a winning Team doesnt make it much better.

I have seen this Movie too many Times under Jason Garrett.

It wouldnt surprise me if they lose to the Eagles next week or lose out.
It also wouldnt surprise me if they somehow make the Playoffs but get rolled in the first Round.

Will it be a successful season if we make the Playoffs with 8-8 or 9-7 and get smoked in the first Round?

For me a good season means you have improved from last year (exception if you are really rebuilding).
Last Seasons Team had a better record and won a Playoff game.

So for me if they wont make it past the Div.Round, this Season has been a Fail.

One Thing is for sure. As long as JG and Jerry have the saying this Team, as talented as they are will never overcome Coaching and Ownership.

The Cowboys more often then not under Garrett have been out coached and under achieved. We get games like this to remind us of what their potential could be and start to believe again only to be smacked in the face with reality again. I don’t know how much more evidence fans need that Jason Garrett isn’t winking a super bowl.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I JUST DONT TRUST THIS TEAM I love the win but as always there is a but will the build from this or go back to the same team they were against the bears for me its week to week now hope they keep winning but just don't trust that they will

DFWJC

Reaction score
Guess we'll see.
But the OP has more than good reason to be skeptical.
The Rams came out flat (this was their Jets game) and Dallas got momentum going and steam-rolled them.

But it wasn't the only time Dallas looked great vs a not totally terrible team this year. They stomped the Eagles earlier in the year when they where a bit healthier than they currently are.

I'd say those are by far their two best wins.

Carter

Reaction score
Guys to make it clear. I give credit when credit is due and it was yesterday. I enjoyed that Game very much. But 1 good win the whole year wont Hype me up anymore. One good game isnt making up for what happened like the last 4 Weeks. Im looking at the bigger Picture.

They always do enough to Keep JG on the seat, for the first time in forever i wished the Rams hung a 40 Burger on us to get JG one step closer out of the door.

If they somehow make the Playoffs, no matter if they lose in the first Round i bet Jerry will extend Jason which will lead to more average underperforming years. we Need a Change badly and this Team wont go far in the Playoffs with the Coaching they have.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Fools gold or not, the Cowboys will win the Division next week and proceed to the playoffs.

No matter what happens this year, I just hope Garrett moves in in 2020.

Reaction score
This Win is Fools Gold. Im not drinking the Kool-Aid again and have stopped doing it for a Long time.

The Cowboys have done this throughout the JG-Era. Whenever they and him have the back against the wall they play like this and win as an Underdog. Whenever it matters they fold like my old Camping chair.

This Season has been a disaster and one win against a winning Team doesnt make it much better.

It also wouldnt surprise me if they somehow make the Playoffs but get rolled in the first Round.

Will it be a successful season if we make the Playoffs with 8-8 or 9-7 and get smoked in the first Round?

For me a good season means you have improved from last year (exception if you are really rebuilding).

One Thing is for sure. As long as JG and Jerry have the saying this Team, as talented as they are will never overcome Coaching and Ownership.
Just enjoy the win my man.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We just saw, what does team is truly capable of. Fools gold LMAO

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think it just proved more that the Rams are playoff frauds. The Cowboys have dominated similar playoff frauds late in the season before (Indy in 2014 and Detroit in 2016). Everyone thought they were getting hot at the right time only to get bounced early in the playoffs. Nothing will change and that's why things will take care of itself when all is said and done. The Garrett Farewell Tour continues!

cowboyec

Reaction score
helluva win.
we play like that this sunday...we win the east.
ain't fools gold nor chump change.
and I'll damn sure celebrate it.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Straight from the mouth of SAS. I told you they would come here after he spoke and spew the same nonsense.

conner01

Reaction score
This win was breath of fresh air. I wish we could see this week in and week out but im gonna sit back and enjoy this win.
That’s what I get from this win
This team is capable of being a top tier team
We have enough talent but we play uninspired, make too many mistakes, and sometimes lack effort
But I really enjoyed yesterday and will have a great week and hope for a repeat next game

conner01

Reaction score
helluva win.
we play like that this sunday...we win the east.
ain't fools gold nor chump change.
and I'll damn sure celebrate it.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:
If we played like that every week we could have clinched already
That’s what’s frustrating with this team

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Dude... everyone is pissed at the season. I get the frustration but you can't exude the SAME behavior that a ugly loss warrants. What else could they have done YESTERDAY? All you can do is move on? Nobody should be on any bandwagon at this point. We're obviously not even in the postseason. Nice to see this team play to its potential is all.