Those Skins fans are "glass half full" type fans

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone read this thread on Extremeskins yet?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94427&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

I tell you what, those Skins fans have a way to stay positive about things. They give up the 13th overall pick and a huge cap busting contract for Coles, then they're forced to trade him back to the team they supposedly stole him from only for a lesser receiver.

Many fans would be pissed, right? Incompetence, poor planning, something obviously didn't go right.

It's never negative in the eyes of those fellas. Reading that thread you would think that this move proves Dan Snyder is the greatest owner ever. They're comparing this to the type of genius move Bill Belichick would make. Gotta love them Skins fans. :skins:

jem88

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94427&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

I tell you what, those Skins fans have a way to stay positive about things. They give up the 13th overall pick and a huge cap busting contract for Coles, then they're forced to trade him back to the team they supposedly stole him from only for a lesser receiver.

Many fans would be pissed, right? Incompetence, poor planning, something obviously didn't go right.

It's never negative in the eyes of those fellas. Reading that thread you would think that this move proves Dan Snyder is the greatest owner ever. They're comparing this to the type of genius move Bill Belichick would make. Gotta love them Skins fans. :skins:
Unlike the hardline realists on this site such as the ones who rate Ellis as better than Kearse and wouldn't take Moss over Ellis.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

That's the kind of attitude of someone who has a bullett speeding towards their head and they say,"Hey look, Another specimen I can add to my lead collection."

THose guys are something else.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Brilliant I say....but Danny now we can't afford to re-sign Smoot...Brilliant I say. We will draft one...Brilliant! :beer2:

davey999

Reaction score
You could make the argument that this board is the same.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you want, but we got our fair share of pollyannas on this board, as well. I tend to count myself as a realist, but I do look at the brighter side more than the negative. So you can't hate on them for trying to stay positive, even though some of skins latest moves have been real head-scratchers.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
davey999 said:

Actually I think there are more people on this board that rips the Cowboys than those at EXSkins who rip them.
Our guys deserve it sometimes but they get alot of heat when they don't.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
When you live and breath within a highly controlled environment (extremeskins website)....reason and judgement are the first things to go.....because you have lost the baseline by wich idea's are measured and compared.

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
due to the constant turnover in their organization, the Commanders fans ALWAYS have other people to blame for their current problems. Its always "we're just fixing the mistakes Spurrier made" or other nonsense.

What they don't realize is the one constant over the past five years, Snyder, is largely the reason why they're not able to hire players and coaches that work together. He throws money out there and winds up with a mish-mash of free agents and has-beens and they call it a 'team'. When it doesn't translate into winning seasons they fire the coach. He has zero football sense, and they love him because he makes the kind of obvious moves that they're chatting about on their message boards. If an NFL GM or owner constantly made moves that I agreed with, I'd be worried -- because I know that I don't know ****.

p226sig

Benched
Reaction score
davey999 said:

THE POST YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS TRUE, BUT THE FANS NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE CLUELESS!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I tell you what, those Skins fans have a way to stay positive about things.

Umm yea, sure buddy. I saw plenty of "Fire Gibbs" "Commanders are cursed" threads this past season.

Cowboy fans are the best. Remember that. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
When you live and breath within a highly controlled environment (extremeskins website)....reason and judgement are the first things to go.....because you have lost the baseline by wich idea's are measured and compared.
Post of the day.

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
I think we can all honestly say that all fans of their teams are the same way. If anybody else had signed 30+ players such as Fergy and Rivera you would have been all over that to. I am not saying they are bad signings, but the SB's are alittle high IMO.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Umm yea, sure buddy. I saw plenty of "Fire Gibbs" "Commanders are cursed" threads this past season.

Cowboy fans are the best. Remember that. ;)

Are you a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan darnit!? ;)

Nevermind the hypocrisy in anything I write, it's a darn tooting Skins hating thread. It's a time when Cowboys fans can all come together and at least agree on one thing! :D

:skins:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
KINGGIBBS said:
I think we can all honestly say that all fans of their teams are the same way. If anybody else had signed 30+ players such as Fergy and Rivera you would have been all over that to. I am not saying they are bad signings, but the SB's are alittle high IMO.

Maybe for Fergy... but not Rivera... 33 isn't all that old for a OL... many have their best years in their early thirties...

montgod

Reaction score
The glass is ALWAYS not...half full, but filled to the brim with optimsm!! Even though a lot of people on this site are very optimistic, they are NO WHERE near the level of the Commanders fans! I used to live in Maryland and I heard it every single day on the raido, in the paper, on the television. Everytime the Commanders signed someone, they were DEFINITELY winning the SB. And you couldn't argue with them about it no. It didn't matter that the SKins hadn't even reached the stinking playoffs in almost 10 years!! They knew the Skins were GOING TO WIN IT ALL EVERY SINGLE YEAR....regardless of how much they sucked the year before. So every year, its something. One year, it was the signing of all those old has-beens in Deion, Bruce, etc. The next year, it was someone else they signed. The next year, it was Gibbs...oh yeah, they are definitely going to the SB. No matter what year....they always are winning the SB.

Made me wonder if they fed them sometime of drug when they would go to the stadium that made their common sense fail or if there was something in the water around the MD/DC/VA area (I drink bottled water :)). They are truly delusional, but hey, at least they are loyal.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Homerism definitely exists in Art's post but the crux of the argument is clear and valid: Trading Coles rather than releasing him is the better of the two options. If he's released, you run the risk of him signing with someone like, say, I don't know, his old ballcoach who drafted him. By trading him and thereby putting him in a place you want him to go, you receive the luxury of not potentially facing him on Sunday and also receiving a quality wideout like Moss in return. Though diminutive, he's got gamebreaking speed and will be a luxury next to their depleted wideout corps. They're still have their sites on Mike Williams come draft day.

The cap hit will be $5 million but the team has the talent to do good things. It's always better to receive something in return rather than just give it away.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Avery said:
Homerism definitely exists in Art's post but the crux of the argument is clear and valid: Trading Coles rather than releasing him is the better of the two options. If he's released, you run the risk of him signing with someone like, say, I don't know, his old ballcoach who drafted him. By trading him and thereby putting him in a place you want him to go, you receive the luxury of not potentially facing him on Sunday and also receiving a quality wideout like Moss in return. Though diminutive, he's got gamebreaking speed and will be a luxury next to their depleted wideout corps. They're still have their sites on Mike Williams come draft day.

The cap hit will be $5 million but the team has the talent to do good things. It's always better to receive something in return rather than just give it away.

Well, some people after that initial thread might have made those points but I get the feeling that Art's main point is that this was an obvious Gibbs move and because Snyder deferred to the ol' ball coach, it proves he is somehow becoming less of a control freak. Even with the legendary Gibbs, I can't see Snyder accepting this forever. Snyder is a bubble just waiting to burst. That guy is like your worst boss who is so obsessed with what is going wrong, he tries to make instant gratification changes that never affect anything positively in the long run.

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
Avery said:

Well said. I'm glad to see an honest assessment and not that the same homerism that runs rampant on every board, not just the 'boys or 'skins. Snyder has deserved his criticism, but I don't think it's warranted this year because he didn't have Commanders One making stops at every FA known. Now the Coles debacle? coughbullsh!tcough. But than again, he went out and got a potentially damn good receiver in return versus Coles going to the 'boys and having that toe 'miracously' healed.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Post of the day.
Ditto...the scientific name for this is 'group think'. They got it bad.
:skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: