Those tricky Commanders...LOL!

sacase

Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Actually I saw NFL Films do a show on the playcalling. They went through to say that to listen to the other teams' frequencies are similar to decrypting some classified information from the governments servers.

Steve Sabol interviewed someone from the Vermeil days in KC and someone from an AFC East team (Jets/Bills).

I thought they mentioned that rule, but I cant remember exactly what it was.

OK let's put it like this. Back in my Army days I was out in the Kohuku Mountains in Hawaii onb a field problem. Some Low Level Voice Intercept (LLVI) were hanging out with us one evening since we really didn't ahve a mission. The got bored and fired up their intercept gear.....let's just say you hear some amazing things from people's cell conversations. You can find similer equipment off the shelf. it just might have less range is all. I seriously doubt that they use cypher codes and frequency hopping.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
sacase said:
OK let's put it like this. Back in my Army days I was out in the Kohuku Mountains in Hawaii onb a field problem. Some Low Level Voice Intercept (LLVI) were hanging out with us one evening since we really didn't ahve a mission. The got bored and fired up their intercept gear.....let's just say you hear some amazing things from people's cell conversations. You can find similer equipment off the shelf. it just might have less range is all. I seriously doubt that they use cypher codes and frequency hopping.

Even if they use cypher codes it doesn't matter. A fan in the stands doesn't care to know the play that the opponent is running, they'd only care about interfering with the frequency so the QB couldn't hear the play and range really isn't an issue because they'd only be a few hundred yards from the point of origin at most.

sacase

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Even if they use cypher codes it doesn't matter. A fan in the stands doesn't care to know the play that the opponent is running, they'd only care about interfering with the frequency so the QB couldn't hear the play and range really isn't an issue because they'd only be a few hundred yards from the point of origin at most.

I agree I was just pointintg out that it would not be hard to intercept.

conner01

Reaction score
intercepting the signal would'nt be hard, decrypting might but all you really would want to do is jam the signal and thats real easy. our church bought cell phone jammers and they work very wel and cost very little. maybe we can all get one and set behind the skins bench.lol

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
conner01 said:
intercepting the signal would'nt be hard, decrypting might but all you really would want to do is jam the signal and thats real easy. our church bought cell phone jammers and they work very wel and cost very little. maybe we can all get one and set behind the skins bench.lol

I think Snyder was the one carrying the jammer. I wouldn't put it past Napoleon to try every trick in the book.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
conner01 said:
Uhhh.. what??:confused:

Why??

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
kmd24 said:
They should make both teams send plays in manually if one team's wireless system doesn't work. That would eliminate any incentive to cheat.

:hammer: I agree completely. This would solve the problem.