Those Wacky Commanders Fans . . .

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I think we all know how they rode Champ Baileys jock when he was a Commander . . . and how they now bash him and call him overrated (etc) now that he's no longer with them . . .

Well they are already doing the same with Fred Smoot . . .

Word on the street is Smoot wont be back to Washington next year . . . so they are already trying to dis the guy.

Last offseason . . . I read a thread on Extremeskins talking about how Fred Smoot was going to be to Joe Gibbs 2nd tenure what Darrel Green was to his first tenure . . .

Now he's garbage, not worth money, and couldn't even cover Todd Stinkston . . .

lmao . . .

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
The best one was how our D-line sucked a few years ago, how we were outmatched at every position, yet when Noble signed with him last year he suddenly became a... are you ready for this... ~snicker~ a "blocker magnet"... who would continually draw the double-team... those guys... look up the word "homer" in the dictionary and I'm sure the guy in the picture will be wearing a Commanders ballcap... :skins:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KINGBRICE_28 said:
ahhh.....The irony.....

I don't know where to begin.......

I was thinking the same thing.

It happens with EVERY team....yes including the cowboys fans.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I was thinking the same thing.

It happens with EVERY team....yes including the cowboys fans.
I can't think of one instance where we liked a marquee player and started hating him when we might let him go. Everyone has forgiven emmitt, and that was after he trashed the players on our team.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:
I can't think of one instance where we liked a marquee player and started hating him when we might let him go. Everyone has forgiven emmitt, and that was after he trashed the players on our team.

MANY people were on Emmits Jock while he was here and after he left.

I tell you I see it all the time....now fairly I will say it is normally after they have left, but in this case with the player in question it is assumed he will leave so it is about the same.

I have seen it done by fans of different teams on different boards including cowboy boards.

A player is great (over rated ) while on the team but as soon as that player leaves he becomes scum or never was that great (under rated).

Once again it happens with fans of all teams....to act like it is only on the Commanders is just crazy IMO.

Om

Reaction score
Strangely, not all Commanders fans agree on everything. Sometimes, we even have differering opinions on things ... and voice them.

It's quite liberating, really.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Om said:
Strangely, not all Commanders fans agree on everything. Sometimes, we even have differering opinions on things ... and voice them.

It's quite liberating, really.

If that were the case they would not be Commanders fans. ;) :p

How you been doing OM...besides the let down of a bad season, looking forward to the draft and FA?

Om

Reaction score
It still amuses me sometimes to see people on message boards say things like, "all Cowboy fans are ______ " or "Commanders fans are all such _______'s."

Anyone who spends any time, on any board, sees first hand the incredible range of opinion within a group of fans of a certain team. But so many of them will still turn around and make blanket statements treating a body of other fans as monolithic at the drop of a hat, and fail to see the silliness in it.

Not saying everybody does that, mind you. Just some.

I'm fine, brother, thanks. Gearing to watch where Gibbs aims his focus heading into FA and draft ... plus preparing to deal with another 8 months of people trolling my board to make fun of my team and its monolithic fan base for being "off season champions."

So life is good. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Om said:
It still amuses me sometimes to see people on message boards say things like, "all Cowboy fans are ______ " or "Commanders fans are all such _______'s."

Anyone who spends any time, on any board, sees first hand the incredible range of opinion within a group of fans of a certain team. But so many of them will still turn around and make blanket statements treating a body of other fans as monolithic at the drop of a hat, and fail to see the silliness in it.

Not saying everybody does that, mind you. Just some.

I'm fine, brother, thanks. Gearing to watch where Gibbs aims his focus heading into FA and draft ... plus preparing to deal with another 8 months of people trolling my board to make fun of my team and its monolithic fan base for being "off season champions."

So life is good. :)

Just the way it is on message boards OM....you have been around long enough to know it.

That is just one of many truths and categories of people on message boards...probably will never change. :eek:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Just the way it is on message boards OM....you have been around long enough to know it.

That is just one of many truths and categories of people on message boards...probably will never change. :eek:

Why can't everyone be sensible like me... :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Why can't everyone be sensible like me... :D

This is true....but you are just a pervert so you get special treatment. ;)

Om

Reaction score
Oh, I know it's just The Way of Things on MB's, brain ... I just still find it amusing sometimes. :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Tio said:

Antonio Bryant?

I know I was guilty of that, as were many others.

That said, it's always fun to make fun of Commanders fans. Whatever it is that "all fans" do... they always do it worse. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
This is true....but you are just a pervert so you get special treatment. ;)

monkeyspank9py.jpg

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Om said:
.. plus preparing to deal with another 8 months of people trolling my board to make fun of my team and its monolithic fan base for being "off season champions."

I wonder how many thousands are going to join this off season...geeez.....last year was horrible. SO many d*mn newbies I thought I was going to puke. They don't know where the "search" function is so they just post EVERYTHING the think of.......lol......

P.S. ....ha....mindswat we hijacked your thread and made in nice and peaceful......d*mn skins fans.....
:D ;) :cool: