CFZ Thoughts about da Bears

Smith22

Reaction score
Curious to see how DQ plans to slow down the run game of the Bears. If we can force them to throw more, I like our chances.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
This will be Dak's third preseason game so he should be pretty much tuned up, take a week off, and start the season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yup poor mans Philly.. they saw what Hurts and company did the first 20mins of that game and have similar, not better, players and an offense they can run that type of scheme. hopefully the philly game helped our D be little more confrontable on who has who in the RPO, seems to have had Parsons on a island choosing qb or option guy, that not normal its a LB/DE go get one for other you have to switch much lie OL do or like twist on d, if you read RPO players need to figure who got who in what situations. Having a 75% healthy parsons that game getting in between Hurts and AJ a few plays with no help was ridiculous our beloved DC DQ need to have that remedied this game which will go a long way for Philly 2.. i like we have this offense coming up, we need the work.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good stuff.

Attack the QB as a passer and runner. Blow him up everywhere he is on the field. Cover him with a spy every down and send that player after him. Stop the run, we win this game. Simple.

Pursue and fly to the ball, and finish off the ball carrier with clean, sure tackling.
It's a good test for our run defense as we are going to see a similar attack later on with the division.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Winters coming and it's bear hunting season. They about to get destroyed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Winters coming and it's bear hunting season. They about to get destroyed.
Nah i hear Bears are a protected species when facing the Cowboys. they will keep the bears in the game.

flag-yellow.gif

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Chicago is not a bad team. They blew out the Patriots on the road and beat the 49ers when the were healthy at home. There coach knows the Cowboys so I expect their defense to give us problems. The Bears have the #1 running attack in the NFL and Fields is a baby Cam. Newton.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kinda like playing the Eagles...just need to stop the gimmick rush attack and make Herbert throw. He's not good so if we can do that we'll roll and he'll likely have a few turnovers. On O, like you said, just be efficient and take what the D gives us. Should be dialing up plenty of zone beaters and have some nice long slow drives.

Stop the run and protect the rock and we roll.

Motorola

Reaction score
I thought this was more of the so called trap game then last week as it's right before a bye. However, with the Bears playing so well on Monday Night, don't think this Cowboy team now will take them lightly.

Offense

-Former Cowboy Coach Eberflus learned under Marinelli with those cover 2 concepts. when he went to Indy, he shout out a good Cowboy Offense. Marinell's like to take away the big play, force teams to drive the entire field and tighten up in the redzone. Dak and the offense need to stay patient.

-Their defense was several good players even without Robert Quinn. Roquan is probably their top guy, but have a very talented secondary. Establish a run game to force them out of those deep coverage shells. This might be a high volume game to Dalton Shultz.

-Their pass rush is considered average at best, Dak should have time in the pocket, but the key is not to force anything. Take what is given.

-Biggest key of all, get a lead and force the Bears to play catch up.

Defense

-This offense reminds me of the Giants. No, Barkley, but they are a very good running team, with a committee of backs and a legitimate dual threat QB. This will be a stiff challenge for our poor run defense. Hopefully, they have learned how to play the read option better then what happened in Philly.

-They are a terrible passing offense, I believe Fields is the most inaccurate in the league. Their OL struggles with pass protection. Take away the TE and force Fields to make receptions on the outside.

-On par with the Giant receivers we faced, if not worse. They are below average and that's saying a lot. Key is to not allow Fields to pick up 1st downs with his legs, make him beat us with his arm. Sound familiar? Easier said then done. Need to play zone coverage and spy their QB.
Did anyone see the video of Bears LB Roquan Smith during a presser, when he learned that teammate DE Robert Quinn was traded?
After an upset win on the road v. the Pats - that puts them tied with the really struggling Pack for 2nd place in the NFC North - and still in the running for a (last) wildcard slot - Chicago does this?

75boyz

Reaction score
It's all about whether Chicago can copycat the Philly offense to a degree and lots of failed 1st and 2nd level tackling issues and run contain misses by Dallas.
If Chicago manages to do this and Dallas's run defense can not adjust, it could be a very challenging game.

Someone had mentioned in an earlier post that Eberflus had success against the Boys offense while at Indy as a DC.

He's a pretty good defensive mind.

Dakota

Reaction score
We had a little bit of trouble with the egirls and the RPO in the first half. They seemed to effectively neutralize Parsons. However, we were much better in the 2nd half especially after Johnson left the game. We will see with this game what Quinn learned from the egirls game.

CWR

Reaction score
I thought this was more of the so called trap game then last week as it's right before a bye. However, with the Bears playing so well on Monday Night, don't think this Cowboy team now will take them lightly.

Offense

-Former Cowboy Coach Eberflus learned under Marinelli with those cover 2 concepts. when he went to Indy, he shout out a good Cowboy Offense. Marinell's like to take away the big play, force teams to drive the entire field and tighten up in the redzone. Dak and the offense need to stay patient.

-Their defense was several good players even without Robert Quinn. Roquan is probably their top guy, but have a very talented secondary. Establish a run game to force them out of those deep coverage shells. This might be a high volume game to Dalton Shultz.

-Their pass rush is considered average at best, Dak should have time in the pocket, but the key is not to force anything. Take what is given.

-Biggest key of all, get a lead and force the Bears to play catch up.

Defense

-This offense reminds me of the Giants. No, Barkley, but they are a very good running team, with a committee of backs and a legitimate dual threat QB. This will be a stiff challenge for our poor run defense. Hopefully, they have learned how to play the read option better then what happened in Philly.

-They are a terrible passing offense, I believe Fields is the most inaccurate in the league. Their OL struggles with pass protection. Take away the TE and force Fields to make receptions on the outside.

-On par with the Giant receivers we faced, if not worse. They are below average and that's saying a lot. Key is to not allow Fields to pick up 1st downs with his legs, make him beat us with his arm. Sound familiar? Easier said then done. Need to play zone coverage and spy their QB.

This would be a nice game to have Zeke. I love TP, but we may need 30 carries this game. This defensive scheme will be a tough test for Dak and the wrs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that Zeke will be missed in this game. It'll be hard for Pollard and Malik Davis to make up for what Zeke might have offered if he had played. Let's see if Dak is able to fare somewhat better than last week in his passing contributions. The Bears' offense isn't really much to fear if our defense lives up to its reputation.

As things now stand, the Cowboys are favored by 9.5 points in that game. The Bears' offense isn't anything very special, as long as we're able to limit their rushing attack and contain Hurt, as well. Hopefully, Hankins might be able to help in that effort, if his conditioning is okay. Let's hope that's the case. Go, Cowboys! ;)

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This would be a nice game to have Zeke. I love TP, but we may need 30 carries this game. This defensive scheme will be a tough test for Dak and the wrs.
Rather have Zeke healthy then playing on 1 leg again like last season. We are going to need him for the stretch run.

Reactions: CWR

LysleE

Reaction score
Bears are a good running team with a QB who looked to gain some confidence in passing and running the football against a well-coached Pats team. Their defense is good too and Zeke is out who is very good at blitz pick-up.

Dak is still finding his rhythm and needs to have patience. We need to run the football to set-up our passing game; hoping our OC maintains some balance and doesn’t go pass-happy; and plays to our strengths.

Our defense needs to stay disciplined and maintain their gaps; Fields is a dynamic QB and can make plays with his legs…obviously way better then Jones, who burned us with some very good QB runs.

I hope we win the game and think we can; but this game is just as dangerous than the Lions game, if not more.

LittleD

Reaction score
They're DC used to be our DC and he knows Jerry and the boys. Look Out Below.