Thoughts about day 1 in Free Agency

Jipper

Reaction score
i checked this site a few times throughout the day but honestly couldnt tell you who signed where or what trade has happened....frankly dont care

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They have went from not doing enough to improve during free agency to not even trying to maintain the first round playoff loss level we've all become accustomed to. It's obvious Jerry died midway during the Green Bay game. His hope that is. Although expected, it is simply disgusting how they are treating the fans. We are all stuck in purgatory. Just waiting for the worst case scenario to develop when they extend Dak to a market setting contract in August.
Wait to post Dak next season and that will hurt their fan base and their pockets, when we see 5-11 type seasons again

Cowboyny

Reaction score
All fair. Here’s the difference…

Every team mentioned has a PLAN and is at least TRYING to get better.

Our plan is to retain 4, 11 and 88 and keep selling jerseys.

Nearly every needle mover is gone, and even with a 2005 or 1975 type draft this team is basically guaranteed to be worse.

If nothing else the gap in the division is closed and I can’t say I’m upset. These two probably need to suffer through several losing seasons before any real change happens….and they are well on their way.
All they seem to care about is staying relevant, that immediately changes once Dak decides he had enough. Trade him or extend him

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As free agency grew closer, my expectation was that is franchise will continue how they operate, low cost signings and building through the draft. Jerry's "all in" comments weren't that he was going to spend more money, but rather it now or your gone next season for his HC, his QB and several other key people within the organization.

Something of note, Dak's agent always goes for top dollars and doesn't care where his client gets it. Brian Burns is a true example of this. It has also happened to some other high profile clients under France. Expect Dak to either get paid by someone else or hire a new agent as the Cowboys appears not willing to meet his agents demands.

Team free agent losses were to players that didn't have a future with the team. Clearly, team has to improve their run game and cannot play a rotational DE close to 10 million a season. Tyron Smith remains unsigned, but rumblings not to rule him out just yet.

My free agency expectation is some stop-gap low-cost veterans signed at RB, OL, LB, DT, DE. Let's see how it shakes out, before we make judgement.

As for the rest of the league:

-Giants landed Burns, but gave up a high pick to do so. They also lost two key starters in Barkley and McKinney. Not sure if they improved or not.
-Thought Washington had a nice day, but they had loads of cap space. Still not worried, until they get a legitimate QB.
-Eagles-thought upgrading Swift to Barkley marginally improved the position. Huff is an excellent signing, but losing both Kelce, Cox will kill their locker room.
-49ers had a strange start; released Armstead but signed Floyd. Think that's a downgrade.
-Lions made a good trade to land a quality corner, but lost a key starter on their OL. Player like Goff has to stay clean inside the pocket.
-Crazy how much money Kirk Cousins has made in this league from being so average.
-Looks like the Bills will be starting Conner McGovern at Center.
:hammer:The Joneses got what they want. They will sign CeeDee this offseason and save the other monies for Parsons in 2025. France is cut throat. I saw an interview with him after Dak signed the last contract. He felt that Dak could have gotten more. France wants 60 million + a season. No discounts. The Cowboys are not talking to him because they know what he wants.