Thoughts about regular season

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-I think the majority here would take a 12-5 record, home playoff game being relatively healthy at the start of the season.

-Best win, OT win at NE, with Cooper's win at Minnesota a close 2nd.
-Worst loss-Raiders on Thanksgiving and all those penalties

-Biggest surprise-Micah Parsons as an elite pass rusher. We knew he was an athletic freak who was green in coverage, nobody envisioned him being an elite rusher and our DC using him as such. Terence Steele improvement deserves mentioning.

-Biggest disappointment-Zeke Elliot. After a great offseason, many envisioned him to have a good comeback season including myself. He clearly has played hurt, but is a shell of his former self. I think next season he is playing to stay with the team. Lve, Collins, Kazee are right behind him and they were healthy disappointments.

Best fa signing-Javon Kearse. A very similar player to Kam Chancellor, might be be the enforcer but can do it all at the position, a must resign.

Best assistant-Dan Quinn. He might be the assistant of the year in the NFL and could depart for a HC position elsewhere. Not only did our worrible run defense improve, but the Cowboys led the entire league in defensive turnovers. Fassell deserves mention too, but Zuerline has hurt his unit.

Which in house fa's does the team keep? Think Gregory is a must resign and should be cheaper then what we expect with just 6 sacks this season. Gallup is probably gone, Galloday was hurt majority of the year with the Lions and still got a big fa contract with the Giants. Kearse another must resign. After that, it's all about cost.

Was this year successful? Yes, but winning 2 playoff games will make it very successful.