Thoughts about regular season!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-Considering losing our starting QB for 5 weeks, our LT for the majority of the season and 3 major fa losses, MM & his staff deserve a lot of credit. 12-5 is the same record they had the previous year. I think the Eagles winning the division and having a tremendous year is making many fans think we had a poor season, which isn't the case.

-The front office, not the coaching staff deserves more of the blame for this year's shortcomings. The decision to trade Amari Cooper has really hurt this team, especially with Michael Gallup being a shell of his former self year 1 after tearing his acl. Many are wondering why so many balls going to Noah Brown, Gallup cannot get open where teams are looking to take away Lamb/Shultz in the passing game. They did virtually nothing to fix the team's run defense which is why they got bounced in the playoffs last season.

-Failed draft picks is the main reason why the team has struggled in the 2nd half of the season. Anthony Brown goes down, neither Joseph nor Wright can replace his prior production, both were former top 100 picks. Our young defensive tackles haven't given us any meaningful production despite being all day 2 selections: Hill (Cut), Gallimore, Golston, Osa. At linebacker, team already cut a former 2nd rd pick in Jaylon Smith.

-What went good? Player development. From our two young tackles in Steele/Tyler Smith, Dalton Shultz, Tony Pollard, Cooper Rush to Dorance Armstrong, Javon Kearse, Donovan Wilson. The so called right kind of guys who were willing to work, have really developed nicely.

-Team building primarily through the draft process is extremely challenging. You need to be almost perfect in the draft process. If the front office can start using free agency and the trade market more aggressively, I think it will give them a better chance for success. In my opinion, our current staff is very underrated, where our front office remains the problem.

As we embark on another playoff run, it will be up to the coaches to hide these shortcomings that the front office has created. Can they become successful? Yes, but it is going to take a total team effort.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Something is wrong with this team that we can’t see. Parsons body language is awful. Dak is throwing some of the worst passes I have ever seen from him. I am wondering if the players are cracking under the pressure of constantly being the talking point of every sports show. The Cowboys finished 12-5 but the media is constantly asking for more. The team has probably the 12th best roster in the league that gets overrated because of the Cowboys name. The Cowboys will play well next week but I wonder if they can handle the pressure.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
MM and the rest of the coaching staff deserve some credit fighting through injuries to key positions like they have had, wouldve been crippled the years under Garrett. Lets just see how they prove themselves in the playoffs this year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Something is wrong with this team that we can’t see. Parsons body language is awful. Dak is throwing some of the worst passes I have ever seen from him. I am wondering if the players are cracking under the pressure of constantly being the talking point of every sports show. The Cowboys finished 12-5 but the media is constantly asking for more. The team has probably the 12th best roster in the league that gets overrated because of the Cowboys name. The Cowboys will play well next week but I wonder if they can handle the pressure.
You can't see it if you don't want to see it.

Some of us here have been trying to tell ya'll all along.

The talent on this team is not at the level required to carry the untalented player at the most important position on the team. That's literally what it boils down to here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
MM and the rest of the coaching staff deserve some credit fighting through injuries to key positions like they have had, wouldve been crippled the years under Garrett. Lets just see how they prove themselves in the playoffs this year.
Just think...

If we stick with Cooper Rush and make the playoffs then MM would be up for coach of the year.

Instead we go back to Dak and now MM is probably going to get fired.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I predicted 10 wins pre-season and changed it to 7 wins after the Tampa game. So 12 wins is better than I expected.

That being said, this team hasn’t looked any better than last season at any point, and have looked worse over the past month than we have since the Andy Dalton era.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Next week is a coin flip, road game against Tom Brady will be challenging. However, the Cowboys have to win to have an successful season. The pressure is all of them this week, but if they win, it flips to the other side as they will be playing with house money the rest of the way. Perhaps many having low expectations might work for them. This is when they usually surprise us in a good way.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
-Failed draft picks is the main reason why the team has struggled in the 2nd half of the season. Anthony Brown goes down, neither Joseph nor Wright can replace his prior production, both were former top 100 picks. Our young defensive tackles haven't given us any meaningful production despite being all day 2 selections: Hill (Cut), Gallimore, Golston, Osa. At linebacker, team already cut a former 2nd rd pick in Jaylon Smith.
Osa was the one bright spot last night, kinda burned out midseason though. Still lost on Gallimore, had such hype last year when he bullrushed the washington center over the QB and then since then havent heard a peep.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Osa was the one bright spot last night, kinda burned out midseason though. Still lost on Gallimore, had such hype last year when he bullrushed the washington center over the QB and then since then havent heard a peep.
Jury is still out on Osa, but Gallimore is a JAG.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can't see it if you don't want to see it.

Some of us here have been trying to tell ya'll all along.

The talent on this team is not at the level required to carry the untalented player at the most important position on the team. That's literally what it boils down to here.
I told you it’s about the playoffs for Dak. If he falls on his face again, I can’t defend him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I told you it’s about the playoffs for Dak. If he falls on his face again, I can’t defend him.
It could only took 1 or 2 games after 7 years for you to see the dude ain't that guy? lol

If you've defended him for this long then why jump off him now?

You might as well be like the few others here and play on while the Titanic sinks.

75boyz

Reaction score
I cannot see MM getting fired, even if they lose in TB. Coaching isn't the issue, it's roster building.
I must surely be missing the preparation, strategy and motivation that this HC brings on gameday.
Situational gaffes, clock management and questionable decision making are constant as well.
Team discipline with regards to penalties is hit or miss.
Yeah, I'm not sure many opponents come out after losing to the Cowboys saying we got out coached.
After 3 years on the job, I still struggle with where most of his actual game plan input comes from in leading up to game day from this coordinator driven team.
Your posts like these are detailed and well thought out.
But this coach was hired because of a SB winning resume and not to win regular season games.
So I believe leaving out the failure of head coaching responsiblities is an extreme oversight.

My .02.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Next week is a coin flip, road game against Tom Brady will be challenging. However, the Cowboys have to win to have an successful season. The pressure is all of them this week, but if they win, it flips to the other side as they will be playing with house money the rest of the way. Perhaps many having low expectations might work for them. This is when they usually surprise us in a good way.
I will have to look at the matchups again because this is not the Tampa team we played the last two games but their strengths offensively and defensively matches are weaknesses. It is scary how much better Brady is at 45 is then Dak at 29.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
-Considering losing our starting QB for 5 weeks, our LT for the majority of the season and 3 major fa losses, MM & his staff deserve a lot of credit. 12-5 is the same record they had the previous year. I think the Eagles winning the division and having a tremendous year is making many fans think we had a poor season, which isn't the case.

-The front office, not the coaching staff deserves more of the blame for this year's shortcomings. The decision to trade Amari Cooper has really hurt this team, especially with Michael Gallup being a shell of his former self year 1 after tearing his acl. Many are wondering why so many balls going to Noah Brown, Gallup cannot get open where teams are looking to take away Lamb/Shultz in the passing game. They did virtually nothing to fix the team's run defense which is why they got bounced in the playoffs last season.

-What went good? Player development. From our two young tackles in Steele/Tyler Smith, Dalton Shultz, Tony Pollard, Cooper Rush to Dorance Armstrong, Javon Kearse, Donovan Wilson. The so called right kind of guys who were willing to work, have really developed nicely.

-Team building primarily through the draft process is extremely challenging. You need to be almost perfect in the draft process. If the front office can start using free agency and the trade market more aggressively, I think it will give them a better chance for success. In my opinion, our current staff is very underrated, where our front office remains the problem.

As we embark on another playoff run, it will be up to the coaches to hide these shortcomings that the front office has created. Can they become successful? Yes, but it is going to take a total team effort.
You don’t know who is gonna show up that’s my complaint. So when they don’t show up who’s at fault. The players on the coaches I don’t know. Getting prepared two player game appears to be the problem yo term reading the first clip

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It could only took 1 or 2 games after 7 years for you to see the dude ain't that guy? lol

If you've defended him for this long then why jump off him now?

You might as well be like the few others here and play on while the Titanic sinks.
I am a Cowboys fan first. The Cowboys have changed coaches and given him weapons. It is kind of like the Raiders with Derek Carr. I just would want to move on earlier. Dak has played well for 7 years. A top 5 Cowboys quarterback of all time. It’s just time to look for his replacement if we don’t win the Super Bowl this season.

Shane612

Reaction score
Jerry on their loss to the Red-skins: "We get to suck on that all week."
He has creative way with words....
:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score

Thanks for Sharing. ..

- What is about " Grass Fields " that we seem not to play well.. play underachieving lackluster .. we are 1-4 on grass field on the road this year.
. Tenn being only win on grass. - Philly, Green Bay, Jax and now Wash have been grass field losses.

- Sorry but tired of hearing the Amari Cooper excuses. He was a Disappearing act that became an internal cancer that wasn’t worth that 20+ million per year with Cowboys.
Cannot keep using him as a crutch.
The big issues was team heavily dependent on Tolbert and Washington, two useless JAGs. - and I too would not have given Cedrick Wilson that big Dolphins contract either.
Very little impact with Fins in '22.

- Lamb and Hilton has to be the targets – overall we lack speed to separate, go deep, and Moore cannot seem to scheme WRs open.
Why does Kellen seem to struggle more on the road.. than at home ?

- Maybe just me,.. Or why am I not seeing Dak talking to McCarthy as I do with Mahomes talking to Andy Reid on sidelines ?
Seems like such a separated OC/Dak vs HC McCarthy...

IrishAnto

Reaction score
It's a prelude to the postseason (if you win enough games that is).