CFZ Thoughts about the Packers!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have a chance to watch several Packers games this yr: both NY Games, New England, Bucs, Bills. Yes, the Packers are on a 5 game losing streak, but Rodgers has owned the Cowboys throughout his career and you know he will be very motivated to beat his old coach.

Offense

-Packers Defensive is loaded with talent but they haven't played well as a team this season.
-They just like the Cowboy D, struggle stopping the run. Their safeties are poor tacklers in space.
-Alexander is one of the better corners in the league, Douglas has strong ball skills.
-Pass rush lost their best edge rusher in Gary, but are very stout up the middle.
-Packers struggle scoring points, get a lead and they could be in some trouble.

Defense

-Believe it or not, Packers struggle badly throwing the football. Don't take too many deep shots and they drop a ton of passes. Cowboys must watch out for those quick passes and screens.
-Lazard is probably the only receiver Rodgers fully trusts. He is the one receiver to key on. They also have a good receiving TE.
-They have a very good ground attack with 2 capable backs. Jones is more of the outside runner, where Dillion is their power back. Cowboys D must do a better job containing the edge or they will struggle. Really believe if the Cowboys have success against their run, they will win this game!
-Be careful with Rodgers games with 12 men on the field and instances where he will try to draw players offsides, he is a master of this.
-Their OL is close to full health, our front still has the talent to beat them.

Special Teams

-I saw the Jets block a punt, might be a good idea to try to do the same.

quickccc

Reaction score
I have a chance to watch several Packers games this yr: both NY Games, New England, Bucs, Bills. Yes, the Packers are on a 5 game losing streak, but Rodgers has owned the Cowboys throughout his career and you know he will be very motivated to beat his old coach.

Offense

-Packers Defensive is loaded with talent but they haven't played well as a team this season.
-They just like the Cowboy D, struggle stopping the run. Their safeties are poor tacklers in space.
-Alexander is one of the better corners in the league, Douglas has strong ball skills.
-Pass rush lost their best edge rusher in Gary, but are very stout up the middle.

Defense

-Believe it or not, Packers struggle badly throwing the football. Don't take too many deep shots and they drop a ton of passes. Cowboys must watch out for those quick passes and screens.
-Lazard is probably the only receiver Rodgers fully trusts. He is the one receiver to key on. They also have a good receiving TE.
-They have a very good ground attack with 2 capable backs. Jones is more of the outside runner, where Dillion is their power back. Cowboys D must do a better job containing the edge or they will struggle. Really believe if the Cowboys have success against their run, they will win this game!
-Be careful with Rodgers games with 12 men on the field and instances where he will try to draw players offsides, he is a master of this.

Special Teams

- Good point on Packers Special teams,- Packers still have special teams issues- including allowing blocked punts.

Packers Offense
- Rodgers struggling - WRs are JAGs and inexperienced, Cobb is injury prone, TEs are meh ..who are their must stop players on offense besides Rodgers ?
- I doubt Aaron Jones plays ( who has shredded in last meeting, plays with that high ankle sprain, will be limited if he does) Dillion will be the one pounding us.
-Rodgers is still a mobile, scrambling QB, and we tend to leave the middle wide open for running QBs
-Their WRs and TEs just don’t scare me. I cannot even recall their names – but will we blow assignments or be "flat' in this game ?
- Shouldn’t be.. it’s still HOFer Aaron Rodgers.
- Our very suspect run defense still freaks me out and discourages me. I believe it’s far more than a one man problem.

Packers Defense:
I’m not convinced nor concerned about Packers D’ … what do they have up front that scares or schemes offenses and OL’s ?
And I’m not in awe with their CBs and DBs, .. it’s more our problems in pass game than what Packers will do/can do to us.
How will Dak react on the road ? Will he be or go into conservative mode if we start out slow and shaky ?
of course, Packers are gonna sell all out to stop our run game and force us into one dimensional mode.

We win if :
- Run the ball.., gain a physical mode and tone,.. get our WRs into game early, Dak has a solid error free game
- No offensive turnovers, no killer team penalties, no killer drops
- Play Discipline defense, contain the QB, keep giving him rush looks and get into the backfield, if he gets erratic early, good chance he’ll be so duration of the game.
- Make GB beat us .. not Us beating ourselves .. make GB one dimensional.

Flamma

Reaction score
but Rodgers has owned the Cowboys throughout his career and you know he will be very motivated to beat his old coach.

Excellent post overall, spot on with your assessment as far as I can tell. But this is the one point of contention I have. Rodger's success against the Cowboys in the past means absolutely nothing. He said it himself, different teams, different situations. He's absolutely right.

This Cowboys defense is legit, and the Packers put up 9 points against the Lions. He doesn't have the horses in this race. Rodgers is one man. He is not a demigod. If Dallas holds their own against the run, which I believe they will, this game should be over by halftime.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

The Packers defense is nothing like ours. They don’t have the pass rushers the Cowboys have and our safeties can tackle is space. They have a solid defense that is better then Detroit/Chicago but losing Gary is gonna hurt.
If Rodgers was not the quarterback talking heads would say this one of the worst offenses in football. Their only chance is Jones and Dillon running the football. You actually want Rodgers to throw the football on third in long or behind by a few scores. The Cowboys can win this game any number of ways while the Packers will have to play perfect to win. The Packers are on par with Chicago and Detroit.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you're a real Cowboys fan you're not confident going into Green Bay when Aaron Rodgers is the QB.

I don't care how bad they've have looked this year.

This is another one of those "show me, don't tell me" types of games. We know what should happen, but that's not always the case with the Cowboys.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is one bad loss from blowing up and we are just the team to hand it to them
There won't be a easier game on the schedule

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- Good point on Packers Special teams,- Packers still have special teams issues- including allowing blocked punts.

Packers Offense
- Rodgers struggling - WRs are JAGs and inexperienced, Cobb is injury prone, TEs are meh ..who are their must stop players on offense besides Rodgers ?
- I doubt Aaron Jones plays ( who has shredded in last meeting, plays with that high ankle sprain, will be limited if he does) Dillion will be the one pounding us.
-Rodgers is still a mobile, scrambling QB, and we tend to leave the middle wide open for running QBs
-Their WRs and TEs just don’t scare me. I cannot even recall their names – but will we blow assignments or be "flat' in this game ?
- Shouldn’t be.. it’s still HOFer Aaron Rodgers.
- Our very suspect run defense still freaks me out and discourages me. I believe it’s far more than a one man problem.

Packers Defense:
I’m not convinced nor concerned about Packers D’ … what do they have up front that scares or schemes offenses and OL’s ?
And I’m not in awe with their CBs and DBs, .. it’s more our problems in pass game than what Packers will do/can do to us.
How will Dak react on the road ? Will he be or go into conservative mode if we start out slow and shaky ?
of course, Packers are gonna sell all out to stop our run game and force us into one dimensional mode.

We win if :
- Run the ball.., gain a physical mode and tone,.. get our WRs into game early, Dak has a solid error free game
- No offensive turnovers, no killer team penalties, no killer drops
- Play Discipline defense, contain the QB, keep giving him rush looks and get into the backfield, if he gets erratic early, good chance he’ll be so duration of the game.
- Make GB beat us .. not Us beating ourselves .. make GB one dimensional.
Some good points!
-Jones is practicing and is expected to play. Will he be hampered by his injury?
-Larzard/Watkins and their TE after that very suspect. Cobb was his most trusted guy, then Dobbs, both will not be playing.
-Kenny Clark is a very good NT, he is the one I'm most worried about.
-Dak must be careful against their secondary, they have a few solid ball hawks. .
-Think the biggest thing is, don't play their game and keep it close late. Put pressure on their offense to play catch up.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Excellent post overall, spot on with your assessment as far as I can tell. But this is the one point of contention I have. Rodger's success against the Cowboys in the past means absolutely nothing. He said it himself, different teams, different situations. He's absolutely right.

This Cowboys defense is legit, and the Packers put up 9 points against the Lions. He doesn't have the horses in this race. Rodgers is one man. He is not a demigod. If Dallas holds their own against the run, which I believe they will, this game should be over by halftime.
Let's hope so. Do think the Lions D has improved since their bye, we also had some struggles against them too.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Packers defense is nothing like ours. They don’t have the pass rushers the Cowboys have and our safeties can tackle is space. They have a solid defense that is better then Detroit/Chicago but losing Gary is gonna hurt.
If Rodgers was not the quarterback talking heads would say this one of the worst offenses in football. Their only chance is Jones and Dillon running the football. You actually want Rodgers to throw the football on third in long or behind by a few scores. The Cowboys can win this game any number of ways while the Packers will have to play perfect to win. The Packers are on par with Chicago and Detroit.
I agree, only way I see the Packers winning is if they have great success on the ground.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree, only way I see the Packers winning is if they have great success on the ground.
There injury report is horrible. Non of their good players practiced except for Alexander. We actually should roll up the score.

Carson

Reaction score
Let’s be honest for a minute. They don’t belong on the same field at the moment. They are banged up, playing awful and are on a 5 game losing streak (Giants, Jets, Commanders, Bills, Lions). They are unable to sustain long drives, score points and just look terrible (commanders, giants, lions).

With that said, this is going to be THAT game.

Cold weather, coming off a bye, slow start etc. I fully expect a 14-13 type deal late in the game. They keep it close with turnovers and penalties.

This is a massive win if we can get it. After thanksgiving if this team can be 9-2 or 8-3 you can pretty much luck up a playoff spot.

We also get back Tyron, Washington and hopefully OBJ

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
AJ is the entire offense…

If we stop the run and the quick dump offs to him we win. Rodgers literally had no one to throw to, and Doubs just got hurt.

As long as we don’t completely poop the bed we should win comfortably.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There injury report is horrible. Non of their good players practiced except for Alexander. We actually should roll up the score.
Aaron Jones was limited, that is the key guy for this game. Will he play, if he does, will he be limited? Still nervous about our run defense, especially on the edges.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Someone said it in another thread, this is a pride game for GB. Cowboys on their home field in the nationally televised FOX game, you're going to get their best shot whatever is left of it.They still have good players including a world class QB who is capable of raising his level of play.

A few concerns...

1. 6'5 Lazard working Brown all day on the outside.
2. Kenny Clark having a flashback and wrecking the game at DT
3. The obvious...GB's running game essentially negating the Cowboys greatest advantage(pass rush)

This will be a nail-biter. Cowboys win but I don't think they cover.

quickccc

Reaction score

i wouldn't be surprised if we actually have a slow start and halftime ends up being a low score.
i would wonder if we've slowed the pre-snap shifting and motion a bit and some workings in the pass game designs to make it more simplify for the QB.
i can see Dak on the road, in hostile loud Lambeau, inititially having a slow start and first half stall, before sumthin' eventually breaks open to get us out ahead.
(turnovers by the defense,.. Pollard splash play, ..busted coverage in Packers D" or..blocked punt by Bones' special teams)