CFZ Thoughts about the Packers!

GMO415

Reaction score
Hard to imagine they lose 6 in a row.....just saying.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a chance to watch several Packers games this yr: both NY Games, New England, Bucs, Bills. Yes, the Packers are on a 5 game losing streak, but Rodgers has owned the Cowboys throughout his career and you know he will be very motivated to beat his old coach.

Offense

-Packers Defensive is loaded with talent but they haven't played well as a team this season.
-They just like the Cowboy D, struggle stopping the run. Their safeties are poor tacklers in space.
-Alexander is one of the better corners in the league, Douglas has strong ball skills.
-Pass rush lost their best edge rusher in Gary, but are very stout up the middle.
-Packers struggle scoring points, get a lead and they could be in some trouble.

Defense

-Believe it or not, Packers struggle badly throwing the football. Don't take too many deep shots and they drop a ton of passes. Cowboys must watch out for those quick passes and screens.
-Lazard is probably the only receiver Rodgers fully trusts. He is the one receiver to key on. They also have a good receiving TE.
-They have a very good ground attack with 2 capable backs. Jones is more of the outside runner, where Dillion is their power back. Cowboys D must do a better job containing the edge or they will struggle. Really believe if the Cowboys have success against their run, they will win this game!
-Be careful with Rodgers games with 12 men on the field and instances where he will try to draw players offsides, he is a master of this.
-Their OL is close to full health, our front still has the talent to beat them.

Special Teams

-I saw the Jets block a punt, might be a good idea to try to do the same.

Kurt W. broke down some of their offensive issues and right now they are not reading the same playbook. Luckily most of our guys have been in the same offense for years excluding the rookies. Will be interesting to see how KM plans to use Zeke if he plays. Km needs to get Pollard to the edge some and find ways to get him to the 2nd level quickly as he can break 1 tackle for those big runs he likes to do. Gallup needs to take advantage of any 1 on 1 and fight harder for the ball. Defense needs to just keep doing their thing, keep their heads up and be ready to react to the ball. Between armstrong and Basham didn't they block a couple of kicks last year? Can't remember if it was a punt or fg or one of each but it's time ST made some impact plays, maybe a return TD.

Motorola

Reaction score
I have a chance to watch several Packers games this yr: both NY Games, New England, Bucs, Bills. Yes, the Packers are on a 5 game losing streak, but Rodgers has owned the Cowboys throughout his career and you know he will be very motivated to beat his old coach.

Offense

-Packers Defensive is loaded with talent but they haven't played well as a team this season.
-They just like the Cowboy D, struggle stopping the run. Their safeties are poor tacklers in space.
-Alexander is one of the better corners in the league, Douglas has strong ball skills.
-Pass rush lost their best edge rusher in Gary, but are very stout up the middle.
-Packers struggle scoring points, get a lead and they could be in some trouble.

Defense

-Believe it or not, Packers struggle badly throwing the football. Don't take too many deep shots and they drop a ton of passes. Cowboys must watch out for those quick passes and screens.
-Lazard is probably the only receiver Rodgers fully trusts. He is the one receiver to key on. They also have a good receiving TE.
-They have a very good ground attack with 2 capable backs. Jones is more of the outside runner, where Dillion is their power back. Cowboys D must do a better job containing the edge or they will struggle. Really believe if the Cowboys have success against their run, they will win this game!
-Be careful with Rodgers games with 12 men on the field and instances where he will try to draw players offsides, he is a master of this.
-Their OL is close to full health, our front still has the talent to beat them.

Special Teams

-I saw the Jets block a punt, might be a good idea to try to do the same.
A possible X-factor for the Packers: the first home game in 4 weeks (Oct 16th loss to the Jets);
The Lambeau crowd will be stoked, trying to get the team aroused to play inspired ball.
Cowboys score early and often, while snuffing out the season-long inept GB offense ...will make it for a long late Sunday afternoon and evening in Green Bay.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Do you all think we will win every single game we will be favored in for the rest of the year?

From a pure statistical viewpoint, the answer to that is Not Likely. Also, historically, most teams eventually lose a game somewhere along the line they're favored in, if not 2 or 3.

So if you are a blind loyalist who thinks we will win every game from here to eternity, disregard this. If not, then the question becomes, WHICH game (or games) will the underdog jump up and bite us.

I think it will be this week. GreenBay 28, Dallas 24. The HOF qb shows everyone he's still kinda good, and that homefield adv at Lambeau still matters.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This Cowboys team doesn't care about the fans woes. They have no memories of the bad times in Dallas. They are beginning their own legacy.

Tyron, Zack and Demarcus may be tired of losing, but most of these guys are young, or new to the team. They have good chemistry; it's time to finish the deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
Let's hope so. Do think the Lions D has improved since their bye, we also had some struggles against them too.

Yeah the Lions D may have improved some, but they're still not good. Rodgers looked and played like hot garbage. I don't know what to think about him now. All 3 interceptions were terrible. They were so bad I'd have to question whether or not Jordan Love was wearing a Rodgers mask.

The first pick was a result of him throwing it into someone's helmet. It never had a chance. The second, and all the talking heads are blaming the play call, but the pass was amateurish. The guy was wide open and Rodgers just threw it to the defender. Look at the replay. It's a pass almost any QB in the league could make, including backups. The 3rd was just late. Something is very wrong with him. I don't expect that to improve against Dallas.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
This is the most important game of the year for the Packers, if they win it shows they have hope and still have Dallas Number. If they lose, then whatever hold they had on Dallas is officially gone and it's time to prepare for next season. This could be the game that causes heads to roll in the off-season similar to what happened with the Vikings last year. Once Zimmer lost to Dallas backup QB it was pretty much a wrap for him and he was fired after the season.

Shane612

Reaction score
It will be cold for cowboys' standard, and maybe snowing. So, the cowboys should rely on the run even more than usual.
Defense need to keep the game close, and give the offense a chance to win it in the end.
Green Bay isn't the Green Bay Packers. And Rogers isn't Aaron Rogers...but anything is still possible.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is looking (dark blue eyes and all) at all of you doubters...

Screenshot-20221110-225114.jpg

Time to get some confidence and jump on board this Cowboys bandwagon.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
The Packers suck and we have no business losing.

Having said that, I think this will be too close for comfort.

cowboyec

Reaction score
its always tough up there.
i have no doubt that we will get their best shot.
but i believe we are the better...more complete team.
we have not played them with our defense being this good.
come sunday...we beat'm.