Thoughts and Reflections

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
As an outsider, I watched the first quarter of your game with the Saints.

Couple of thoughts, more later.

Is it me, or is New Orleans nuts for signing Drew Brees??? I watched the guy during the game, no arm. Five yards. Give me a RB. He reminds me of a guy we used to have named Tony Eason (you will not remember this guy). They signed a WHAT, mulit-million dollar deal with this guy. By the way Eason was signed same time as Marino and Elway (you might remember those guys).

New Orleans is doomed as a football team regardless of Bush. Brees, multi-million dollar contract with WHAT!!

Just my thoughts.

Haley94

Reaction score
Oh so you come to our board and don't give our defense any props. The Cowboys are going to be the new dominant 3-4 in the league. Book it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Haley94 said:
Oh so you come to our board and don't give our defense any props. The Cowboys are going to be the new dominant 3-4 in the league. Book it.
Not only that, we could care less about New Orleans and their team, if you come to talk , talk about us... No disrespect.:cool:

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
What you saw in the game with the Saints was Terry Glenn. The real guy.

I went to all the games in New England. Glenn as a rookie. Blew me out. I know you think we don't have a team or history, but we do. Prior to Glenn we had Morgan and Fryar. These guys with Grogan were just awesome. We had some serious fun.

Then one day, Glenn shows up. I have great tickets (because we were bums and I was able to move up in the stands). I could really see the players and the game. I am watching this new young rookie and my mouth dropped open. Oh my. Who is this kid????

But the kid had problems. If you check out his younger years, he really had it tough. Really tough. Could not handle the fame -- He went back to drugs, was traded to Green Bay -- they threw him out. And Parcells picked him up. Maybe he helped him -- as a person.

What you see is what you get. This kid could have been one of the best of all time. His past, the hurt prevented him from getting that. It does not take away from his talent. Darn he was good.

She, forget it. Terry, shine bud. Forget the past and move on.

Sure wish he had grown up in New England. Darn, that would have been nice.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had an excellent rookie season with the pats and I remember thinking that maybe he should have won ROY that year instead of his former Ohio State team mate Eddie George.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
Got to keep going, get it all out.

As much respect as I have for Glenn, the reverse is with Bledsoe.

Job on the line, got to work today.

Glenn, nothing to fall back on except your talent. Tough.

Bledsoe, hey I am a Super Star.

Once the job is secure, I will be the bum I have always been. I am really beginning to believe this guy only shows up when he has to.

Period. Glad he no longer plays for the Pats. Glenn, well, that is another story. Talent. As Brando said " I coulda been a conterder". Darn.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
As a football fan, I look at all the talent on all the teams. I cannot believe the Saints signed this guy for such an extended period.

Duane

Reaction score
Merged these to help keep the main page clean. Plus really who needs a 100 posts by a Pats fan on a Cowboys board? :D

Haley94

Reaction score
Well he's going have to be "on" with Romo breathing down his next. That's why Parcells leaked the info the Mort. To keep the pressure on Bledsoe all year long.

scottsp

Reaction score
Not remember Tony Eason? C'mon. I remember that kid from Illinois. He looked good early on as Meyer was trying to phase out Steve Grogan. And one of five quarterbacks selected ahead of Dan Marino.

Fair comparison. Though I would not be so quick to close the book on Brees. I would first like to see how he fares in the games that count.

Haley94

Reaction score
Pats Fan said:
As a football fan, I look at all the talent on all the teams. I cannot believe the Saints signed this guy for such an extended period.

so why don't you talk about how talented the Cowboys defense is or go to an espn board or better yet the NO board

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Pats Fan said:

Is it me, or is New Orleans nuts for signing Drew Brees??? I watched the guy during the game, no arm. Five yards. Give me a RB. He reminds me of a guy we used to have named Tony Eason (you will not remember this guy). They signed a WHAT, mulit-million dollar deal with this guy. By the way Eason was signed same time as Marino and Elway (you might remember those guys).

New Orleans is doomed as a football team regardless of Bush. Brees, multi-million dollar contract with WHAT!!

Just my thoughts.

What makes you think we dont remember or know tony Eason. I remember steve grogan too.

Brees is being careful with his shoulder, I dont think the guy we saw monday night is the real brees, they are just being patient with him, his shoulder is delicate.

scottsp

Reaction score
Stanley Morgan and Irving Fryar were good, but the men on that team, to me, will always be John Hannah and Andre Tippett.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pats Fan said:

Just my thoughts.

I remember Eason out of Illinois. Like the 4th or 5th QB taken in the great 83 class yeah?

He took you to a Super Bowl didn't he?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Stanley Morgan and Irving Fryar were good, but the men on that team, to me, will always be John Hannah and Andre Tippett.

There were a couple of guys named Craig James and Tony Collins on that team too. James was the rush guy and Collins was the catch guy. Also, Ken Simms out of Texas.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, I remember Mr. Eason cause, well, my name is also Mr. Eason, lol. Not a common last name, so whoever has my last name, I remember them, lol.

BTW, he was the bomb.........:)

scottsp

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
There were a couple of guys named Craig James and Tony Collins on that team too. James was the rush guy and Collins was the catch guy. Also, Ken Simms out of Texas.

Their backfield was interesting to me, primarily due to the fact half the Pony Express took part. Never really did care for Sims too much, though he is a Longhorn. He was just disappointing. But oh well.

I did admire their secondary, too - Fred Marion and Ray Clayborn in particular. I will never forget how huge Marion was in the Orange Bowl vs. Marino and the Marx Bros. during that '85 AFCC. It was one of the best big game performances by a DB I have ever seen.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry, the mod was not pleased with me. Had to answer. May get thrown off.

My point to him. Football is football. There are many teams and many interesting players and situations. Me, I like to talk about alot. I watch football, not just one team. Of course, my team is the Pats, and your's is the Boys.

It is unlikely either of us will make it to the Bowl. I am thinking Denver and the Panthers in the Bowl. And that is OK.

If I had my choice, I would like to see one of three teams make it if we cannot. Cleveland. Romeo, the tradition. Losing the team. Getting another one. It would be sweet for Cleveland. Second, Bengals. Palmer, low hit, unbelievable talent. Got the shaft. Sweet. Seahawks, every time they were going to turn the game around, the refs called it back. Darn, it was a nasty loss. Sweet.

Ok. Is it just OK to talk about football in the NFL???

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
By the way, I don't think the Browns have even the slightest chance of winning the Bowl.

Just like the tradition. The "Dawg pound". Jim Brown. And they lost the team because they had a lousy stadium and owner. OK, they have a new team and I really like Crennel.

It would be nice if the under "Dawg's" won the bowl -- that is if we can't -- and we have too many holes.