CFZ Thoughts from the Heart

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am a 47 year old man. Seen a lot of football in my lifetime. Nights like tonight do not happen often.

This is why I love sports in general. To catch a glimpse of greatness and see a team work hard together, fight for each other, and overcome adversity and taste success together. To watch and experience something historic and beautiful.

Bland’s historic INT was one of those moments for me. Tonight’s game is my all time favorite Cowboy Thanksgiving game— and there have been some great ones!

What we just witnessed wasn’t about this single play or the opponent it was accomplished against (though I love that it happened against our historic rival!). But this young man, stepping in to fill in for an injured star, and being humble, hard working and accomplishing what has never been done in the history of the NFL is simply epic and beautiful to watch.

Savor it. Enjoy it. This is why we are fans and this is why we love this game. And for it to happen on Thanksgiving is just perfect.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, this season is special and becoming more and more so. History setting performance on the heels of announcing JJ into the ROH?! It is a night — and a season— to remember.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Blessings to you and your families!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well said OP.

Bland earned his success and the accolades that are coming with it.

He earned it as a 5th round rookie coming in, working hard and learning the plays.

He has earned it with his play on the field, from last season to this one.

And he has earned it with his demeanor and how well he works with and communicates with his team mates. They love him, as do the coaches.

He deserves all of it… and none of it is a fluke. He is a great player who is smart, tough and has an off the chart football IQ.

it is going to be fun watching him for the next decade or so.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It'll be a special season for me if the team wins something. I don't give two craps about individual achievement for anybody.
Lol… bah humbug ya Scrooge lol

You know as well as I do these moments don’t come along often. If you can’t enjoy them when they do— then what is the point of investing all the hours watching the games and spouting your opinions on a sports forum? Lol

Live a little. Let the sunshine in once in a while brave soldier lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Well said OP.

Bland earned his success and the accolades that are coming with it.

He earned it as a 5th round rookie coming in, working hard and learning the plays.

He has earned it with his play on the field, from last season to this one.

And he has earned it with his demeanor and how well he works with and communicates with his team mates. They love him, as do the coaches.

He deserves all of it… and none of it is a fluke. He is a great player who is smart, tough and has an off the chart football IQ.

it is going to be fun watching him for the next decade or so.
+1

Well said

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
It'll be a special season for me if the team wins something. I don't give two craps about individual achievement for anybody.
giphy.gif

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I'm glad for Bland. Kid was given an opportunity and he made something of it.
Absolutely. To fill in for Diggs and do this?! Simply outstanding.

Watching this team come around him in the locker room after the game was awesome.

They are coming together in a really cool way. SF and Philly still are better considering the last games— but Dallas has the vibe that they’re playing loose and having fun together.

Good chemistry can lead to good things.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It takes play just like that to be a true winner...and why you aren't worth much more than those two craps unles posting information, not an opinion. I build up young men before running them into the dirt. Same for leadership and I get your third crap...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Absolutely. To fill in for Diggs and do this?! Simply outstanding.

Watching this team come around him in the locker room after the game was awesome.

They are coming together in a really cool way. SF and Philly still are better considering the last games— but Dallas has the vibe that they’re playing loose and having fun together.

Good chemistry can lead to good things.
I'm very interested here and now, just how much this good defense increases this next season!!

plymkr

Reaction score
I am a 47 year old man. Seen a lot of football in my lifetime. Nights like tonight do not happen often.

This is why I love sports in general. To catch a glimpse of greatness and see a team work hard together, fight for each other, and overcome adversity and taste success together. To watch and experience something historic and beautiful.

Bland’s historic INT was one of those moments for me. Tonight’s game is my all time favorite Cowboy Thanksgiving game— and there have been some great ones!

What we just witnessed wasn’t about this single play or the opponent it was accomplished against (though I love that it happened against our historic rival!). But this young man, stepping in to fill in for an injured star, and being humble, hard working and accomplishing what has never been done in the history of the NFL is simply epic and beautiful to watch.

Savor it. Enjoy it. This is why we are fans and this is why we love this game. And for it to happen on Thanksgiving is just perfect.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, this season is special and becoming more and more so. History setting performance on the heels of announcing JJ into the ROH?! It is a night — and a season— to remember.

Well said.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'll issue countless craps of happiness when you Philly frauds get the hell off this forum. What will take to make that happen?

Your cancer aside, I enjoyed an incredibly great day, full of Thanksgiving for the good people and things in my life, including every Cowboys win.

What a game! What a day!

plymkr

Reaction score

One more thing I want to tag on with your post. I’ve been a fan for 48+ years and I think this was my favorite Thanksgiving game as well. This was a fun game to watch. Contentious through 3 quarters and then we blew it open. But Bland’s record did it for me. It was so cool and satisfying to see history made in real time. This will be a Cowboys memory I won’t forget. To make it sweeter, Bland’s family was in the stands. That’s awesome. And Jim Nants call of the play was perfect. Romo acknowledged it right away. The play was exciting, Jim’s call was perfect and it was the perfect ending to a Holiday game. And to see the whole team go crazy and celebrate. Throwing Bland into the Kettle. The whole moment was awesome. Very fun to be a Cowboys fan today. Days like today make being a fan worth it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I liked yesterday's game as well. Might be your favorite because the win is still fresh though. :) We blessed to have had some great ones. The one where Jason Garrett beat out Farve was a great one too.