CFZ Thoughts from the Heart

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It'll be a special season for me if the team wins something. I don't give two craps about individual achievement for anybody.
Its been too long. Many of us don't care about being regular Season Champs, we want the Cowboys to go deep into the playoffs at the very least.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
One more thing I want to tag on with your post. I’ve been a fan for 48+ years and I think this was my favorite Thanksgiving game as well. This was a fun game to watch. Contentious through 3 quarters and then we blew it open. But Bland’s record did it for me. It was so cool and satisfying to see history made in real time. This will be a Cowboys memory I won’t forget. To make it sweeter, Bland’s family was in the stands. That’s awesome. And Jim Nants call of the play was perfect. Romo acknowledged it right away. The play was exciting, Jim’s call was perfect and it was the perfect ending to a Holiday game. And to see the whole team go crazy and celebrate. Throwing Bland into the Kettle. The whole moment was awesome. Very fun to be a Cowboys fan today. Days like today make being a fan worth it.
100%

The vibe of this team is amazing right now. Jimmy going into the ROH, Dak and the offense playing awesome, Bland’s record and the team’s response— they are in an amazing groove at the moment, especially at home

Even if we don’t win the division, if this team beats Philly in 2 weeks and beats some other decent teams down the stretch, they will be going into Jan on quite a roll.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I liked yesterday's game as well. Might be your favorite because the win is still fresh though. :) We blessed to have had some great ones. The one where Jason Garrett beat out Farve was a great one too.

Absolutely! That is my (now) #2 favorite T day game!

Something about Bland’s moment just makes this one a little more special to me.

Last night had some sports magic on it. One for the ages and the call from Nantz, the run back, the celebration, and the opponent were all pitch perfect for me.

That Garrett game was a classic. This one was historic

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
It'll be a special season for me if the team wins something. I don't give two craps about individual achievement for anybody.
You must not find too much happiness in watching your team when you cant relish in an all time achievment by one of its players. Something that has never been accomplished ever in the history of the league and it means nothing? You would be a lovely attendee at the Hall of fame.

shabazz

Reaction score
I guess I’ve see way too many great regular season victories to see this as anything “special“

Just another enjoyable game the Cowboys played in which they refused to play down to their opponent.

However, for any of us that saw more meaning to it and was ecstatic about it, more power to ya!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I guess I’ve see way too many great regular season victories to see this as anything “special“

Just another enjoyable game the Cowboys played in which they refused to play down to their opponent.

However, for any of us that saw more meaning to it and was ecstatic about it, more power to ya!
Setting any all time NFL mark is pretty special IMO… I think what Bland has done in 11 games is truly extraordinary

Happy for the kid. He has become one of my all time favorite players— not just for the obvious production— but the way he handles his business and conducts himself on and off the field

And to do it on T Day and against our longest rival? Priceless

GMO415

Reaction score
I am a 47 year old man. Seen a lot of football in my lifetime. Nights like tonight do not happen often.

This is why I love sports in general. To catch a glimpse of greatness and see a team work hard together, fight for each other, and overcome adversity and taste success together. To watch and experience something historic and beautiful.

Bland’s historic INT was one of those moments for me. Tonight’s game is my all time favorite Cowboy Thanksgiving game— and there have been some great ones!

What we just witnessed wasn’t about this single play or the opponent it was accomplished against (though I love that it happened against our historic rival!). But this young man, stepping in to fill in for an injured star, and being humble, hard working and accomplishing what has never been done in the history of the NFL is simply epic and beautiful to watch.

Savor it. Enjoy it. This is why we are fans and this is why we love this game. And for it to happen on Thanksgiving is just perfect.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, this season is special and becoming more and more so. History setting performance on the heels of announcing JJ into the ROH?! It is a night — and a season— to remember.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Blessings to you and your families!
Couldn't say it any better Bruh. I'm well into my 50s and retired from my first career a few years back. 25 years of witnessing how fragile life is and no one is promised tomorrow.

Savor these moments because they don't come often.

rambo2

Reaction score
It is special. This is a special season. The Cowboys are good period. A great time to be a Cowboy fan.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
You are a bundle of joy eh! Just now and again, occasionally say something positive.

If you won a million dollars, I swear you'd moan it hurt your back carrying it home.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I don't get the "only the playoffs count". 31 teams will ultimately have a nothing season so we need to look at games individually too and there's been some fantastic performances this year that's put a smile on my face.

Do you watch the final put on the 18th at the Masters, no. Youd miss some amazing golf over 4 days, sit back and enjoy.

Being realistic, the odds are heavily against a Cowboys superbowl win but surely excitement and entertainment comes with the journey and the "what if, maybe"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am a 47 year old man. Seen a lot of football in my lifetime. Nights like tonight do not happen often.

This is why I love sports in general. To catch a glimpse of greatness and see a team work hard together, fight for each other, and overcome adversity and taste success together. To watch and experience something historic and beautiful.

Bland’s historic INT was one of those moments for me. Tonight’s game is my all time favorite Cowboy Thanksgiving game— and there have been some great ones!

What we just witnessed wasn’t about this single play or the opponent it was accomplished against (though I love that it happened against our historic rival!). But this young man, stepping in to fill in for an injured star, and being humble, hard working and accomplishing what has never been done in the history of the NFL is simply epic and beautiful to watch.

Savor it. Enjoy it. This is why we are fans and this is why we love this game. And for it to happen on Thanksgiving is just perfect.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, this season is special and becoming more and more so. History setting performance on the heels of announcing JJ into the ROH?! It is a night — and a season— to remember.

You as well, my friend.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I agree. I think at times we as fans can get caught up and not enjoy the good. You have some fans who are just waiting for things to go bad. Which aye I get it this is how you protect yourself from yet another year of hurt. I get it. But enjoy the moments. That was a great moment yesterday with Bland. May never feel that again.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Blessings to you and your families!i
I am getting misty reading this..l

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Even more, they could very well be talking about this day, his play, 30-40 years from now. It's a very very elusive record.

BHendri5

Reaction score
One of my favorite Thanksgiving day game was when I was 10, Clint Longley had to come in for an injured Roger