Twitter: Thoughts needed on this latest Smith piece

Sydla

Reaction score
Bless you, brother. I'm not your enemy and I'm not trying to make any case. It's just my opinion. You can agree or disagree with it. Whatever.

I never said you were my enemy.

Your "hot take" here was absurd, rivaling only your disdain for Smith for having a charity that tries to help those less fortunate than him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I never said you were my enemy.

Your "hot take" here was absurd, rivaling only your disdain for Smith for having a charity that tries to help those less fortunate than him.
There you go again saying things that are inaccurate. I respect Smith for having a charity that helps minorities. I just don't think it should be advertised as "for minorities only". But it's better to be that way than not to exist at all.

coult44

Reaction score
This kind of post is what we tend to see from posters who are more interested in soap opera than football. Hell, even if we think Smith is being a little self serving, so what? If he helps people, and it is an off the field interest, what the hell does it matter?

If you’re a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, then you have made a public declaration that sports soap operas, media circus, player drama, owner drama, etc, doesn’t bother you. It comes with being part of the “greatest entertainment in sports”

This has not big tondo with helping people. JS is a fraud. And not even a good one. Usually, prima donnas can back up the swag and the selfish behavior, Not JS. He even has himself fooled

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. Celebrate the big things, the ones that matter. Not simply doing your job. Doing that cheapens everything and makes you look foolish and immature.
I dance when I correctly cook sweet potato fries crispy...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am torn on this stuff. Clearly the intentions here are a good thing. I have completely flipped on Smith though. Any other player I would like this. Smith? Just seems phony to me. This guy is all about his brand and image. I wish he would have mastered football a few more seasons before diving head first into this stuff. It seems like such a distraction for a guy that repeatedly avoided contact as a NFL linebacker. I see more of that this coming season and I will be convinced the guy isn’t serious about football but is really serious about being Jaylon Smith.

Am I wrong here?

It can be a positive or negative. It's up to the Head Coach to manage players with regards to these types of activities.

Jimmy managed to use players bigger than life personas to make the team better.

Wade Phillips let them get completely out of control an allowed them to believe they had accomplished something.

Garrett's only solution was to get players like Sean Lee and Witten and push out players like Greg Hardy. Garrett had zero ability to manage players. Garrett could not manage Dez and Stephen Jones finally had enough and cut him.

A Garrett type Head Coach would have dumped Charles Haley or never a acquired him in the first place.

Jaylon Smith should not be difficult to manage for a good Head Coach.

Jaylon is a good guy that has been allowed to "eat the cheese" to quote Parcells.

LB coach Ben Bloom was likely hand feeding the cheese to Jaylon. The new coaches on defense are mostly old-school types. Jim Tomsula probably thinks cell phone are futuristic devices from Star Trek.