Thoughts on Bradlee Anae

tunahelper

Reaction score
I was down on the pick at first because he ran 4.9. The I remembered D-law ran 4.80 while weighing 251. Lawrence weighs 266 now, so I'm certain he's a 4.9 guy himself at this point.
Anae's no slower than Lawrence. HOPefully he has technique and a high motor.

Charles Haley never had a fast 40 yard time.

Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
I just watched the senior bowl last night on the NFL channel. Anae had a monster game. He wasn't facing quality OTs but he was all over Jalen Hurts when he was on the field. Anae is relentless.

On the other hand, Terence Steele, the OT from Texas Tech the Cowboys signed as an UDFA did not look very good at all. Anae abused him as did several other DEs.

I was a little disappointed in the game Reggie Robinson played. He looked like a CB who likes to avoid contact, but it could be because it was an all star game rather than anything meaningful.

For what its worth, Terrell Burgess looked really good. He went to the Eagles. Burgess was always near the football in the game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I was down on the pick at first because he ran 4.9. The I remembered D-law ran 4.80 while weighing 251. Lawrence weighs 266 now, so I'm certain he's a 4.9 guy himself at this point.
With that avatar and name, holla at ya boi.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not worried about his 40 time. Love the kids hands and motor. No way of knowing what kind of impact he will have in the NFL until he gets out there— definitely worth the pick

So much of production along the DL and OL comes back to how tough, relentless, and nasty the player is. Does he want it more than the other guy?

Next is technique. Does he have the physical skillset to exploit the weakness of his opponent and can he apply that skillset consistently?

Anae has the motor, attitude, and past production of a high level competitor. IMO— the questions are around whether or not his technique and skills can hold up at the next level against elite competition.

I love that he gets to work with a coach like Tomsula. This kid is already on fire and Tomsula will be like throwing gasoline on him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I call dibs on Brucelee Anae. You guys can have Lawrence, Smith, Gregory or any other.

We have to share Armstrong though.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Could one gain or improve speed/quick twitch muscles with a pro NFL strength and training program???

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
most important for the DEs is not 40 speed. if they have to dash 40 yards to get to the QB, that's a good thing, because the play is broken and QB is scrambling...the most important is how quickly they get off the line. that first step. how they set up the tackles, how "bendy" they are (getting under the tackle), their counter moves, change of direction and 10 yard speed at best....that's the area they operate in. 40 times for DL men is so over rated. same with OL men. give me their 10 yard split and their 3 cone shuffle time, those are better indicators, how many reps of 225, show me the power. do they use their hands well, pursue well, know their assignment, etc.....

cowboyec

Reaction score
very excited to watch this guy in a ☆.
wouldnt be surprised if he starts opposite DLaw.
love his size.
plays with physicality.
relentless.
he'll be a fan favorite....very early.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just watched the senior bowl last night on the NFL channel. Anae had a monster game. He wasn't facing quality OTs but he was all over Jalen Hurts when he was on the field. Anae is relentless.

On the other hand, Terence Steele, the OT from Texas Tech the Cowboys signed as an UDFA did not look very good at all. Anae abused him as did several other DEs.

I was a little disappointed in the game Reggie Robinson played. He looked like a CB who likes to avoid contact, but it could be because it was an all star game rather than anything meaningful.

For what its worth, Terrell Burgess looked really good. He went to the Eagles. Burgess was always near the football in the game.
Nice assessment.

At the very least, Anna looks to be a nice rotational player, and could be a quality starter.

Steele has some technique work to do. Could be a nice backup, I'm thinking.

I just don't think Robinson makes the team, unless he just really unleashes it on STs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Could one gain or improve speed/quick twitch muscles with a pro NFL strength and training program???
Very little. The traits you are born w/ can be improved on, yes, but not changed.

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
He looks slow and plays slow.

Maybe he can do something at the end of games when the other team is tired.
Wow, maybe Google will be your best friend in researching about the player before making such a deep insight as your statement is.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I got to see some of his games. He can walk & chew gum a the same time.

He doesn't seem to get sucked into just trying to keep LT's hands off of him. I saw him work through that while still working to get his body into the backfield.

I'd say he's about as quick as Randy Gregory was coming in, but not as raw; slightly below where DLaw was his rookie year.

This guy can be coached and I think Dallas may have gotten a steal in the 5th. At worst, AT WORST he's high quality depth.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The kid has the size, hands & strength to play standing or with a hand down, but may have a better chance of becoming a starter as a rush linebacker in a 3-4.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved the pick. I'll be watching him and Gallimore to see who has a better rookie season. Don't know if this has been posted before:

That LT, Austin Jackson, was pick #18 in this year's draft.

Reactions: BAT