Thoughts on Brady Quinn

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
With all this talk of Bledsoe being short for the road and Henson/Romo never being able, what do you guys think of Brady Quinn? He's a Jr. this year. That would mean he could come out in the next draft or the year after.

I like Quinn and think he might make a good NFL prospect but interested in other opinions on this kid.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
He may come out early. ND is probably going to get Mitch Mustain and that kid is a badass.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
With all this talk of Bledsoe being short for the road and Henson/Romo never being able, what do you guys think of Brady Quinn? He's a Jr. this year. That would mean he could come out in the next draft or the year after.

I like Quinn and think he might make a good NFL prospect but interested in other opinions on this kid.

where is he playing at?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Still has a lot of work to do before going Pro.

watertown

Reaction score
you gotta be kidding, he is so far from becoming an NFL QB let us see how he does this year before we say anything about him

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
watertown said:
you gotta be kidding, he is so far from becoming an NFL QB let us see how he does this year before we say anything about him

Because why?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He was recruited by Tye Willingham to play in the WC. Now he will be in a much more conventional offense under Charlie Weise. He will be running much the same offense we run in Dallas. He might be a good fit. He needs work. He is changing offenses and the like but he definatly has talent.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
He's got the tools you like to have in a QB, smart, decent arm and pocket presesence, tough as nails, but he's yet to put them all together. He's just been inconsistent. Maybe the change from the west coast offense will do him some good. It won't hurt to have Weis working with him.

I'd be shocked if he came out after this season though. He's got work to do on his game and he knows it.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Funny you brought this up........I met Quinn at the River Walk approx 3 years ago in San Antonio. He was the QB at the Army High School all star game. He seemed like a very nice person.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Funny you brought this up........I met Quinn at the River Walk approx 3 years ago in San Antonio. He was the QB at the Army High School all star game. He seemed like a very nice person.

Really? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, I watched him for a long time. Everybody recruited him and I've tried to follow his career as best I can. Seems like a nice kid, I agree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
He's got the tools you like to have in a QB, smart, decent arm and pocket presesence, tough as nails, but he's yet to put them all together. He's just been inconsistent. Maybe the change from the west coast offense will do him some good. It won't hurt to have Weis working with him.

I'd be shocked if he came out after this season though. He's got work to do on his game and he knows it.

I kind of agree with you. I would expect him to stay in as well. However, if he has a good year, I think he might consider coming out. Personally, I think his talents suit a conventional better then a WC. A lot depends on what he can get done this year and who declares. Either way, I kinda like the guy. I think he could be a good fit.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Really? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, I watched him for a long time. Everybody recruited him and I've tried to follow his career as best I can. Seems like a nice kid, I agree.

He was with another QB but I cannot remember his name but he went to Michigan.

I just hope the Cowboys can find a young stud QB for the future who we can all be excited about each Sunday. If he fits that criteria, then I really don't care who his name is at this point. I have pulled for Chad, Quincy, Leaf, Vinny, Henson, and Romo since Troy retired.....and I must of left someone out......but, unfortunately noone has made me forget Staubach and Aikman.......who will it be? I am pulling for Drew to be in the elite two........sorry Dandy Don fans.....he does not quite make it in my book.....no Super Bowl rings.....#1 criteria.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
As a Golden Domer, I wouldn't expect Quinn to declare this year. I fully expect it to take 4-5 games before the new offense clicks, leaving too little time for him to put up enough numbers.