1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Browns Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hennessy_King, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:05 AM.

1. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

1,500 Messages
    1,355 Likes Received
    Just my take on the first episode. The way Hugh sits guys in training camp is exactly what Garrett does and it really pisses me off. Todd Haley was spot on about coaching in fear. I really like Baker Mayfield, I think he is going to be really good. Landry is a beast and I really liked his speech to the WR room. Watching Hugh lose his brother and mom in back to back weeks was tough and I really feel for the guy. Dorsey looks like a ****** walking around in flip flops and a sweatshirt. Going to be interesting watching how the Tyrod/Mayfield situation turns out. Let me know what you think.

CPanther95 likes this.
  2. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

6,902 Messages
    6,647 Likes Received
    Thanks for the reminder. Completely forgot, maybe cause it was the Browns year.

JohnnyTheFox and Hennessy_King like this.
  3. CPanther95

CPanther95 Well-Known Member

2,172 Messages
    2,728 Likes Received
    You pretty much summed up all of my thoughts about it.

It's always interesting to see how the coaching staff interprets the preseason game performances. Looking forward to that next week.

Hennessy_King likes this.
  4. Aviano90

Aviano90 Proud DC.com Reject Zone Supporter

3,488 Messages
    5,213 Likes Received
    Time for me to add HBO, watch Hard Knocks, and catch up on all the shows on demand again. Then do the same with Showtime and cancel for another year.

5. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

365 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Landry is super underrated. Just because he didn’t run a sub-4.5 he’s not worth giving money to. He was Miami’s Offense, and he’ll single-handedly keep Mayfield in the game when he’s not up to snuff.

6. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

6,902 Messages
    6,647 Likes Received
    It wasn't due to his speed. It was due to him wanting a lot of money, maybe rightfully so, and him and Gase having some minor spats over the playbook , usage and other things.

https://www.stats.com/industry-anal...-right-move-albert-wilson-over-jarvis-landry/

Miami instead wanted to not pay one receiver that much and go after a potential sleeper in Wilson and a dependable when healthy guy in Danny Amendola.

Of course Miami the previous year wasted 10mil on Cutler, and extensions to Kiko Alonso and Branch when they didn't need to. So, I'm not necessarily saying the Dolphins are experts at cap management/retention of players.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/jarvis-landry-2017-receptions-chart/

Good break down on Landry. Dolphins think they could get Wilson to do what he did, or close to it, for cheaper.

School likes this.