Thoughts on Dante Fowler?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Don't think i've seen his name pop up much. Inconsistent most of his career but had almost 12 sacks last year with the rams. I haven't seen him play much so I can't say whether he's good against the run or whatever. Could he be someone that could help the team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't think i've seen his name pop up much. Inconsistent most of his career but had almost 12 sacks last year with the rams. I haven't seen him play much so I can't say whether he's good against the run or whatever. Could he be someone that could help the team?

WebbedJointJenny-size_restricted.gif

JohnBoy

Reaction score
What is he, DT? DE?

My thoughts on DE is that we should be in reasonably good shape there - I expect a significantly better season from Tank this year, and with Randy Gregory potentially returning, we might be ok there...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He's going to get like $20m.

At that price, I'd way rather have Clowney.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
My thought is that he was a bust from 2016-2018 and in his contract year he puts up 11.5 sacks. Sorry but reminds me of D. Lawrence too much and playing for the big contract....and we saw what happened to Lawrence after he got his big deal.

Carson

Reaction score
He's going to get like $20m.

If he wanted a 1-2 year deal, for 10-12 per year, I would be all over it. According to this however, he's expected to get more

Market Value
  • 4 yrs, $59,204,312
  • Avg. Salary: $14,801,078
  • NFL Rank: 54
  • OLB Rank: 4 (Not sure why they list him as an OLB instead of DE)

Sydla

Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Not at the market value price of 14 per year

well we'll see on that....the longer it takes for someone to sign him, the lower his price will be....but you're likely right and he'll be to rich for us..was just curious to see peoples thoughts on him since he'd likely be cheaper than clowney....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Been pimping this signing a few weeks now.......but he's hard to gauge. Like you said 12 sacks and he's still young but why aren't Rams interested? Either they don't think he's worth another $14M or he thinks he worth more. I'd sign him on a prove-it deal $10-12M .....

Plankton

Reaction score
I'd roll the dice on Leonard Floyd. The Cowboys had been interested in him during the draft process a number of years back. Floyd wouldn't cost a ton either, and the upside is big.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
My thought is that he was a bust from 2016-2018 and in his contract year he puts up 11.5 sacks. Sorry but reminds me of D. Lawrence too much and playing for the big contract....and we saw what happened to Lawrence after he got his big deal.

my thoughts as well. which is why i'd hope another 1 year deal or something would be possible. Im not as optimistic about gregory as everyone else is. He might come back but to expect instant impact for a guy who has been out as long as he has, idk man

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If you want a DE that could be somewhat productive and not cost a ton or years................ persuade Michael Bennett to come back for one more run.

Not a bad idea if he'd be willing to sign reasonably. Maybe the team is figuring to go another route? Hard to say at this juncture.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If he wanted a 1-2 year deal, for 10-12 per year, I would be all over it. According to this however, he's expected to get more

Market Value
  • 4 yrs, $59,204,312
  • Avg. Salary: $14,801,078
  • NFL Rank: 54
  • OLB Rank: 4 (Not sure why they list him as an OLB instead of DE)
Well this is wrong. He had basically the same year as Robert Quinn and will be 26 instead of 30 next year. He is going to be way over that contract.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd roll the dice on Leonard Floyd. The Cowboys had been interested in him during the draft process a number of years back. Floyd wouldn't cost a ton either, and the upside is big.

He's coming off a $15 mil contract with the Bears and hasn't produced to that tune since being drafted. It'd be a roll of the dice for sure.

Aven8

Reaction score
If in shape I think that dude is Gregory, Armstrong, or Joe Jackson. Jackson is intriguing as he’s built like JPP.