Thoughts on releasing Cooper after the season

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to keep is in the eye of the beholder. The Joneses can deal with the cap as it changes in the coming year. However right now this team is the middle of a playoff run. Why are people having such a hard time just enjoying the ride here? What am I missing?
Yes, extremely strange time for this type thread.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who are the playmakers on the Cowboys offense? I am talking about guys who can make that really big play at a critical point in the game, the kind of play that gets the entire team fired up. The 49ers have Kittle and Deebo. The closest thing to that is maybe Pollard? Cooper is not that guy. Cooper catches those comfortable passes and ho-hums his way back to the huddle. I don't think Dak has great chemistry with him. Dak seems to have better chemistry with Ced Wilson.

I am not suggesting the Cowboys will be getter on offense without Cooper. But I would suggest spending that money somewhere else might make the Cowboys a better team.
I feel the same way. I like Coop, but to win in the playoffs you need a nut crackin' D. Coop is a topflight possession WR, but I'm thinking we can find another for less.

Ren

Reaction score
He’s not even our leading receiver, talent wise he’s our best but the production is just not there to justify 21million. Same thing happened with him on the Raiders

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Cooper has been getting hounded by the media and now the league is on his case.

I think Jerry is angling for Coop’s release with some of the public statements he made earlier in the season. It also seems the media attention is targeted, and it could be the team playing PR games.

Theories aside, if the FO is interested in bringing Wilson back and they believe Gallup can be brought back on a 1 year deal, releasing Coop does make financial sense. They could transition 10 million of the cap from offense to defense with that one move.

I really like Amari and his quiet confidence but his production has been down so paying him 21 million next season seems insane.

Agreed, the guy just doesn't have near the production of a true number one. Folks need to quit making excuses for him. Watch the game film, he's lethargic and lazy at times which explains why he disappears for long stretches. Keep Gallup and sign Wilson. Lamb is your #1

lqmac1

Reaction score
Here we go.... his “route tree” is limited , right? Lol
I never said that. That’s just some **** you’re making up in your head. His route running and hands are still raw. Meaning, he still needs to improve route running precision and catch-ability!

Let’s not sit up here and act like he’s on Justin Jefferson’s level!

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

I think Jerry is angling for Coop’s release with some of the public statements he made earlier in the season. It also seems the media attention is targeted, and it could be the team playing PR games.

Theories aside, if the FO is interested in bringing Wilson back and they believe Gallup can be brought back on a 1 year deal, releasing Coop does make financial sense. They could transition 10 million of the cap from offense to defense with that one move.

I really like Amari and his quiet confidence but his production has been down so paying him 21 million next season seems insane.

His production is down , becuase Daktard cant get him the Rock . Wake up !

jnday

Reaction score
Do you remember how bad Dak played without Cooper? He was horrible. It seems like Dak and Cooper has a good relationship on the field and Cooper seems to be Dak’s safety net that bails Dak out of trouble. With that being said, his injuries are concerning and he is getting older. If a good trade offer comes along , they should trade him before he accumulated more injuries.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What does 'now the league is on his case' mean?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

I thought he made 1 comment earlier this season? There were multiple times?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His production is down , becuase Daktard cant get him the Rock . Wake up !
hmm, CD had 1000+ yards....Schultz had 800 almost as much as Cooper. Wilson, the 3rd and 4th option had 600, just 200 less than cooper. Dak was 7th in total passing yards... everybody else seem to be able to get theirs.... cooper sputtered and disappeared.