Thoughts on Romo? *Merge*

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
UMMM Wheres all the talk about Romozilla? He had a monster game 349 passing yards in about 3 quarters of work! Certainly this deserves some more attention.

2 INT's meh...

cowboys19

Reaction score
i only saw the highlights but, the 1st int was definatley his fault, made a bad read.
The second int wasent a bad read or anything, he just underthrew it.

This is JMHO but to me Romo looks pretty damn good for an undrafted guy, dont ya think?

And yes this kid definately has alot of moxie.
Oh and BTW Bledsoe is the starter:D

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
1st int was Crayton's fault for stopping the route.

2nd int was Romo's fault. It's not a 50-50 ball when there are 2 defenders in the area.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He was running for his life alot, but he did great IMO. I need to see him play with the 1st teamers alot more than 1 game though.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Bledsoe's injury was serious, but do you think we may be seeing a repeat of New England here? Romo made a couple of boneheaded plays, but they were pretty much what youngsters do--some seasoning & he'll be pretty good.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Romo took from this game much needed experience,

I like his mobility.

He was very accurate on many passes and not so accurate on a few.

Put the ball up for grabs....gunslinger mode got the best of him on two or three occasions.

He showed some zip on several passes tonight.

His best asset is his coolness in the pocket.

Shows potential to be a good QB in this league.

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

I like his mobility.

Put the ball up for grabs....gunslinger mode got the best of him on two or three occasions.

An older guy agrees with this old guy!:D

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
I don't think Bledsoe's injury was serious, but do you think we may be seeing a repeat of New England here? Romo made a couple of boneheaded plays, but they were pretty much what youngsters do--some seasoning & he'll be pretty good.

Well, FWIW, Jerry Jones on the Pregame show reiterated that if we started having protection problems that Romo gives you another option to help with that.

Im really starting to think that the OL is going to force the issue here though.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

I like his mobility.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with his willingness to stay in the pocket. On one occassion he was almost sacked in the endzone because he just stayed in there and eventually shot a pass to the flats to Rector, I believe for a nice pickup.

He is very eractic and has a gunslinger mentality which scares me at time. I think whatever type of career he has in the NFL, he will live and die by that mentality.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Well, FWIW, Jerry Jones on the Pregame show reiterated that if we started having protection problems that Romo gives you another option to help with that.

Im really starting to think that the OL is going to force the issue here though.
Yeah, I think you are right. Romo's mobility and ability to throw on the run are especially important behind an inconsistent line.

The downside is that Romo is going to force some high risk plays and carries a bigger risk of turning the ball over.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw very little of the game, but when Bledsoe got inured, there was a play where the shotgun snap went over his head and he calmly picked it up and threw a laser, on the run to Copper.

I only saw the 2 nd qtr and the last few miutes of over time. But in OT, that long pass to Hurd was pretty, too bad Hurd was dead tired and couldn't catch up to it. I also saw him throw that fade the Hurd, and also that long pass play where he threw behind him.

I think he answered some questions about his arm strength.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with his willingness to stay in the pocket. On one occassion he was almost sacked in the endzone because he just stayed in there and eventually shot a pass to the flats to Rector, I believe for a nice pickup.

He is very eractic and has a gunslinger mentality which scares me at time. I think whatever type of career he has in the NFL, he will live and die by that mentality.

Mr Green you know I can live w/that.....if he lives more than he dies. :) With more experience I believe he will.

His pocket presence made several good plays tonight. His accuracy when scrambling is amazing at times.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
tony romo just wills himself to make plays. his growth in the last year has been exponential. anytime a guy throws it as much as he did tonight there's gonna be a coupla stinkos. but i feel he's answered questions about his arm-strength a ton.

he drives the ball well on the out and leads the WR well on the post. nice arc, too.

it seems he has a great feel for the rush and enough legs to deliver himself from harm.

any considerable improvement from here and tony will certainly shorten bledsoe's tenure as the starter here.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Yeah, I think you are right. Romo's mobility and ability to throw on the run are especially important behind an inconsistent line.

The downside is that Romo is going to force some high risk plays and carries a bigger risk of turning the ball over.

Well...I really think you can call it a season if Romo gets the nod over Drew Bledsoe...I just dont think he is ready to take over a football team and not take his bumps and bruises like most do.

Now if the Defense can be a TO machine and be dominant, well he could possibly just come in and drive the bus.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm starting to like romo alot more. At first I didnt buy into the dump off artist, but after these last couple of games I'm starting to really look into him. I might be on the bandwagon :D .