Thoughts on Sam Williams

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Loved the pick thought he would make more of an impact . He’s a 2 so the Cowboys have alot invested in him . DLAW A Yr older so guys like Williams have to make a bigger impact next year .
Parsons took his snaps away, because he was so good coming off the edge, and we needed the pass rush, because Tank had an injured foot.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I like how he plays angry. Gives the defense more attitude. That's what the offense needs. They need more in your face alphas.
I wonder if he ever fell out with anyone, or there's some other reason he wasn't playing as much other than Micah Parsons is really good at the position he would otherwise play?

I thought the guy had talent and looked good coming in fresh when we had our rotation of guys in the first half of the season.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on the entire rookie class.

Tyler Smith - Blue chip at T or G. Home run selection. Might be our Erik Williams as the game continues to slow down for him and his nastiness comes out.

Sam Williams - I just don't trust him. He reminds me so much of that waste of space Gregory. Everything about him screams headcase underachiever.

Jalen Tolbert - Is it possible to have a worse rookie season? He barely got on the field for a team desperate for WRs. Looked terrible in the little he played.

Jake Ferguson - A hurdling fan favorite who made a few big plays mostly thanks to the "horrible" OC scheming him wide open in the open field. Looks like a backup to me. Slow and lumbering but has good traits too.

Matt Waletzko - Don't like the body type. Would be surprised if he ever becomes a player but we shall see.

DaRon Bland - An Orlando Scandrick like find in the 5th round but with better ball skills. One of the better day 3 picks in quite some time.

Damone Clark - Transcendent. I used to think Ray Lewis was the best off ball LB ever.

John Ridgeway - Would have been a factor here had we given him time instead of holding on to complete slop like Trysten Hill and Quenton Bohanna. Would have given the Cowboys 3 players out of this 5th round that look like keepers.

Devin Harper - Looked okay in preseason. Has a chance to stick next year. Really depends on what else they do in our upcoming really active offseason.

-

I think it will come down to Smith, Bland and Clark being real players, Williams and Ferguson being backups and the rest get flushed.
Good summary but no like for you. You were asked to provide your thoughts on Sam Williams, not the entire class. Ever put your life in another man's hands? Asked him to put his life in yours? We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear? Are we clear?!

Beaker42

Reaction score
It took two years for Gregory to record a sack.
Williams had 4 as a rookie.

One thing's for certain.
Those Williams boys can't drive worth a damn.
Let’s hope he didn’t attend the Josh Brent School of Driving.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
What were your thoughts on him this season, saw some good things, saw a few ROOKIE moments when it came to flags called against him. We can call them ROOKIE mistakes this season, next season they're BONE HEAD mistakes.

Hoping to see him take an even bigger step this off season, get with some former players maybe DeMarcus Ware/Charles Hailey etc work on some moves! Please give your thoughts

What were your thoughts on him this season, saw some good things, saw a few ROOKIE moments when it came to flags called against him. We can call them ROOKIE mistakes this season, next season they're BONE HEAD mistakes.

Hoping to see him take an even bigger step this off season, get with some former players maybe DeMarcus Ware/Charles Hailey etc work on some moves! Please give your thoughts
Personally, I can't wait to watch this young man take control of one of the edge spots. This should free up Parsons to roam on the range!