CFZ Thoughts on the tough road loss-GB redo?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree with most of that not reading every word but i fee the same way..all the hate on Dak when half his INBTs this year are tipped balls, dropped passes and the fact his WRs outside of Lamb are not getting separation and hes throwing into tight widows a lot. hes also had his arm hit or body effected o follow throughs with that OL does not pass blocking well.. they are low in that category ranking and yet our QB is being blamed for trying to make things happen...

hes lost 2 games since his return GB and Jags bot with large 4th qtr leads and soem bad bounces and odd things happening those games but give it a rest that defense losing Brown, Hankins, lewis, LVE, DA etc etc has created issues now back to score 35 tin is the new narrative..thats the 2020 Cowboy ball, that how MN has to win games.

yes Our defense is Far more of concern than the O

I appreciate your effort to be the VOR and calm this place down. Im with you, 3 games to go we are in the playoffs, first goal is complete.

yesterday was a gut punch a kick in the cherries, but this isn't over by long shot in a week to week league and the playoff's will have their own very separate story, games are all different. im not concerned. just want to enjoy he 3 we have left.

nothing that happened this regular season will dictate the payoff game.. sorry, there isn't much carry over..new season coming.

yes Turpin needs to stopp ruinnig our out KOs..tired of srtig at the 15 let those roll into the EZ even if short or oiut of bounds, hes takign risks he doesn need to get ti to the 25 by simply doingnothing.

we are 10-4 goig to the payiffs and hav etime to sort this out..

but pease stop with Dak hate psost..dudes strted 3 games since his return wher eth efirst ha;lf hes been like near perect like 14-16 or 15-16 13-16 and got us big leads.. yes the INTs arent great but half of them are unflrtnate tips or the OL being poushed back into dak..even INT 1 i belive his arm was grazed from behind.either way a 17 point lead was and should have been enough to win.

we ahve a lot of bigger issues and hopefully TY helps the WR group nhut most of the issues are DEFENSE

lets spell it out..

DEFENSE

in the nfl a 14-17 point lead in the 4th str should win 99% of games and unfortunatly we are the 1% now TWICE in 6 weeks!!

Please let one of the other Cbs on the PS recently brought up replace KJ , joseph just isn't a starting CB..

Good Points!

Point is in our 2 losses since Dak returned, the defense was given a double digit lead in the 2nd half and fail to close the deal. I understand Dak had 1 bad interception yesterday, but he wasn't the reason why we lost, played a terrific game. If your offense scores over 30 points, you have to win. Dak has been throwing a lot of interceptions, but he is scoring a ton of points, doing this with a very suspect WR group where Gallup is giving them very little pose injury.

Defense is real banged up and looks tired. My plan would be moving Bland to the outside and start Alexander at the nickel, that's the best band-aid solution at this time. What to do about our pass rush and the LB position if Lve is done for the season? Probably going to have to move Parsons and pick and chose when he rushes the QB. By the way, our interior DL is very bad.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Speaking of which .........what the hell is going on with Gallup. I know KM took the blame a few weeks ago for not getting him involved more.
This is the issue and why we are hearing about adding multiple receivers. I think somebody posted the stat during the week, where he ranked 90th in separation. We are using Noah Brown as our stretch the field guy, where teams can just sit on the underneath passes. Quite surprising how well Dak has performed with this average group of receivers. Our passing offense has been pretty much Lamb and Shultz.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Loved what I saw from the O yesterday. Some of us have been begging for more designed QB runs and quick throws to the running back and they delivered. Good mix of run and pass and Dak was sharp. 34 points on the road should win...every time.

D just played awful. Backup CBs exposed, pass rush couldn't get home and run D continues to be an issue.
We see it the same, this loss is on the defense. Weren't you the one who posted that Gallup separation stat?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This should be the absolute No.1 priority over the next 3 games. Treat the next three games kind of like preseason. I would go back and break down every game this season looking at what worked and what didn't and use the next three games to work on my best plays.
I actually think this week's game is very important, beat the #1 team and it gives them confidence heading into the postseason.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good Points!

Point is in our 2 losses since Dak returned, the defense was given a double digit lead in the 2nd half and fail to close the deal. I understand Dak had 1 bad interception yesterday, but he wasn't the reason why we lost, played a terrific game. If your offense scores over 30 points, you have to win. Dak has been throwing a lot of interceptions, but he is scoring a ton of points, doing this with a very suspect WR group where Gallup is giving them very little pose injury.

Defense is real banged up and looks tired. My plan would be moving Bland to the outside and start Alexander at the nickel, that's the best band-aid solution at this time. What to do about our pass rush and the LB position if Lve is done for the season? Probably going to have to move Parsons and pick and chose when he rushes the QB. By the way, our interior DL is very bad.
yup at time the team played well as unit and we got up 17 then the defense faltered and gave up the lead..

a lot of blame to go around but a good defenses close game in the 4th with a 2-3 score lead.. great defenses should not need that big of score to win but at the very least dont blow those sizable leads regardless of circumstances. the loss goes to the TEAM but the main issue wass the defense NOT Dak, Not Moore and not MM even though maybe we should have tried to eat clock out better on the post fumble drive that was 3 and out. so ill hang this on the team for now.

wake up call , sure but this late in the game , really should they need that..

Cowboyny

Reaction score
yup at time the team played well as unit and we got up 17 then the defense faltered and gave up the lead..

a lot of blame to go around but a good defenses close game in the 4th with a 2-3 score lead.. great defenses should not need that big of score to win but at the very least dont blow those sizable leads regardless of circumstances. the loss goes to the TEAM but the main issue wass the defense NOT Dak, Not Moore and not MM even though maybe we should have tried to eat clock out better on the post fumble drive that was 3 and out. so ill hang this on the team for now.

wake up call , sure but this late in the game , really should they need that..
Got to play complementry football, when something bad happens the other unit needs to pick them up, which isn't happening too frequently, it's like that snowball affect.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We see it the same, this loss is on the defense. Weren't you the one who posted that Gallup separation stat?

Yea, that was me.

Not a bad idea on Alexander. I’d give him snaps against Philly and let’s at least see what we have.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea, that was me.

Not a bad idea on Alexander. I’d give him snaps against Philly and let’s at least see what we have.
Question is, can Bland play well on the outside? I know Alexander, he is a quality nickel corner.