Thoughts on this yr, and Next

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well another year, and another choke by our Franchise Quarterback. Disappointing? of course, but hey things happen. Too bad they all seem to be bad things happening, for what the past 12 yrs? It's getting tired, and its getting old. But most of all it's getting irritating.

The lack is discipline this team shows is an embarrassent for anybody over the age of 12. This I blame on coaching, or the lack of coaching. This is why Wade never keeps a job, because he doesn inforce rules on players, but rather tries to be liked by everybody and their momma.

Romo showed his lack of preparation today, and basically for the past month its been the same overthrowing, taking sacks, and throwing int's at the worst moments. It's a part of growing as a player, but we Cowboy fans rag on Rival QB's for this very same thing. Hopefully he gets his act together, besides he does have 67 million reason to work harder. Maybe a few million less when Joe Simpson gets finished with him.

Next season i'd like to see Romo more focused. Im sure its not easy being a nobody one yr, to a 67 million dollar qb the next. But thats the job and he has to grow with the posistion.

Barber showed he's the man to take dallas into the future running the ball. Th guy runs with a passion thats unmatched in todays game. He runs with a purpose thats greater then 11 other guys on the opposite side of the ball. Get this guy signed long term, and bring in a capable backup.

Dallas seriusly needs to get some help on the wr core. Owens is and will be the man in Dallas for years to come, but its clear Glenn isnt going to be the same, and Crayton is getting a big mouth that his big head cant cash. He needs to be back in his natural 3rd wr role. Either bring in a young established #2 guy, o draft somebody to compete with crayton and hope Crayton can tone down his ego.

The OL will have to find a replacement for Flo. While he can still get the job done, he can also get the job done for a team willing to pay alot more then what jerry will for a 33 yr old tackle. Dallas seems high on Doug Free, but is a little competetion a bad thing for a young player? Draft a tackle and let them compete. Depth on the OL is never a bad thing.

On the DL, Canty needs to be locked up, he came on strong as any 3-4 in the nfl. i really think dallas needs to find a natural NT if they're going to stick with this 3-4 defense. Teams started to run up the gut on the Cowboys as the yr went on. I dont see why they just dont go back to a 4-3, they have the players, and guys like ware, ellis, canty, ratliff, tank, and even spears seem to make plays when in this scheme.

I have no complaints about the LB'er core this yr. Could they do better then Akin? sure, but he's not killing the team.

The secondary while it's given up plays and yards, they're decent. A CB will do them some good, but its painfully obvious, Dallas needs another Safety. Or move hamlin over and let watkins take over the FS.

dr_hefley

Reaction score
A calming voice of reason among the cliff (and bandwagon) jmpers.

Salient points, one and all. My favorite was the Joe Simpson comment, followed closely by the Crayton observation.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dr_hefley;1900131 said:
A calming voice of reason among the cliff (and bandwagon) jmpers.

Salient points, one and all. My favorite was the Joe Simpson comment, followed closely by the Crayton observation.
lol im mad at the outcome, and romo isnt one of my favorite people right now. but im used o these types of endings for the cowboys. so a disappointing loss while makes me mad, its not unexpected. hopefully one day soon they can change all that. with consistent winning.:starspin

dr_hefley

Reaction score
I'm upset at the outcome too, but can't say I'm surprised. They haven't played worth a flip since Thanksgiving.

Do you think they would've done better against Seattle or Green Bay?

Reaction score
My problem is the way this team stopped running the damn ball! Garrett needs to be seriously questioned about it! Barber can set up everything! :mad:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
LatinMind;1900228 said:
nope i think they would have gotten killed next week

couldnt agree more with you. the way we played if we found a way to win, we would of gotten killed next week, and who knows maybe more painful?

i know one thing, Dallas wasnt ready for the superbowl this year. no way we would win it all, this way.

Punkabilly56

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1900267 said:
My problem is the way this team stopped running the damn ball! Garrett needs to be seriously questioned about it! Barber can set up everything! :mad:

We couldnt run it. their defense stepped up and bottled him.

The Curly One

Reaction score
I do not think they would have got killed next week but who ever the NFC sends to the Super Bowl definalty will.

Reaction score
Punkabilly56;1900346 said:
We couldnt run it. their defense stepped up and bottled him.

Barber was still getting 4 yards a pop, Garrett couldn't even answer the question on the post game show...

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
LatinMind;1900017 said:
Well another year, and another choke by our Franchise Quarterback..

this is where i quit reading............what a moron you are to lay the blame on Romo

DboyzFanAlec

Reaction score
The ONLY thing I put on Romo is his unwillingness to throw the ball out of bounds when he's scrambling. Outside of that, I'm looking to a horrible ending to the 2nd half defensively, and that Crayton miscatch that cost us the game. It may be tough to point out one play on one player, but when you are in a game as tightly contested as this one, that's where its decided often times.

CPonder14

Reaction score
LatinMind;1900017 said:
Well another year, and another choke by our Franchise Quarterback. Disappointing? of course, but hey things happen. Too bad they all seem to be bad things happening, for what the past 12 yrs? It's getting tired, and its getting old. But most of all it's getting irritating.

The lack is discipline this team shows is an embarrassent for anybody over the age of 12. This I blame on coaching, or the lack of coaching. This is why Wade never keeps a job, because he doesn inforce rules on players, but rather tries to be liked by everybody and their momma.

Romo showed his lack of preparation today, and basically for the past month its been the same overthrowing, taking sacks, and throwing int's at the worst moments. It's a part of growing as a player, but we Cowboy fans rag on Rival QB's for this very same thing. Hopefully he gets his act together, besides he does have 67 million reason to work harder. Maybe a few million less when Joe Simpson gets finished with him.

Next season i'd like to see Romo more focused. Im sure its not easy being a nobody one yr, to a 67 million dollar qb the next. But thats the job and he has to grow with the posistion.

Barber showed he's the man to take dallas into the future running the ball. Th guy runs with a passion thats unmatched in todays game. He runs with a purpose thats greater then 11 other guys on the opposite side of the ball. Get this guy signed long term, and bring in a capable backup.

Dallas seriusly needs to get some help on the wr core. Owens is and will be the man in Dallas for years to come, but its clear Glenn isnt going to be the same, and Crayton is getting a big mouth that his big head cant cash. He needs to be back in his natural 3rd wr role. Either bring in a young established #2 guy, o draft somebody to compete with crayton and hope Crayton can tone down his ego.

The OL will have to find a replacement for Flo. While he can still get the job done, he can also get the job done for a team willing to pay alot more then what jerry will for a 33 yr old tackle. Dallas seems high on Doug Free, but is a little competetion a bad thing for a young player? Draft a tackle and let them compete. Depth on the OL is never a bad thing.

On the DL, Canty needs to be locked up, he came on strong as any 3-4 in the nfl. i really think dallas needs to find a natural NT if they're going to stick with this 3-4 defense. Teams started to run up the gut on the Cowboys as the yr went on. I dont see why they just dont go back to a 4-3, they have the players, and guys like ware, ellis, canty, ratliff, tank, and even spears seem to make plays when in this scheme.

I have no complaints about the LB'er core this yr. Could they do better then Akin? sure, but he's not killing the team.

The secondary while it's given up plays and yards, they're decent. A CB will do them some good, but its painfully obvious, Dallas needs another Safety. Or move hamlin over and let watkins take over the FS.

:bang2::bang2::bang2:
Romo was plenty focused, just because you don't play a great game doesn't mean you weren't focused.

btcutter

Reaction score
LatinMind;1900017 said:

I stopped reading after you said "Romo showed his lack of preparation...". wow.....did you see how poorly the OL blocked in the 2nd half and how many balls were dropped in CRITICAL 3rd down situations???? Not to mention stupid penalties putting the offense on contant 2nd or 3rd and LONG yardage.

:banghead: