CFZ Thoughts on tonight's road victory!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
-I can care less about the opponent, when you win with your backup QB it's like stealing money. We also had several starters out tonight.

-Terrible officiating game on both sides Noah Brown mugged twice, the run into Diggs was just as bad.

Offense

-Balance, Balance, Balance!! I was screaming all offseason long that the team's #1 priority was to fix their run game and be able to have more balance. Run game was excellent, it allowed playaction to be very effective. This is the recipe for success!

-OL had it's struggles with penalties in the 1st half, but cleaned it up as the game progressed. Thought both our Tackles played well and noticed Tyler was apart of many of our big gains on the ground with his mobility.

-Thought our two rookie TE's were very good and were a factor in the team's offense success.

-Give Lamb credit, he had that terrible series late in the 1st half, but dominated when the game was on the line. Huge 4th down catch and finished the drive with a great TD grab.

-Hated that 3rd and 1 call when Noah got mugged the second time, run the damn football!!

-That 20 point benchmark is the key, keep on doing this, you will win many games, especially if the other 2 units are playing well!

Defense

-Tremendous pressure all game long. Parsons didn't look right, but the likes of DLaw and Armstrong had strong games.

-Run defense on Barkley was pretty solid all night long, yes they gave up 1 big play, but that happens against an elite playmaker like him at times. What killed this defense was Daniel Jones breaking the pocket and gaining so much yardage with his legs.

-This unit cannot keep on extending driving with all these penalties. When you have many 3rd and longs you cannot commit stupid penalties, Lewis, Joseph had a few killers that I remember.

-Excellent catch by Diggs to seal the game, although he should of had multiple picks this game, including a pick six.

Special Teams

-Armstrong had a huge FG block to flipped momentum early on.
-Another huge late punt return from Turpin.
-Maher was money again. Just make the kicks you are suppose to make, which he did.

At first look, I thought the opi was a make-up call for the non dpi on Brown. When I saw the second replay I noticed Shepard take a quick glance at Diggs and tense his shoulder for impact.

Lambs big drop was inexcusable. Yes, he stepped up in the 4th quarter, but he simply can't have drops like that. Those are momentum shifters.

John813

Reaction score
Once the Giants took the lead, Moore got way more aggressive.

Honestly, wish he would just keep that tempo. I get Rush is a backup, but it's not like he's out there playing scared. He seems to have good reads and the ability to get it to the receivers.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hendershot is a rookie so I'll give him a pass. He showed athleticism and he will learn from it.

I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming the coach 100%. These aren't the Chiefs we were playing. No reason what so ever to be passing the ball. Run the damn ball and run out the clock. Game over. Not a chance in holy hell are the Giants getting a TD in a minute twenty or less without timeouts. But we gave them a punchers chance with a buck fifty.

Flamma

Reaction score
Don't mind trying to end the game, but our rookie TE either has to get it or stay in bounds. Teaching moment.

No reason to even do it. We weren't playing the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, or Tampa, just run the ball. Game is over. Don't get cute. The Giants aren't scoring in under a minute and a half without timeouts. You only give them a chance by doing something stupid.

I can see if we were up by 3 or 6. But we're up by 7. Just run the ball.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No reason to even do it. We weren't playing the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, or Tampa, just run the ball. Game is over. Don't get cute. The Giants aren't scoring in under a minute and a half without timeouts. You only give them a chance by doing something stupid.

We have an aggressive play caller and HC, they will probably do the same if this happens again.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys, with a backup QB, are better than the Giants with Jones at QB and there is no comparison with the D's.

They did what they needed to do and the Giants did not, stop the run.

That was an ugly game from every angle but the Cowboys did exactly what they needed to do to win it.

The league office should review the officiating in that game, it was terrible.

visionary

Reaction score
Agree with most of your thoughts
My issue remains the middle of the DL. If Jones did this running the ball can you imagine what Hurts will do with much better WRs and a better OL? The middle was wide open all night for him to run. I think Eagles will expose us

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
Owning both lines of scrimmage can win in both the regular and post seasons.

I liked the offensive balance shown similar to last year's first half success with the run game.

The pass rush was outstanding.

IF the team is able to stay resonably healthy then they just need whichever bus driver QB to stay in his lane and not screw up this old school style of winning.

Because it still works.

jmo

JustChip

Reaction score

I would’ve run the ball, but didn’t have huge heartburn over the call. It was almost like a running play; a rollout with a receiver in the flat. If it’s covered, Rush eats the ball and goes down. If it’s open, which it was, complete the pass with a chance for a game icing 1st down.

What made the play fail was the TE not recognizing he wasn’t going to get the 1st and not going down inbounds.

I would’ve had real heartburn if the call had been a throw up the field. Unless, of course, it was successful.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The one thing about this game that had me cursing was our last play on offense. No, not the kneel down. Whoever it was that went out of bounds to stop the clock.

If I'm the coach I'm embarrassed by that. Just run the Damn ball, the giants aren't scoring a td in a minute twenty.

It was on the play caller , we all know KM & how he he is. that was rookie Fergusson I think, he couldn’t help the momentum took him over the line. He will learn situational football.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Not bad for 2nd stringers, not bad at all!

Come from behind win, didn't fold.

2 very long drives consummating in TDs

Improvements: Oline=running game=No...zero sacks

No turnovers

Little by little and again it's a long 17 game season.

And yes against an undefeated division foe On the Road!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming the coach 100%. These aren't the Chiefs we were playing. No reason what so ever to be passing the ball. Run the damn ball and run out the clock. Game over. Not a chance in holy hell are the Giants getting a TD in a minute twenty or less without timeouts. But we gave them a punchers chance with a buck fifty.
Yes, anything but a sideline pattern perhaps.

Creeper

Reaction score
That was Ferguson, the TE. I hated the call having him running toward the sideline just asking to get pushed out of bounds. But yeah, that was dumb.

Agreed, also both TEs need to learn not to leave their feet. Use their size to drive forward for the first down. You cannot get power and you cannot cut when your feet are off the ground.

Flamma

Reaction score
We have an aggressive play caller and HC, they will probably do the same if this happens again.

I have no problem with being aggressive. But aggressive and smart are two different things. Animals are aggressive. Humans have the ability to think things through.

I am 95% of the time in favor of that play call. But this was a special situation IMO. I pretty much knew the Giants weren't going up the field either way. But I think we all know another run play, or hell, if Rush took a knee, that would have been the final nail.