CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about Arizona Cardinals

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Arizona is openly tanking, but they remain very competitive as they should of beaten both the Giants/Commanders in the 1st two weeks.

Offense

-Their new HC, Gannon was the Eagles DC last season. Expect to see another Fangio type of scheme with deep shell, zone coverages. Dak just needs to do the same thing like he did with the Jets, be patient, take what is given and force them to change. Run the football against light boxes, Barkley had a 100 yards against them last week.
-Hyatt from the Giants kick started their comeback in the 2nd half with a deep completion. He had another one later in the 4th quarter. Cowboys should do the same with Cooks to loosen up them sitting on the short routes. Corners are beatable, but the one player to watch in their secondary is Jalen Thompson. He is their only real playmaker in the secondary.
-They have more of a pass rush by committee, did sack Washington I believe 6 times. Giants OL held up, our OL should be even better.

Defense

-Their new OC comes from the Browns coaching staff, expect them to try to run early and often with Conner, who is a tough runner that breaks a lot of tackles.
-Like to take deep shots with their speedy outside receivers in Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore.
-TE Zach Ertz is Dobbs guy he looks for on key third down conversions. Not the same player, but still can hurt us.
-The Cardinals are keeping it very simple for their journey QB, Hobbs. 1 read passing attack.
-They have two former 1st rounds tackles, but their interior is very average. This is the area to attack.

Special Teams

-Have a quality place kicker in Prater who is known to be an excellent range kicker.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is the NFL, it's not college football with Alabama playing Grambling or such, any team can beat any other team in any given week.

Trap game....

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Dobbs made us a sweat in what shouldve been a blowout when we played him on the titans, lets see how we adjust to him.

Lucky for us Budda Baker is on IR. Hopefully we make it through injury free, and i expect a pretty vanilla gameplan most likely.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They’ll do the best, but it won’t be enough. players are playing for the next team. Tanking is a joke.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm expecting a competitive game. This is the NFL ... any given Sunday. But in the end, I'm looking forward to 3-0. The hype will be real. Let's see if we can maintain our pace.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Arizona is openly tanking, but they remain very competitive as they should of beaten both the Giants/Commanders in the 1st two weeks.

Offense

-Their new HC, Gannon was the Eagles DC last season. Expect to see another Fangio type of scheme with deep shell, zone coverages. Dak just needs to do the same thing like he did with the Jets, be patient, take what is given and force them to change. Run the football against light boxes, Barkley had a 100 yards against them last week.
-Hyatt from the Giants kick started their comeback in the 2nd half with a deep completion. He had another one later in the 4th quarter. Cowboys should do the same with Cooks to loosen up them sitting on the short routes. Corners are beatable, but the one player to watch in their secondary is Jalen Thompson. He is their only real playmaker in the secondary.
-They have more of a pass rush by committee, did sack Washington I believe 6 times. Giants OL held up, our OL should be even better.

Defense

-Their new OC comes from the Browns coaching staff, expect them to try to run early and often with Conner, who is a tough runner that breaks a lot of tackles.
-Like to take deep shots with their speedy outside receivers in Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore.
-TE Zach Ertz is Dobbs guy he looks for on key third down conversions. Not the same player, but still can hurt us.
-The Cardinals are keeping it very simple for their journey QB, Hobbs. 1 read passing attack.
-They have two former 1st rounds tackles, but their interior is very average. This is the area to attack.

Special Teams

-Have a quality place kicker in Prater who is known to be an excellent range kicker.
Good post. How do you think they would do if Kyler was playing? I watched the whole Washington game and they kicked the Commanders butts. Gannon had an excellent plan from the defensive side. I think they would have been 2-0 with Kyler.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good post. How do you think they would do if Kyler was playing? I watched the whole Washington game and they kicked the Commanders butts. Gannon had an excellent plan from the defensive side. I think they would have been 2-0 with Kyler.
Yes, they should be 2-0 with even Dobbs at their QB. Gannon knows the NFC East opponents, so he will have some plan to slow us down.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm expecting a competitive game. This is the NFL ... any given Sunday. But in the end, I'm looking forward to 3-0. The hype will be real. Let's see if we can maintain our pace.
Not on the hype train yet, as they did the same thing early last season. Do it against the 49ers/Eagles, then I will jump on.

Clarke82

Reaction score
Yesterday I watched their games against Commies/Giants.

I had a couple of observations, first they play very hard with great intensity. Secondly, their O-Line and Front Seven on Defense played better than I was expecting.

Our first two opponents are better than the Cardinals (Especially the Jets) but, they will fight and we will need to take them seriously.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not on the hype train yet, as they did the same thing early last season. Do it against the 49ers/Eagles, then I will jump on.
That’s not true though. Last season they got blown out week one and had Cooper Rush till mid season

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I just don't see Arizona being a threat. Entering the season even bad teams still have hope and will play hard out of the gate. Now at 0-2 many of those hopes are out the window. It may not be a 30-point thrashing, but I have to believe Dallas wins by two possessions, which for any NFL game is a good win.

Rock423

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

They have beaten us 6 out of the last 7 games. I want us to stomp a mud hole in them. No mercy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just don't see Arizona being a threat. Entering the season even bad teams still have hope and will play hard out of the gate. Now at 0-2 many of those hopes are out the window. It may not be a 30-point thrashing, but I have to believe Dallas wins by two possessions, which for any NFL game is a good win.
Agree, could be close a half, but they will pull in the 2nd half.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our 30 point O barrage will continue and Micah will face more pre-anointing as he sacks poor Josh 3 times.

What's the record for 20 point wins to start a season?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yes, they should be 2-0 with even Dobbs at their QB. Gannon knows the NFC East opponents, so he will have some plan to slow us down.
agree mostly, but our O is totally differnt now than what he is used to. Also, he has to be careful to not gameplan too well because if they win he is out of a job, lol