CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about Arizona Cardinals

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Their players are not stupid......they know exactly what's going on. They know management wants the 1st overall pick. It's likely every player for himself, playing for either their next team ( free agency ) or contract. The team has ZERO leadership on the field playing with a backup QB. We will win....easy

erod

Reaction score
They will struggle to mount anything consistent against our defensive team speed.

Their only chance is if Dallas turns it over, and I don’t see that happening.

kskboys

Reaction score
Their players are not stupid......they know exactly what's going on. They know management wants the 1st overall pick. It's likely every player for himself, playing for either their next team ( free agency ) or contract. The team has ZERO leadership on the field playing with a backup QB. We will win....easy
Coaches mostly don't join in the tank game.

MS17

Reaction score
I'm expecting a competitive game. This is the NFL ... any given Sunday. But in the end, I'm looking forward to 3-0. The hype will be real. Let's see if we can maintain our pace.
Yes.
Someone has to remember who, but a player once said "The NFL (season) is a week to week thing." Meaning no days or easy gimme games. You play em one at a time. Could and should dont really matter.

Carson

Reaction score
I expect it to be close for 3 quarters. Then we pull away

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree, could be close a half, but they will pull in the 2nd half.
Football is weird. Remember last season how Houston played the Cowboys, Eagles, and KC. This will probably be the closest game we played so far but I think the a Cowboys win won’t be in any doubt.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Next week to the actual trap game before playing the 49ers.
Disagree, due to when the schedule came out Cowboys were to face the Cardinals with Murray, now they will face who? Dobbs? He of the 1 td pass and 370 yards in two games? And now the Cards have lost another DL guy.

Just as easy to look ahead two games as one....

btgboys41

Reaction score
Cardinals aren’t a threat. Only threat to the Cowboys is themselves. If you have confidence in the coach, and the leaders on the team to prepare the way they have this far, then they will dust the Cardinals.

If they lose or struggle, it will be on the coach, Dak, Parsons, Martin and other leaders who allowed the team to relax.

I predict a 20-30 point whooping and 3-0.

75boyz

Reaction score
In simplest terms, they looked good for the first half against the Giants and then collapsed completely.

Dobbs has some mobility going for him just as Wilson did. It will be the only thing that saves him from Quinn's pressure the same way Wilson was able to escape at times.

He's not a consistently good enough passer to pose major concerns.

I would expect a comfortable win but as Bob's other thread said you can't take any team lightly in the modern NFL.

Any given Sunday and all that but I just have a very hard time seeing how many things would hafta go right for them in order for them to beat us.

jmo

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’ll be dangerous because they have nothing to lose and will throw caution to the wind on Sunday. DLaw is talking about the Cowboys having the best defense in the world. The team is starting to sound full of itself. We better show up ready to play. If we look past them, this could be a dogfight. They were up by 21 on the Giants until the wheels came off last week.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Arizona is openly tanking, but they remain very competitive as they should of beaten both the Giants/Commanders in the 1st two weeks.

Offense

-Their new HC, Gannon was the Eagles DC last season. Expect to see another Fangio type of scheme with deep shell, zone coverages. Dak just needs to do the same thing like he did with the Jets, be patient, take what is given and force them to change. Run the football against light boxes, Barkley had a 100 yards against them last week.
-Hyatt from the Giants kick started their comeback in the 2nd half with a deep completion. He had another one later in the 4th quarter. Cowboys should do the same with Cooks to loosen up them sitting on the short routes. Corners are beatable, but the one player to watch in their secondary is Jalen Thompson. He is their only real playmaker in the secondary.
-They have more of a pass rush by committee, did sack Washington I believe 6 times. Giants OL held up, our OL should be even better.

Defense

-Their new OC comes from the Browns coaching staff, expect them to try to run early and often with Conner, who is a tough runner that breaks a lot of tackles.
-Like to take deep shots with their speedy outside receivers in Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore.
-TE Zach Ertz is Dobbs guy he looks for on key third down conversions. Not the same player, but still can hurt us.
-The Cardinals are keeping it very simple for their journey QB, Hobbs. 1 read passing attack.
-They have two former 1st rounds tackles, but their interior is very average. This is the area to attack.

Special Teams

-Have a quality place kicker in Prater who is known to be an excellent range kicker.
It’s going to be a tougher game than people are thinking.

Gambit

Reaction score
Not on the hype train yet, as they did the same thing early last season. Do it against the 49ers/Eagles, then I will jump on.
Ok, thanks for letting us know when you'll hop on the hype train. Curious though, which Eagles game would do it for you? Nov 5 or Dec 10?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for letting us know when you'll hop on the hype train. Curious though, which Eagles game would do it for you? Nov 5 or Dec 10?
I really want to see how this defense matches up against a strong offense with a good OL.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They suck....and if we don't thrash them it would be a huge red flag that the team is immature.... just like it was a sign of things to come last year when we barely snuck by a Texans team trying to lose ....

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dallas D has the benefit of having played Dobbs, so the know what he can do. Force the QB to beat you..don't let the run game get going.

Praxit

Reaction score
..should be interesting game. Cards will be in desperate mode. Punt fakes, FG fakes, going for it on 4th down etc.

On other hand, I think MM continues getting Dak comfortable with offense scheme.

Defense will go lights out.

In all cases, hoping for injury free game.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Arizona wants to lose this game. If they get any kind of lead, they will take a dive, just like they did against New York. "Playing hard for the team" is small potatoes compared to getting Caleb Williams on a rookie contract.

We only need to avoid injuries and accept the win they are giving us.