CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about the Patriots!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Very similar opponent as the NY Jets, but better offensively and better coached. No doubt this is going to be a tough, physical game that is going to look ugly at times. Last time they played, Cowboys won an overtime thriller.

Offense

-Matthew Judon is an elite pass rusher who had 15.5 sacks last season. They like to move him around for the best matchup. Uche is also very good as he registered 11.5 sacks last season. Patriots have a lot of strong players inside who will occupy blockers. Barmore is the player to watch in the interior, gets a a lot of pressures and hits on the QB. If there is a weakness within the OL, Bellicheck is going to exploit it.
-It's going to be very difficult consistently running the football, but they have to stick with it, to avoid all the exotic looks they will give the Cowboys against the pass. Stay out of those 3rd and longs.
-Christian Gonzalez, their #1 pick travels against the opponents best receiver, expect him on Lamb the entire game in press coverage, with help over the top. Lamb had a field day against the Patriots the last time, expect Bellichek to scheme him out this week. The other receivers are going to need to step up, especially the TE's.
-Cannot commit a ton of self induced penalties as the Patriots never beat themselves and take advantage of mistakes.

Defense

-The Patriots are going to try to run the football early and often, until the Cowboys can prove they can stop them. Last time they had great success on the ground, this cannot happen again. Defense has to stay away from being over aggressive as they will exploit cut back lanes if players leave their gap. Stevenson is a quality back and we all know Zeke is going to be motivated against his former team. Make them 1 dimensional and the Patriot offense is in big trouble.
-Their offensive line is very average, just like the Jets, but Mac Jones does an excellent job under pressure inside the pocket. Expect to see them use a quick passing attack, along with a high level screen game.
-Patriots lack elite speed at the receiver position, where they do the most damage throwing to their 2 quality TE's over the middle. Henry/Gesicki are real good receiving TE's.

Special Teams

-Patriots drafted the kicker that Bones Fassell targeted in Chad Ryland. Excellent looking young kicker with range.
-Bellichek came into this league as a special teams coach and knows the importance, Cowboys need to win this battle.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not going to be easy, but their offense has really no playmakers outside of Henry IMO. Very slow on offense. When they played Miami T Hill had 5 catches for 40 yards and Tua threw for like 250 if that tells you anything about their defense.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Not going to be easy, but their offense has really no playmakers outside of Henry IMO. Very slow on offense. When they played Miami T Hill had 5 catches for 40 yards and Tua threw for like 250 if that tells you anything about their defense.
Miami just hung 70 on a good defense so yeah that says Pats D is really good also.

John813

Reaction score

Yup. And they did a decent job stopping the run sans 1 big run they gave up vs Mostert. Just the right call vs the defensive setup.

The key is to force Mac Jones to pass often.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just glad they aren't 0-3 and looking at it like a 'must win game' for their Playoff hopes life. Already going to be hard enough. They hung in with the Eagles and Dolphins, this team will be ready to play.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Our offense needs their game and make the Pats stop it.
BTW.....I understand MM wanna run the ball more but we should be attacking way more with three WRs.
Also, I'm giving Rico more touches. The kid runs with a purpose, similar to MBIII......

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
MICAH CAN LEARN FROM JUDON about how to not rush up the field and get too wide

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be a tough game. But I won't have a feeling about it until I see the injury report. But I am not going into it, regardless if the OL is healthy, looking at is that we should win.

yentl911

Reaction score
This team is well coached and I feel BB has them geared up as a no chance to win against this invincible Cowboys team from all of the superlatives he has been throwing around. I would not be surprised if we lay another egg this week TBH.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Micah relying on his speed and under estimated Dobbs most likely?
Maybe so, but it's a constant issue with our pass rushers/micah going straight up the field and they're taking themselves right out of the play. It's good to hear that people are catching notice to this, I heard Broaddus mention this the other day, and several others. We're getting GASHED up the middle, yes our DT's could be better, but we're creating lanes when you go straight up, and don't try to fight back inside

I have connections to Micah being that i'm from where he's from, i'd love to catch up to him on his time in Harrisburg to give him my thoughts, NO WAY am I qualified, but just some tough love as we call it in Harrisburg!!!

Doomsay

Reaction score
Without Diggs and our starting OL, I don’t know how we can expect a different outcome vs. just about any team we play in the future.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Our offense needs their game and make the Pats stop it.
BTW.....I understand MM wanna run the ball more but we should be attacking way more with three WRs.
Also, I'm giving Rico more touches. The kid runs with a purpose, similar to MBIII......
Last week they had to keep it very basic cause of the banged up OL.

Praxit

Reaction score
I expect Billyboy to stay with run for while. Runs will include draws, delayed draws, screens, quick tosses. etc.

He's going to seek the CHINK in our Defense and exploit.

DQ has to be on top of his game. Dallas has personnel to counter everything they'll do.

On offense, Big Mike needs to stay creative and use everyone. Vaughn, Dowdle, TP, TE's...etc.

If we get most our OL back, will do fine.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Belichick has quietly built another one of his trademark defenses. No names, no sizzle, but they just suffocate you. They are disciplined and they adapt to their opponent, taking away what you want to do most.

The Pats defense does not get the attention they deserve because of the W-L record, but they are excellent. I think we will look back in January and see them holding Miami to 24 points as a minor miracle.

The Pats offense though is a dumpster fire. They are just too low-wattage to get anything done. Limited QB, leaky OL, and receivers who can't separate. BB and O'Brien want to have a run-heavy, ball control offense, but those guys are no Shanahans when it comes to run scheming, and the end result is just really mediocre. There will be a lot of dive runs, a lot of checkdowns, and a lot of punts.

I think the Pats defense is going to give this offense fits. Our offense just shuts down when CeeDee Lamb doesn't get going, and Belichick knows that. We are far from the running team we used to be, and everyone besides Lamb is just kind of a possession receiver. BB will eliminate Lamb from the game, and make us run a bunch of Pollard dives and checkdowns to Jake Ferguson. If Dak makes mistakes, we will be in a ton of trouble, because there won't be any quick strikes to even things out.

As far as New England's offense, I guess we will see if they've learned any lessons from the Arizona game. Mac Jones has disaster potential if they drop back and try to throw on this pass defense. I would test our run contains a bit... run outside and catch aggressive DLs flying upfield too fast.

Last edited:

Havic

Reaction score
It will be a close game when really we should be double digit favorites.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is the game I'd like to see more Deuce Vaughn.

Not sure of his status, but I can see BB pulling out all the stops and playing Tyquam Thorton for his 4.2 speed.

That's how we got beat by AZ. I could.be wrong. But I still think we beat the Pat's even without Diggs.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Trust that BB is gonna confuse Dak with his defensive scheme as usual, and make him beat them. On offense they will run the ball often and throw short to RB and TE to keep chains moving. Ball control., Tire the defense. Limit turnovers. It is gonna be a close, messy, physical game. FG will win it....by who remains the mystery.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Very similar opponent as the NY Jets, but better offensively and better coached. No doubt this is going to be a tough, physical game that is going to look ugly at times. Last time they played, Cowboys won an overtime thriller.

Offense

-Matthew Judon is an elite pass rusher who had 15.5 sacks last season. They like to move him around for the best matchup. Uche is also very good as he registered 11.5 sacks last season. Patriots have a lot of strong players inside who will occupy blockers. Barmore is the player to watch in the interior, gets a a lot of pressures and hits on the QB. If there is a weakness within the OL, Bellicheck is going to exploit it.
-It's going to be very difficult consistently running the football, but they have to stick with it, to avoid all the exotic looks they will give the Cowboys against the pass. Stay out of those 3rd and longs.
-Christian Gonzalez, their #1 pick travels against the opponents best receiver, expect him on Lamb the entire game in press coverage, with help over the top. Lamb had a field day against the Patriots the last time, expect Bellichek to scheme him out this week. The other receivers are going to need to step up, especially the TE's.
-Cannot commit a ton of self induced penalties as the Patriots never beat themselves and take advantage of mistakes.

Defense

-The Patriots are going to try to run the football early and often, until the Cowboys can prove they can stop them. Last time they had great success on the ground, this cannot happen again. Defense has to stay away from being over aggressive as they will exploit cut back lanes if players leave their gap. Stevenson is a quality back and we all know Zeke is going to be motivated against his former team. Make them 1 dimensional and the Patriot offense is in big trouble.
-Their offensive line is very average, just like the Jets, but Mac Jones does an excellent job under pressure inside the pocket. Expect to see them use a quick passing attack, along with a high level screen game.
-Patriots lack elite speed at the receiver position, where they do the most damage throwing to their 2 quality TE's over the middle. Henry/Gesicki are real good receiving TE's.

Special Teams

-Patriots drafted the kicker that Bones Fassell targeted in Chad Ryland. Excellent looking young kicker with range.
-Bellichek came into this league as a special teams coach and knows the importance, Cowboys need to win this battle.
good post, the pats if they dont have turnovers or alot of penaltys, can make a game of it.
as always it depends on mindset of teams, game plans and executing, and dont make mistakes for both teams.

Pats lost to eagles and miami, 2 teams that are still unbeaten, and miami scored 70 this past week lol.
both losses were close games by 7 to eagles, and 5 to miami.

So I think they are better than the record shows at this point.
Now they have to play the cowboys, another good team, so they had a tough 1st 4 games.

The Natural

Reaction score
I watched them play two games and wasn't impressed in either one. Those are my thoughts. If the offense can't get it going this week we're in trouble.