CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about the Patriots!

75boyz

Reaction score
Coached by a strong defensive HC.
QB is decent, no world beater.
Backs and receivers are kinda medium to good.
Davante Parker is an old name at WR who shows up every now and again.
Zeke and Stephenson in the RB room.
Judon at DE on dee is another good but maybe not great player.
The whole team is like a bunch of blue collar guys who will play together and beat you collectively as a team without really showcasing any top end talent.

BUT, to beat THEM you will have to earn it.
The HC and QB for Dallas once again need to lead the team to victory by their performance.

If either fails, Dallas will lose.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys usually bounce back from an embarrassing loss with an impressive win. We’ll see if that holds true on Sunday. If they end up laying another egg or simply get beat, the wheels are likely to start coming off with San Francisco coming up.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Very similar opponent as the NY Jets, but better offensively and better coached. No doubt this is going to be a tough, physical game that is going to look ugly at times. Last time they played, Cowboys won an overtime thriller.

Offense

-Matthew Judon is an elite pass rusher who had 15.5 sacks last season. They like to move him around for the best matchup. Uche is also very good as he registered 11.5 sacks last season. Patriots have a lot of strong players inside who will occupy blockers. Barmore is the player to watch in the interior, gets a a lot of pressures and hits on the QB. If there is a weakness within the OL, Bellicheck is going to exploit it.
-It's going to be very difficult consistently running the football, but they have to stick with it, to avoid all the exotic looks they will give the Cowboys against the pass. Stay out of those 3rd and longs.
-Christian Gonzalez, their #1 pick travels against the opponents best receiver, expect him on Lamb the entire game in press coverage, with help over the top. Lamb had a field day against the Patriots the last time, expect Bellichek to scheme him out this week. The other receivers are going to need to step up, especially the TE's.
-Cannot commit a ton of self induced penalties as the Patriots never beat themselves and take advantage of mistakes.

Defense

-The Patriots are going to try to run the football early and often, until the Cowboys can prove they can stop them. Last time they had great success on the ground, this cannot happen again. Defense has to stay away from being over aggressive as they will exploit cut back lanes if players leave their gap. Stevenson is a quality back and we all know Zeke is going to be motivated against his former team. Make them 1 dimensional and the Patriot offense is in big trouble.
-Their offensive line is very average, just like the Jets, but Mac Jones does an excellent job under pressure inside the pocket. Expect to see them use a quick passing attack, along with a high level screen game.
-Patriots lack elite speed at the receiver position, where they do the most damage throwing to their 2 quality TE's over the middle. Henry/Gesicki are real good receiving TE's.

Special Teams

-Patriots drafted the kicker that Bones Fassell targeted in Chad Ryland. Excellent looking young kicker with range.
-Bellichek came into this league as a special teams coach and knows the importance, Cowboys need to win this battle.
The Patriots look a lot like us but without the explosive players like CeeDee/Pollard. Our offensive line is better and Dak is the better quarterback. Tough game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Patriots look a lot like us but without the explosive players like CeeDee/Pollard. Our offensive line is better and Dak is the better quarterback. Tough game.
This is going to be a real, physical, smash mouth type of game, but one the Cowboys have to win with the 49ers on deck.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
good post, the pats if they dont have turnovers or alot of penaltys, can make a game of it.
as always it depends on mindset of teams, game plans and executing, and dont make mistakes for both teams.

Pats lost to eagles and miami, 2 teams that are still unbeaten, and miami scored 70 this past week lol.
both losses were close games by 7 to eagles, and 5 to miami.

So I think they are better than the record shows at this point.
Now they have to play the cowboys, another good team, so they had a tough 1st 4 games.
I have seen them 2 or their 3 games, are very similar to the Jets but have a better QB. Cowboys need to win on the early downs on both sides of the football.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think Dallas fans shouldn’t sleep on the Patriots; BB-coached teams are sound fundamentally and they scheme to take away their opponents’ best players. Are they invincible? Not by any means, but I think they force teams to have to play well to beat them…if teams beat themselves they will lose, no matter how talented they are. So if the Cowboys play sloppy and uninspired with anything less than full effort I won’t be surprised if they are defeated.

exciter

Reaction score
Very similar opponent as the NY Jets, but better offensively and better coached. No doubt this is going to be a tough, physical game that is going to look ugly at times. Last time they played, Cowboys won an overtime thriller.

Offense

-Matthew Judon is an elite pass rusher who had 15.5 sacks last season. They like to move him around for the best matchup. Uche is also very good as he registered 11.5 sacks last season. Patriots have a lot of strong players inside who will occupy blockers. Barmore is the player to watch in the interior, gets a a lot of pressures and hits on the QB. If there is a weakness within the OL, Bellicheck is going to exploit it.
-It's going to be very difficult consistently running the football, but they have to stick with it, to avoid all the exotic looks they will give the Cowboys against the pass. Stay out of those 3rd and longs.
-Christian Gonzalez, their #1 pick travels against the opponents best receiver, expect him on Lamb the entire game in press coverage, with help over the top. Lamb had a field day against the Patriots the last time, expect Bellichek to scheme him out this week. The other receivers are going to need to step up, especially the TE's.
-Cannot commit a ton of self induced penalties as the Patriots never beat themselves and take advantage of mistakes.

Defense

-The Patriots are going to try to run the football early and often, until the Cowboys can prove they can stop them. Last time they had great success on the ground, this cannot happen again. Defense has to stay away from being over aggressive as they will exploit cut back lanes if players leave their gap. Stevenson is a quality back and we all know Zeke is going to be motivated against his former team. Make them 1 dimensional and the Patriot offense is in big trouble.
-Their offensive line is very average, just like the Jets, but Mac Jones does an excellent job under pressure inside the pocket. Expect to see them use a quick passing attack, along with a high level screen game.
-Patriots lack elite speed at the receiver position, where they do the most damage throwing to their 2 quality TE's over the middle. Henry/Gesicki are real good receiving TE's.

Special Teams

-Patriots drafted the kicker that Bones Fassell targeted in Chad Ryland. Excellent looking young kicker with range.
-Bellichek came into this league as a special teams coach and knows the importance, Cowboys need to win this battle.
According to their depth chart Barrmore is the backup to Godchaux… kind of surprising. Both are on injury list. Barrmore much more likely to play from what I read… may have changed by now!

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Belichick has quietly built another one of his trademark defenses. No names, no sizzle, but they just suffocate you. They are disciplined and they adapt to their opponent, taking away what you want to do most.

The Pats defense does not get the attention they deserve because of the W-L record, but they are excellent. I think we will look back in January and see them holding Miami to 24 points as a minor miracle.

The Pats offense though is a dumpster fire. They are just too low-wattage to get anything done. Limited QB, leaky OL, and receivers who can't separate. BB and O'Brien want to have a run-heavy, ball control offense, but those guys are no Shanahans when it comes to run scheming, and the end result is just really mediocre. There will be a lot of dive runs, a lot of checkdowns, and a lot of punts.

I think the Pats defense is going to give this offense fits. Our offense just shuts down when CeeDee Lamb doesn't get going, and Belichick knows that. We are far from the running team we used to be, and everyone besides Lamb is just kind of a possession receiver. BB will eliminate Lamb from the game, and make us run a bunch of Pollard dives and checkdowns to Jake Ferguson. If Dak makes mistakes, we will be in a ton of trouble, because there won't be any quick strikes to even things out.

As far as New England's offense, I guess we will see if they've learned any lessons from the Arizona game. Mac Jones has disaster potential if they drop back and try to throw on this pass defense. I would test our run contains a bit... run outside and catch aggressive DLs flying upfield too fast.
Tyreek Hill had 5/9 receptions,1 TD and 40 yards which is a miracle. 3rd quarter no score at all in the game.

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s going to be a weird game. Not any hate between the two franchises. Lots of respect. I don’t think it is fake either.
Yep, they became us after we had set the early NFL sustained level of success standard.
And their long term version of sustained success was even more dominant than our earlier one.

I totally respect them.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They have been in every game. I see their defense giving us fits and keeping the game close enough they can stick with the run game. Zeke is going to give everything he's got and Stevenson is a dangerous back, at least as good as Connor. If LVE and Kearse have games like last week I can see another 200 yard rushing game.

If we can somehow get some points on the board and build a lead in the first half then I love our pass rush against Mac in the 2nd half.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coached by a strong defensive HC.
QB is decent, no world beater.
Backs and receivers are kinda medium to good.
Davante Parker is an old name at WR who shows up every now and again.
Zeke and Stephenson in the RB room.
Judon at DE on dee is another good but maybe not great player.
The whole team is like a bunch of blue collar guys who will play together and beat you collectively as a team without really showcasing any top end talent.

BUT, to beat THEM you will have to earn it.
The HC and QB for Dallas once again need to lead the team to victory by their performance.

If either fails, Dallas will lose.
That rookie corner Gonzales is playing like the best corner in football right now.

This game is going to be ugly.

If we can run the ball we might hit some big plays on them.

If we can’t run the ball then expect a tough game if Dak’s arm is what has to win it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Patriots won't beat themselves.

Bellicheat is smart....he knows his team is less talented. He will take away 1 offensive weapon, whoever he thinks makes Dak the most comfortable....and then he will mix up coverages, keep a conservative low risk offensive game plan built around the run to shorten the game and minimize Micah.....and wait and see if Cowboys blink first with a bad mistake.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Someone tell Coach Mac to start keeping that play chart closer to his face. Pats have been known to… improvise.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
my thoughts.

1. the team bounces back and wins this one, and the Super Bowl parade is back on.

2. we lose and the fun continues.

2 is probably going to happen, too much talk in the media about the unnamed guy who chokes at the position we can not talk about. I think the same guy playing that position is just about broken.

Here are some AI predictions for the New England Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys game on October 1:
Spread: Cowboys -7, Patriots +7
Moneyline: Cowboys -305, Patriots +253
Over/Under: Over 43, -110
Score prediction: Cowboys 27, Patriots 21
Some other predictions include:
A projected total of 49 points
A score of 26-23 in favor of the Cowboys
A score of 24-21
The Patriots covering the spread and winning the game
The Cowboys are favored by 6.5 points. Dallas leads the NFL in turnover margin at plus-6. The Patriots are minus-2, tied for 20th in the NFL.

Patriots vs. Cowboys Pick & Prediction OCTOBER 1st 2023
1 day ago — Dallas (2-1) leads the NFL in turnover margin at plus-6 with only one giveaway. The Patriots (1-2) are minus-2, tied for 20th in the NFL.

Scores and Stats

Patriots vs. Cowboy

My prediction is the opposite of what I selected above.
The Pats cover and win the game. shrugs. I'm in favor of the fun continuing.
24 Pats 18 Boys.