CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about yesterday's blowout win!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No matter the competition, Divisional Wins are still very important!

Offense

-There is a reason why the Cowboys see more zone coverage then press man since that Denver loss a few years ago, all the big yac plays returned. They averaged almost 9 yards a play, which is insane. If a team wants to blitz, they better pressure Dak or it will destroy you.
-Many have pointed to the lack of offense for the Cowboys this yr, they are ranked within the top 5! Dak has played at all pro bowl level since the 49er loss!
-Nice to see Cooks/Gallup have strong games.
-Lamb is truly making a case for the best WR in football this season, we haven't seen this type of dominance in many years.
-You can tell Schoon is thinking too much, the mental part of the game is really affecting his play. This happens to rookies all the time.
-Dowdle really needs to start and return Pollard to that reserve role. Dowdle flies through the hole, where Pollards is constantly going laterally.
-Didn't like the Pollard run to end their 1st drive.

Defense

-For the most part Defense did as well as expected. Did well against the run game and constantly pressured the QB.
-Whenever their is an issue with the passing defense it is usually on Lewis. Bland has done well replacing Diggs, but there has been a drop-off in the slot. Muku had a bad PI when he was in the game late, not sure if there are any answers in house that are better.
-Defense still struggles with QB who can run, looked like DeVito had more rushing yards then passing yards.
-Parsons looked like he took the week off, just wasn't as explosive as we normally see.
-What the hell is Gallimore doing?

Special Teams

-Duece is no Turpin as a punt returner, more of a liability. Dowdle needed to make a fair catch on that ko after the penalty.
-Anger continues to have a strong season.

It time to start stacking up the wins ang getting separation from the lesser teams. They still will have their shot against the Eagles down the line!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was bad early. But in the end we beat a really bad team with a rookie qb. But beat them badly. I was mad they scored 17. Parsons should have dominated. And at times in the game I thought Quinn called off the dogs a few times and let that rookie qb get away with some plays. Over all we balled out and I am happy for the week.

75boyz

Reaction score
A poor 4th down call by the OC on the very first goal line failure drive.
Gallimore, with that ridiculous kick to the opponent, showed a lack of discipline.

Other than that, it was a total team display of dominance in all 3 phases.

Particularly the offense this time did not need to depend on the defense for turnovers or defensive scores.

Because the offense finally stood on its own and dominated without needing the defense to dictate the game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Gallimore, with that ridiculous kick to the opponent, showed a lack of discipline.

Particularly the offense this time did not need to depend on the defense for turnovers or defensive scores.

Because the offense finally stood on its own and dominated without needing the defense to dictate the game.
Offense has been balling for the last few weeks

aikemirv

Reaction score

Dak audibled into that run.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
ricky-bobby-will-ferell.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Offense

-There is a reason why the Cowboys see more zone coverage then press man since that Denver loss a few years ago, all the big yac plays returned. They averaged almost 9 yards a play, which is insane. If a team wants to blitz, they better pressure Dak or it will destroy you.
-Many have pointed to the lack of offense for the Cowboys this yr, they are ranked within the top 5! Dak has played at all pro bowl level since the 49er loss!
-Lamb is truly making a case for the best WR in football this season, we haven't seen this type of dominance in many years.
-You can tell Schoon is thinking too much, the mental part of the game is really affecting his play. This happens to rookies all the time.
-Dowdle really needs to start and return Pollard to that reserve role. Dowdle flies through the hole, where Pollards is constantly going laterally.

Defense

-For the most part Defense did as well as expected. Did well against the run game and constantly pressured the QB.
-Whenever their is an issue with the passing defense it is usually on Lewis. Bland has done well replacing Diggs, but there has been a drop-off in the slot. Muku had a bad PI when he was in the game late, not sure if there are any answers in house that are better.
-Defense still struggles with QB who can run, looked like DeVito had more rushing yards then passing yards.
-Parsons looked like he took the week off, just wasn't as explosive as we normally see.

Special Teams

-Duece is no Turpin as a punt returner, more of a liability. Dowdle needed to make a fair catch on that ko after the penalty.

It time to start stacking up the wins ang getting separation from the lesser teams. They still will have their shot against the Eagles down the line!
Nice win against probably the worst team in the NFL.
We have seen this before and everyone knows what I'm talking about..........Falcons anyone????
Talk to me after we face the Eagles, Bills, Fins, Lions, and Hawks, and the playoffs.
Here's hoping the offense is still putting up over 400 yards in these games!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have seen this before and everyone knows what I'm talking about..........Falcons anyone????
Talk to me after we face the Eagles, Bills, Fins, Lions, and Hawks, and the playoffs.
So the offense plays well when they win but Dak sucks when they lose. Got your agenda.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the offense plays well when they win but Dak sucks when they lose. Got your agenda.
LOL, some things never change do they, Rocky?
What agenda are you talking about again silly Rabbit?
Just look at the last 2 playoff losses and how our offense faired and whatever conspiracy theories you have concerning agendas go out the window.
How did our offense do in those games?
not-so-good-dan-levy.gif

P.S. I bet your fantasy or 1 of them is that we play the Giants for 17 weeks. :muttley:
The awesome Panthers up next so you get another week to post children tales!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

I wonder if the QB runs are against man coverage looks. Thats always going to be a possibility when you get pressure while in man coverage. It was a big reason why Wilson got so much on.the ground in the Jets game

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

We need to keep yesterday in perspective.

The Giants had street FA's in the secondary because of injuries before and during the game. Those guys had no idea what they were doing. Of course the Cowboys passing game would dominate

I'm defense, they were playing a QB who should not be in the NFL. Tommy Devito should pull out his shine box and shine shoes. He should not be on a NFL field

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

I think Dowdle's play has definitely warrented him a good look in the power running game. As for "starting", he seems our best in pass pro, but Pollard is more of a receiving threat, so either way.

I dont its as much about starting as it is proper usage

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dowdle's play has definitely warrented him a good look in the power running game. As for "starting", he seems our best in pass pro, but Pollard is more of a receiving threat, so either way.

I dont its as much about starting as it is proper usage

I like what I see concerning Dowdle kid could be a major plus for our offense down the road.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I see the comments about how poorly the Giants are this year. I agree. But when you apply that to the beat down they took yesterday and somehow derive the position that wasn't impressive, I have to scratch my soon to be balding head.

Look at the two games played against the Giants this season. Dallas gave up 17 points to that team, and 10 of those points were when the second string was in. And their scoring was directly attributed to penalties by Dallas, who played a fairly penalty free game up until the back-ups were put in. Dallas consistently beat the Giants in two contests.

Should they have embarrassed the Giants when you look at talent on each team? Yep. Did they embarrass the Giants, as they should have? Yep, they damn sure did.

I see comments like, Dallas played poorly to start off. Or this one.
Dak audibled into that run.
I am amazed how Dak gets the blame. He saw the pass would not work, audibled out, as all QB's do when they see something, and the Giants stood up and stopped the play. Did he not have the correct personnel when he saw the defense for the play called? We don't know. Did someone miss a block to prevent the audible from working? Yeah, Steele, as we were told by Greg Olsen, had the task of blocking two guys. He was to get to the second level. He just didn't block the first guy well enough.

But Dak audibled out of that play.

Dallas did what they should have done and beat the brakes off the Giants. No excuses, they should have won. They did. They played the team on their schedule and beat them without question.

I cannot fathom being a fan who grouses about a win because they didn't beat the 85 Bears during every contest in the current season.

Do you people ever enjoy a game this team plays and wins? Or is it you pull out your micrometer and slide rule and factor the momentum trajectory of every nuance to determine if you should have a questionable attitude after the contest?

I lump this in with fans who talk about players the team needs to sign to a small contract because they are doing well today. I think about the team on the schedule coming next. Not next off season. Not next year. I enjoy the team today.

The season is long. There will be highs and lows. Every win goes in the poke and at the end of the season, those wins are counted and the team either makes the play-offs or not. This one went the Cowboy's way.

Maybe all you malcontents should take a few weeks off and just enjoy things like: Dak again played very well. Cee Dee's one handed catch. Cooks big day. (The graphics that scrolled at the bottom of the screen on NFLN listed the best results for the day for WR's, as they do for every skill position. Cooks was#2 and Cee Dee was #5.)

Instead you guys come here and belittle the win by dissecting the fact the second team nickel corner for the Giants flunked three math tests in a row his junior year at the Yonkers Highschool for the Performing Woodworkers, and Beauty school. And this makes the win less stellar.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We need to keep yesterday in perspective.

The Giants had street FA's in the secondary because of injuries before and during the game. Those guys had no idea what they were doing. Of course the Cowboys passing game would dominate

I'm defense, they were playing a QB who should not be in the NFL. Tommy Devito should pull out his shine box and shine shoes. He should not be on a NFL field
To be fair, Giants defense actually was playing well over the last month, we destroyed that defense even before some of those injuries Started to pile up

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They did have a strong offensive game against the Eagles which is encouraging, but you are right need to show it against better teams which they will face on their schedule before any playoff games are scheduled