CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about yesterday's blowout win!

aikemirv

Reaction score
I see the comments about how poorly the Giants are this year. I agree. But when you apply that to the beat down they took yesterday and somehow derive the position that wasn't impressive, I have to scratch my soon to be balding head.

Look at the two games played against the Giants this season. Dallas gave up 17 points to that team, and 10 of those points were when the second string was in. And their scoring was directly attributed to penalties by Dallas, who played a fairly penalty free game up until the back-ups were put in. Dallas consistently beat the Giants in two contests.

Should they have embarrassed the Giants when you look at talent on each team? Yep. Did they embarrass the Giants, as they should have? Yep, they damn sure did.

I see comments like, Dallas played poorly to start off. Or this one.

I am amazed how Dak gets the blame. He saw the pass would not work, audibled out, as all QB's do when they see something, and the Giants stood up and stopped the play. Did he not have the correct personnel when he saw the defense for the play called? We don't know. Did someone miss a block to prevent the audible from working? Yeah, Steele, as we were told by Greg Olsen, had the task of blocking two guys. He was to get to the second level. He just didn't block the first guy well enough.

But Dak audibled out of that play.

Dallas did what they should have done and beat the brakes off the Giants. No excuses, they should have won. They did. They played the team on their schedule and beat them without question.

I cannot fathom being a fan who grouses about a win because they didn't beat the 85 Bears during every contest in the current season.

Do you people ever enjoy a game this team plays and wins? Or is it you pull out your micrometer and slide rule and factor the momentum trajectory of every nuance to determine if you should have a questionable attitude after the contest?

I lump this in with fans who talk about players the team needs to sign to a small contract because they are doing well today. I think about the team on the schedule coming next. Not next off season. Not next year. I enjoy the team today.

The season is long. There will be highs and lows. Every win goes in the poke and at the end of the season, those wins are counted and the team either makes the play-offs or not. This one went the Cowboy's way.

Maybe all you malcontents should take a few weeks off and just enjoy things like: Dak again played very well. Cee Dee's one handed catch. Cooks big day. (The graphics that scrolled at the bottom of the screen on NFLN listed the best results for the day for WR's, as they do for every skill position. Cooks was#2 and Cee Dee was #5.)

Instead you guys come here and belittle the win by dissecting the fact the second team nickel corner for the Giants flunked three math tests in a row his junior year at the Yonkers Highschool for the Performing Woodworkers, and Beauty school. And this makes the win less stellar.
Not blame - Someone said that the OC called the play to run there and I just said that Dak audibled into it. That is not blame, those are just facts. The OC called a pass first and Dak saw something different. When I saw the run, I though that the play would have worked had it been Dowdle. Maybe right call and wrong back....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
ONE thing bugged me about yesterday.

It felt like NYG O cared more about NOT getting shutout than the DAL D cared about trying to shut them out.

It's picky and petty and lame, I know, but 2 shutouts would have been nice

Motorola

Reaction score
To be fair, Giants defense actually was playing well over the last month, we destroyed that defense even before some of those injuries Started to pile up
Giants defense rolled over the previous Sunday v. Raiders__
6 play drive, 67 yds -TD
8 play drive, 65 yds -TD
4 play drive, 60 yds- TD
Down 0 - 24 at halftime.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Giants defense rolled over the previous Sunday v. Raiders__
6 play drive, 67 yds -TD
8 play drive, 65 yds -TD
4 play drive, 60 yds- TD
Down 0 - 24 at halftime.
They did struggle against the Raiders, but losing their QB deflated them. Didn’t they almost beat the Bills a few weeks ago? Held Washington to 7 points

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With regard to the RB discussion, I feel both Pollard and Dowdle are complimentary backs rather than the primary workhorse. I am not sure starting Dowdle over Pollard will generate much different results in the overall run game.

Motorola

Reaction score
They did struggle against the Raiders, but losing their QB deflated them. Didn’t they almost beat the Bills a few weeks ago? Held Washington to 7 points
Held the Bills to 14 points at their house the game before; but the Giants offense.... 3 field goals = 9 points...result - a loss.

The four games between their only two victories this season -week 2 @ ARI and week 7 v. WAS - the Giants scored ZERO touchdowns on offense - and only one total (pick-six @ MIA).

Okay\ good \ average at best defense cannot make up for a very poor offense to win more games than not.

Flamma

Reaction score
What I found amusing was the Giants player dancing in the endzone when they made it 28-7. This game was never in question and he's dancing.

Then a guy picks off Cooper Rush with the score already 9510, more celebration. Years ago players would point at the scoreboard when that happened. But I guess you'll get flagged for that today.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Held the Bills to 14 points at their house the game before; but the Giants offense.... 3 field goals = 9 points...result - a loss.

The four games between their only two victories this season -week 2 @ ARI and week 7 v. WAS - the Giants scored ZERO touchdowns on offense - and only one total (pick-six @ MIA).

Okay\ good \ average at best defense cannot make up for a very poor offense to win more games than not.
We agree Giant offense is real bad, but their defense had been better playing good, outside of that Raider game

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great win. Can’t find anything worrying about it other than I wish they dropped 60 on them. :)

Love the energy on the defensive end. I’m hoping the run game got their taste and now wants much more.

Issues with Arizona and SF games is not matching intensity and physicality. I like the intensity of this game. I like the coach giving Dak more leeway to cut it loose. Don’t care about the Dak debaters but whatever folks think he is, he’s better with more latitude and confidence and not kept in a shell.

Motorola

Reaction score
We agree Giant offense is real bad, but their defense had been better playing good, outside of that Raider game
Yet 24 hours ago - the Giants defense yielded___
● 77 plays
● Time of possession to DAL 37:21
● Gave up 640 yards - 168 rush, 472pass
● Gave up 5.1 yards per rush, 10.7 yards per pass
● Faced 7 red zone possessions, surrendered 6 TDs
● Got 2 INTs
● Got 0 Sacks

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nice win.

Folks need to settle down. We got an easy win from a team that trotted out a third-string, undrafted rookie free agent at QB.

Eddie

Reaction score
With regard to the RB discussion, I feel both Pollard and Dowdle are complimentary backs rather than the primary workhorse. I am not sure starting Dowdle over Pollard will generate much different results in the overall run game.

Hopefully, it'll make TP more productive.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yet 24 hours ago - the Giants defense yielded___
● 77 plays
● Time of possession to DAL 37:21
● Gave up 640 yards - 168 rush, 472pass
● Gave up 5.1 yards per rush, 10.7 yards per pass
● Faced 7 red zone possessions, surrendered 6 TDs
● Got 2 INTs
● Got 0 Sacks
It’s a real good sign for the offense moving forward as they just came off a game they should have won. Rather allow it to linger, they came out firing

quickccc

Reaction score
No matter the competition, Divisional Wins are still very important!

Offense

-There is a reason why the Cowboys see more zone coverage then press man since that Denver loss a few years ago, all the big yac plays returned. They averaged almost 9 yards a play, which is insane. If a team wants to blitz, they better pressure Dak or it will destroy you.
-Many have pointed to the lack of offense for the Cowboys this yr, they are ranked within the top 5! Dak has played at all pro bowl level since the 49er loss!
-Nice to see Cooks/Gallup have strong games.
-Lamb is truly making a case for the best WR in football this season, we haven't seen this type of dominance in many years.
-You can tell Schoon is thinking too much, the mental part of the game is really affecting his play. This happens to rookies all the time.
-Dowdle really needs to start and return Pollard to that reserve role. Dowdle flies through the hole, where Pollards is constantly going laterally.
-Didn't like the Pollard run to end their 1st drive.

Defense

-For the most part Defense did as well as expected. Did well against the run game and constantly pressured the QB.
-Whenever their is an issue with the passing defense it is usually on Lewis. Bland has done well replacing Diggs, but there has been a drop-off in the slot. Muku had a bad PI when he was in the game late, not sure if there are any answers in house that are better.
-Defense still struggles with QB who can run, looked like DeVito had more rushing yards then passing yards.
-Parsons looked like he took the week off, just wasn't as explosive as we normally see.
-What the hell is Gallimore doing?

Special Teams

-Duece is no Turpin as a punt returner, more of a liability. Dowdle needed to make a fair catch on that ko after the penalty.
-Anger continues to have a strong season.

It time to start stacking up the wins ang getting separation from the lesser teams. They still will have their shot against the Eagles down the line!

Thanks for Sharing ....

- Dak was clocking it to NYG defense - although he did have an INT; ..he was really swinging it and pushing it downfield .. no dink- dunk this game ..

Fergy has developed a great rapport with Dak, and a knack for the red zone He’s already well in that Schultz -like mode. And we already knew he was a much better blocker than Schultz. Is he already a top tier TE in just his 2nd yr?

Rico maybe benefitting from the coming off the bench fresh and in spots - would he wear down the more he touches the ball as a starter ? How much would it hurt to try this ?

Lamb is in a zone. Beast mode ! Even with defenders in his hop pocket- he’s making circus one handers,

Mac “finally” got Brandin “ cooking’ .. albeit forced and called out by the media; Cooks speed was too much for NYG. Placed ON- THE- MOVE he consistently just ran by CBs at will...

The Giants DB were just way overmatched- overmanned, and totally bewildered !! .. such that it led to screaming matches and tandrum scenes on their sidelines. They had no answer for any of our 4 Wrs.

Bad play calling with Macs’ 4th and one on first drve - what is da deal with this constant running outta shotgun formation ..instead of QB under center ? ... Geeez !

- Did Jalen Brooks in just limited stint - looked even more NFL ready and polished.

DEFENSE - Hankins Dlaw, Clark - and the starters was awesome - Bland should make the All Pro- Pro bowl bids this year.

Rookie Giants QB Devitto ( no not Danny) is too raw and too green to compete with Cowboys defense - he was very much overwhelmed and NYG had only Barkley as a threat.

- Expect NYG to draft a new stud next year in 2024.

- Deuce had his first only return duties for one utterly inexperienced- he played it safe for his first time.

- First time FG kicker continues game in and game out reliability.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing ....

- Dak was clocking it to NYG defense - although he did have an INT; ..he was really swinging it and pushing it downfield .. no dink- dunk this game ..

Fergy has developed a great rapport with Dak, and a knack for the red zone He’s already well in that Schultz -like mode. And we already knew he was a much better blocker than Schultz. Is he already a top tier TE in just his 2nd yr?

Rico maybe benefitting from the coming off the bench fresh and in spots - would he wear down the more he touches the ball as a starter ? How much would it hurt to try this ?

Lamb is in a zone. Beast mode ! Even with defenders in his hop pocket- he’s making circus one handers,

Mac “finally” got Brandin “ cooking’ .. albeit forced and called out by the media; Cooks speed was too much for NYG. Placed ON- THE- MOVE he consistently just ran by CBs at will...

The Giants DB were just way overmatched- overmanned, and totally bewildered !! .. such that it led to screaming matches and tandrum scenes on their sidelines. They had no answer for any of our 4 Wrs.

Bad play calling with Macs’ 4th and one on first drve - what is da deal with this constant running outta shotgun formation ..instead of QB under center ? ... Geeez !

- Did Jalen Brooks in just limited stint - looked even more NFL ready and polished.

DEFENSE - Hankins Dlaw, Clark - and the starters was awesome - Bland should make the All Pro- Pro bowl bids this year.

Rookie Giants QB Devitto ( no not Danny) is too raw and too green to compete with Cowboys defense - he was very much overwhelmed and NYG had only Barkley as a threat.

- Expect NYG to draft a new stud next year in 2024.

- Deuce had his first only return duties for one utterly inexperienced- he played it safe for his first time.

- First time FG kicker continues game in and game out reliability.
-I actually heard hear the Giants still high on Jones and would be targeting an offensive lineman. Although cannot see that happening.
-Brooks did look good. Remember will also will have Bryant at some point. I believe using Gallup on those fly routes uses his strengths the best with he good body control. Not sure if Cooks is the answer in this offense, but he has half of a season to prove me wrong.
-Ferguson has gotten better as a receiver, but has struggled as a in line blocker this season.
-Might be right about Dowdle, but I see a runner hit the hole where the other is confused where to go.
-Bland has earned the right to start in the outside next season, biggest concern is who do we have after him?

GMO415

Reaction score

Offense

-There is a reason why the Cowboys see more zone coverage then press man since that Denver loss a few years ago, all the big yac plays returned. They averaged almost 9 yards a play, which is insane. If a team wants to blitz, they better pressure Dak or it will destroy you.
-Many have pointed to the lack of offense for the Cowboys this yr, they are ranked within the top 5! Dak has played at all pro bowl level since the 49er loss!
-Lamb is truly making a case for the best WR in football this season, we haven't seen this type of dominance in many years.
-You can tell Schoon is thinking too much, the mental part of the game is really affecting his play. This happens to rookies all the time.
-Dowdle really needs to start and return Pollard to that reserve role. Dowdle flies through the hole, where Pollards is constantly going laterally.

Defense

-For the most part Defense did as well as expected. Did well against the run game and constantly pressured the QB.
-Whenever their is an issue with the passing defense it is usually on Lewis. Bland has done well replacing Diggs, but there has been a drop-off in the slot. Muku had a bad PI when he was in the game late, not sure if there are any answers in house that are better.
-Defense still struggles with QB who can run, looked like DeVito had more rushing yards then passing yards.
-Parsons looked like he took the week off, just wasn't as explosive as we normally see.

Special Teams

-Duece is no Turpin as a punt returner, more of a liability. Dowdle needed to make a fair catch on that ko after the penalty.

It time to start stacking up the wins ang getting separation from the lesser teams. They still will have their shot against the Eagles down the line!
Nice analysis. Unfortunately, Dak won't see the Pro Bowl unless someone ops out.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Same 2 weaknesses we had at trade deadline: RB rotation and Nickel CB. Since Jerra and Stephen "like our guys" I hope they make it work. Agree with you that the RB solution might be on the team if they just give Rico/Luepke some more carries and stop being bone-headed about Pollard as the man. And agree with you that there might not be a solution to Lewis.

Parsons is what he is at this point. I see fans defend him with "he takes up doubles and frees up other people" and that's true. But so did all the other great pass rushers in NFL history. He's undersized, you'll get a career Dwight Freeney or The Freak, which ain't bad. But think as a true 3-4 EDGE LB he would realize the most potential.

Deuce looked raw, like a first-time KR/PR. Remember, they said in preseason he didn't do this in college, right? For me, I feel a coach's duty is to get the playmaker out of the playmakers. There is something there with Deuce so I'm glad to see him getting experience with returns.

Aven8

Reaction score
What I found amusing was the Giants player dancing in the endzone when they made it 28-7. This game was never in question and he's dancing.

Then a guy picks off Cooper Rush with the score already 9510, more celebration. Years ago players would point at the scoreboard when that happened. But I guess you'll get flagged for that today.
Yeah it was embarrassing, but any small win for that team at this point is a win. I never feel sorry for NY, but man they are bad