CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about yesterday's blowout win!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Giants defense rolled over the previous Sunday v. Raiders__
6 play drive, 67 yds -TD
8 play drive, 65 yds -TD
4 play drive, 60 yds- TD
Down 0 - 24 at halftime.
yup and bills only won 14-9 but hey "its just the giants" when the cowboys make them look like HS team over two games in league of parity.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah it was embarrassing, but any small win for that team at this point is a win. I never feel sorry for NY, but man they are bad
I'm just wondering if the players have any sense of shame? You're getting stomped, and it's only going to get worse, why are you dancing? That's like pushing kids out of the way as you're running out of a burning building. That's like giving a cashier 30 sticky pennies. Do you have no shame? Does nothing matter to you?

I remember back in 2006 when we were losing to the Saints by like 100 points and Terrell Owens caught a TD pass. He walked in the endzone with his tail between his legs. Even that crazy dude knew enough to not make a fool of himself. What are these players today thinking?

Flamma

Reaction score
You don’t think he is a top 3 qb in the conference?
Unless I'm forgetting about a QB, I'm not sure I take another QB in the NFC over him. But that says more about the other QBs than it does Dak. The main problem I have with Dak, and it has been the last few years now, is his ability to come back in last minute drives. It always seems to fall short. The opportunity is there, but we fail.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Unless I'm forgetting about a QB, I'm not sure I take another QB in the NFC over him. But that says more about the other QBs than it does Dak. The main problem I have with Dak, and it has been the last few years now, is his ability to come back in last minute drives. It always seems to fall short. The opportunity is there, but we fail.
There are 4-5 qb’s in the conference:Hurts, Dak, Goff, Purdy and the Seattle QB, maybe Stafford.

Dak will have plenty of chances to prove he belongs after Thanksgiving when the schedule gets real difficult.

Flamma

Reaction score
There are 4-5 qb’s in the conference:Hurts, Dak, Goff, Purdy and the Seattle QB, maybe Stafford.

Dak will have plenty of chances to prove he belongs after Thanksgiving when the schedule gets real difficult.
Agreed. I don't think any of them are any better. I think Stafford used to be. But he's up in age now and regressing.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
who in the NFC would be his top competition ??

Jalen Hurts
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff
Gino Smith
Dak will get his chance to face both Goff and Gino in the coming weeks. I do believe Dak has played himself in the top 3 thus far, but will need to prove it down the stretch

morat1959

Reaction score
I see the comments about how poorly the Giants are this year. I agree. But when you apply that to the beat down they took yesterday and somehow derive the position that wasn't impressive, I have to scratch my soon to be balding head.

Look at the two games played against the Giants this season. Dallas gave up 17 points to that team, and 10 of those points were when the second string was in. And their scoring was directly attributed to penalties by Dallas, who played a fairly penalty free game up until the back-ups were put in. Dallas consistently beat the Giants in two contests.

Should they have embarrassed the Giants when you look at talent on each team? Yep. Did they embarrass the Giants, as they should have? Yep, they damn sure did.

I see comments like, Dallas played poorly to start off. Or this one.

I am amazed how Dak gets the blame. He saw the pass would not work, audibled out, as all QB's do when they see something, and the Giants stood up and stopped the play. Did he not have the correct personnel when he saw the defense for the play called? We don't know. Did someone miss a block to prevent the audible from working? Yeah, Steele, as we were told by Greg Olsen, had the task of blocking two guys. He was to get to the second level. He just didn't block the first guy well enough.

But Dak audibled out of that play.

Dallas did what they should have done and beat the brakes off the Giants. No excuses, they should have won. They did. They played the team on their schedule and beat them without question.

I cannot fathom being a fan who grouses about a win because they didn't beat the 85 Bears during every contest in the current season.

Do you people ever enjoy a game this team plays and wins? Or is it you pull out your micrometer and slide rule and factor the momentum trajectory of every nuance to determine if you should have a questionable attitude after the contest?

I lump this in with fans who talk about players the team needs to sign to a small contract because they are doing well today. I think about the team on the schedule coming next. Not next off season. Not next year. I enjoy the team today.

The season is long. There will be highs and lows. Every win goes in the poke and at the end of the season, those wins are counted and the team either makes the play-offs or not. This one went the Cowboy's way.

Maybe all you malcontents should take a few weeks off and just enjoy things like: Dak again played very well. Cee Dee's one handed catch. Cooks big day. (The graphics that scrolled at the bottom of the screen on NFLN listed the best results for the day for WR's, as they do for every skill position. Cooks was#2 and Cee Dee was #5.)

Instead you guys come here and belittle the win by dissecting the fact the second team nickel corner for the Giants flunked three math tests in a row his junior year at the Yonkers Highschool for the Performing Woodworkers, and Beauty school. And this makes the win less stellar.
And you’re here to defend Dak and Jerry no matter what.