CFZ Thoughts/Opinions of the Giants

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is a game that the Cowboys can ill afford to lose or just show up. The Giants are basically playing a PS QB.

Offense

-Giant Defense has actually played real well over the last few weeks, it's their anemic offense that's held them back. Expect to see a ton of blitzes from their DC, with press coverage behind it. Adoree Jackson may not play, but their rookie corners have gotten better as the season has progressed.
-This might be a good game to get the run game going as they just traded away Leonard Williams. Jacobs had a strong game last wk against them.
-You can bet your life Thibodeux will be matched up with Steele the majority of the game, he didn't record a single pressure in the opener, but has 8.5 sacks.
-Don't beat yourself with penalties, protect the football and make the Giants play catch up on the scoreboard.

Defense

-Expect to see a heavy dose of Barkley and an underneath, short passing game. Against the Jets, they wouldn't trust Devito at all throwing the football.
-Their OL is better today, then it was in the opener, but still a major liability. The right side of the line remains the area of weakness.
-Darrin Waller is on the ir, Slayton/Hyatt are the 2 that can stretch the field, where the rest are more slot type of receivers. Cowboys got to watch the screen game.
-Force the Giant offense to play off-schedule, make them convert third and longs.

Special Teams

-Giants had to replace both their PK and PR due to injury.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
-You can bet your life Thibodeux will be matched up with Steele the majority of the game, he didn't record a single pressure in the opener, but has 8.5 sacks.
Yeah.......he and Dex Lawrence are playing at a high level. If the Cowboys are who we hope they are, we will see the same intensive we saw last week against the Eagles and put this game away early.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Get help for Steele, Hyatt worries me a bit because we may not focus on him when he's out there

75boyz

Reaction score
Missing starters to injury at the QB, TE, RT positions.

QB is a 3rd string UDFA.

Their offensive line play, as a unit, has been among the league's worst up to now.

Traded away one of their best defensive linemen, Leonard Williams, at the trade deadline.

Their defense had played well for 3 games prior to their last game against the Raiders.

Saquon Barkley remains but not many other skill position players have developed as they had hoped.

With all this said,
Dallas truly should get a convincing win.

Operative word is "should".

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is a game that the Cowboys can ill afford to lose or just show up. The Giants are basically playing a PS QB.

Offense

-Giant Defense has actually played real well over the last few weeks, it's their anemic offense that's held them back. Expect to see a ton of blitzes from their DC, with press coverage behind it. Adoree Jackson may not play, but their rookie corners have gotten better as the season has progressed.
-This might be a good game to get the run game going as they just traded away Leonard Williams. Jacobs had a strong game last wk against them.
-Don't beat yourself with penalties, protect the football and make the Giants play catch up on the scoreboard.

Defense

-Expect to see a heavy dose of Barkley and an underneath, short passing game. Against the Jets, they wouldn't trust Devito at all throwing the football.
-Their OL is better today, then it was in the opener, but still a major liability. The right side of the line remains the area of weakness.
-Darrin Waller is on the ir, Slayton/Hyatt are the 2 that can stretch the field, where the rest are more slot type of receivers. Cowboys got to watch the screen game.
-Force the Giant offense to play off-schedule, make them convert third and longs.

Special Teams

-Giants had to replace both their PK and PR due to injury.
Basically if Dallas screws around this could be a good game. I think this will be the Giants Super Bowl especially for their defense. I hope I am wrong but I bet the Giants hang around. I hate playing bad teams like the Giants and Panthers back to back.

shabazz

Reaction score
TANKING is all we need to know. Danny Boy is to be replaced and this is just another L for the cause

Anything else is irrelevant.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have the players. We don’t have the coaching. We have the Men gone

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been carved up by backup qb's in the past. Colt McCoy, Nick Mullens comes to mind. We have to bring the intensity to the game. Just know any qb can beat you if you are lacks a daisy about your business. Can't afford another letdown like in Arizona. Just bring it and the score will be in our favor.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Basically if Dallas screws around this could be a good game. I think this will be the Giants Super Bowl especially for their defense. I hope I am wrong but I bet the Giants hang around. I hate playing bad teams like the Giants and Panthers back to back.
Giants have to play a perfect game and probably would still need help, but we said the same thing about the Cardinals. Think coming off a loss, they take care of business in a big way.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They've given up......Now they play for individual statistics.......

RoboQB

Reaction score
When bringing up the Cardinals game, members tend to forget, or ignore, that
Arizona was playing teams very tough and even held leads into the 4th quarter.

The current Giants are not anything close to what Arizona was when they
beat Dallas in the desert. Plus, the Cardinals always play the Cowboys tough.
On the other hand, Dallas owns the Giants.

Expect a similar score to the season opener. The bully that is the Dallas Cowboys
continue their assault tour on lesser teams. Enjoy it while it lasts.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to admit. I haven't been watching the giants at all. But it seems as though they're coach would have done much better at this point.
. I really thought he would be decent

Motorola

Reaction score
8 offensive TDs - 4 in one half (week 2 @ ARI)
1 defensive TD - pick-six @ MIA
13 field goals
1 TD scored during a 4-game stretch - and that was the INT TD
1 game with 2 TDs
3 games with 1 TD
4 games with no TD

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.2x.h473.w710.gif

Doomsday77

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been carved up by backup qb's in the past. Colt McCoy, Nick Mullens comes to mind. We have to bring the intensity to the game. Just know any qb can beat you if you are lacks a daisy about your business. Can't afford another letdown like in Arizona. Just bring it and the score will be in our favor.
And going back further...some guy named A. Rodgers

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys come to play they win this game easily. The problem could be getting them focused on this game given that the Giants are an injury mess right now. I worry about the Cowboys being overconfident this week and not paying attention to the details.

Jipper

Reaction score
Could see this being over early or could see us being tied 10-10 at halftime….nfce games like this never go as planned

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
The Giants have scored more than 16 points one time this season. They've been held to single digits five times. The Cowboys are averaging 27 points a game, and have been absolutely mauling bad teams. This game shouldn't be close.