Thread feed for mobile CZ app

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Does or can CZ offer a thread feed with may be thread title, original poster, last poster, etc for each forum?

The reason I ask is I've been thinking about writing a app for my phone that will load thread titles in a feed page. Then if I click on the thread, it will load in a browser.

The reason for this is, navigating pages on a small device is a bit unwieldy. Obviously if you want to read the thread it's necessary unless all the data was made available which I doubt and page scraping is ****.

A nice clean app that does this would be very cool. If anyone has seen it, it would work similar to the default news feed app on Android. Swipe left and right to get to other forums and then downward scrolling to view thread titles.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3562101 said:
Wait longer

No CowboysZone Android app for you!

soupman.jpg

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
This is a very good idea. I might bounce this around w/ a couple of my programmers to see if they have time to do this off hours. Many of them are big into following forums across the web and are all android users.

It wouldn't be a specific App for CBZ but for any VB board, which is really how you would want to write the app.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
trickblue;3564160 said:
soup-nazi_320.jpg

IMPOSTER!!!

Your Soup **** is the impostor, mine is the real deal! :)

Dallas;3564335 said:
This is a very good idea. I might bounce this around w/ a couple of my programmers to see if they have time to do this off hours. Many of them are big into following forums across the web and are all android users.

It wouldn't be a specific App for CBZ but for any VB board, which is really how you would want to write the app.

No! There are no other boards other than Cowboys Zone! :)

The question is, will Reality enable the RSS/ATOM/XML feed to allow this? (or is it already)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3573226 said:
Your Soup **** is the impostor, mine is the real deal! :)

No! There are no other boards other than Cowboys Zone! :)

The question is, will Reality enable the RSS/ATOM/XML feed to allow this? (or is it already)

We are discussing options regarding mobile access but I have no ETA at this time.

-Reality

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Have you guys looked at Tapatalk? I use it on Android 2.1 and seems to handle it well, but I only know from the end user perspective. I don't know what load it puts on the server. You all may have more volume than it can handle as well, again, don't know, but it is a nice forum app.

Martice

Reaction score
SkinsFan28;3632961 said:
Have you guys looked at Tapatalk? I use it on Android 2.1 and seems to handle it well, but I only know from the end user perspective. I don't know what load it puts on the server. You all may have more volume than it can handle as well, again, don't know, but it is a nice forum app.

I too would like this forum on Tapatalk. To any Mods that read this thread, please tapatalk. and sign this forum up if you haven't already. It's free to forum owners as well.

I hope I am not in violation by suggesting this but if I am, I am sure you guys will let me know.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;3632961 said:

That looks sweet.

Reality, Git'er Done! :laugh2: