Three anonymous souces ...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
close to Ed Werder called and told me he was reading this board right now and maniacally laughing while yelling :

"Dance, puppets, dance"

Wood

Reaction score
I am putting my bet on the three being:

Bobby Carp
Brad Johnson
Andre Gurode

ddh33

Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter
Terence Newman
Jason Witten
Bradie James was named.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
My anonymous source tells me Werder doesn't have any sources and makes up things to write about.

Which anonymous source are we gonna believe?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2481761 said:
My anonymous source tells me Werder doesn't have any sources and makes up things to write about.

Which anonymous source are we gonna believe?

Just like Larry Brown doesn't watch coaches film right?

Wood

Reaction score
I highly doubt Ed Werner needs to float a false story about these cowboys...this team has enough head cases to keep Werner, Deion and company in business for a long time. If I were a reporter...I would just set up camp right outside valley ranch...its one juggernaut story after another.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Three anonymous sources makes it sound ridiculous, but Im a firm believer of where there is smoke, there is fire.

2much2soon

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2481790 said:
Three anonymous sources makes it sound ridiculous, but Im a firm believer of where there is smoke, there is fire.

Only problem is that the smoke may be coming from Werder's ears after being stiffed by TO during press conferences.
I'd say its even money that this is:
really an actual TO problem, or
its a nasty attempt at retribution by a reporter who, like his employer,
thinks he is more important than the games he covers.

2much2soon

Reaction score
And if its a fabrication, it is very possible it backfires on Werder and pulls the team together.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481771 said:
Just like Larry Brown doesn't watch coaches film right?

Who are we kidding? Larry Brown sits in a dark room for hours studying coaches' film that he acquires from the Cowboys. They lend this to him out of the kindness of their heart for his one good game in Super Bowl XXX.

And when Brown says that if you're running a corner route at full speed, you'll wind up out of bounds, then he clearly knows what he's talking about. It's obviously Jason Garrett likes drawing up plays where one of his receivers ends his route out of bounds where he is ineligible to receive a pass.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
354955137_0775ce7c1c.jpg

Soth

Reaction score
I have read multiple posts complaining about ESPN and how the media hates the Cowboys, but the moment some idiot like Werder spews some garbage everbody believes him?

That's the reason why ESPN comes up with all these rumors and lies, because everyone believes them.

This is ridiculous.

WG5516

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that the Cowboys is the only team that has it's own Info bracket on ESPN/EPSNEWS?

Usually you have NBA, NHL, NFL and then the teams news will fall under there. But it goes like this, NBA, NHL, COWBOYS, NFL.... This is unbelievable. I don't understand how this team gets focused for the games.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
In the news biz, "cooking" quotes or making up sources is a firable offense. I sincerely doubt that Ed Werder would jeopardize 20+ years at ESPN to get even with a guy who's not forthcoming at press conferences. Furthermore, ESPN would not have allowed him to go on the air unless his sources checked out (phone numbers, etc). Ed's not some free agent stringer who gets to do as he please; he's as accountable to his employer as anyone else. The notion that the veracity of this story is somehow tied to Ed's likability or personality is absurd.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482083 said:
In the news biz, "cooking" quotes or making up sources is a firable offense. I sincerely doubt that Ed Werder would jeopardize 20+ years at ESPN to get even with a guy who's not forthcoming at press conferences. Furthermore, ESPN would not have allowed him to go on the air unless his sources checked out (phone numbers, etc). Ed's not some free agent stringer who gets to do as he please; he's as accountable to his employer as anyone else. The notion that the veracity of this story is somehow tied to Ed's likability or personality is absurd.

So how do we check it?

BTW- ESPN would not fire him, they'll give him raise.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
bbgun;2482083 said:
The notion that the veracity of this story is somehow tied to Ed's likability or personality is absurd.

You mean more absurd than a player who has alienated and divided a lockerroom on two previous franchises (every franchise he has ever played for) would go 3 for 3?