Image: Three critical offensive drives

Zordon

Reaction score
I believe the defense deserves the brunt of the blame for yesterday's loss. But the potential was there for the offense to score close to 50pts yesterday if not for a few critical drives.

First offensive drive of the 2nd half, we drive 70 yds down the field, get a great first down rz run from Zeke (screencap below) yet we don't get a TD. We don't even get a first down b/c Tron and Schultz get blown up on the 2nd down run play. Field goal.
smh.gif

Second, the drive after the Bland pick, Dak has to take the easy throw to 85 and move the chains. Instead he tries to fit in a throw to Pollard on the sidelines and gets his RB blown up by the safety. Field goal.
smh.gif

Third, very disappointing not getting a field goal to end the first half when you have a 3rd and 1 near midfield. Defender did not respect Dak's read on the option b/c he refuses to use his legs. Punt.
smh.gif

That's 11 pts left on the field.

Screen-Shot-2022-12-19-at-1-55-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-19-at-1-48-30-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-19-at-2-08-54-PM.png

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I believe the defense deserves the brunt of the blame for yesterday's loss. But the potential was there for the offense to score close to 50pts yesterday if not for a few critical drives.

First offensive drive of the 2nd half, we drive 70 yds down the field, get a great first down rz run from Zeke (screencap below) yet we don't get a TD. We don't even get a first down b/c Tron and Schultz get blown up on the 2nd down run play. Field goal.
smh.gif

Second, the drive after the Bland pick, Dak has to take the easy throw to 85 and move the chains. Instead he tries to fit in a throw to Pollard on the sidelines and gets his RB blown up by the safety. Field goal.
smh.gif

Third, very disappointing not getting a field goal to end the first half when you have a 3rd and 1 near midfield. Defender did not respect Dak's read on the option b/c he refuses to use his legs. Punt.
smh.gif

sorry, on the second one you mentioned above. where is the easy throw? three WRs in the picture are covered. pollard is coming open.
the play design is flawed, since all the underneat WRs are in the same area. I went what in the heck!!! that invites the defense to make a play....
on the third play you mention I don't see Dak having running room.

Creeper

Reaction score
The FGs on promising drives were a let downs for sure.

On that second play you mention, look at the picture. Dak had no lane to throw to Brown. He had Pollard running down the sideline being chased by a defensive lineman! What a great matchup for Dallas. If Dak releases the ball sooner and puts it in front of Pollard instead of under throwing it, Pollard score a TD easily. I would bet Dak wants the throw back so badly.

On the third play, something is wrong with this. The picture does not really help understand what went wrong. The DE plays it almost perfectly. How Pollard di not get past this guy is a mystery. With his speed he should have had no problem outrunning the DE to the edge. Had Dak kept it I don't think he gets anywhere because the DE is not far away enough from the gap. I do think if Dak kept it he at least gets back to the LOS. In 2016 he takes that through the hole and easily gets the first down. 2022 Dak is as slow as molasses.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

Look its another Dak troll blaming Dak for everything!!! No credibility.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

Man you can't make the perfect decision every time but if he fakes that pitch to Pollard he's got a lot of room in front of him. Also I thought in game speed if he puts some more air under the ball and Pollard runs under he has a TD.

stuckindc

Reaction score

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

The first two you mentioned could have put the game away. Should have punched at least one and good teams, at this time of year, bang both of them in to crush their necks. We have to know how to finish the job when opportunities arise like those