Three dropped interceptions

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't tell me the dropped INTs didn't make a difference in this game.

I feel bad for Julius, Crayton, Witten and Carpenter. They all came to play. DeMarcus Ware didn't step up tonight, but he can't do it alone.

As far as Romo, you can't tell me that a patchwork secondary had TO and TG covered ALL THE TIME! Romo is young and he's still learning. I hope the botched hold doesn't haunt him into next season.

All of that being said, If we had held onto those interceptions...

Kevlee06

Reaction score
And after Newman's drop he gets up like he did something great. The "great" thing would've been him intercepting the ball and then talk smack.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1294691 said:

I feel bad for Julius, Crayton, Witten and Carpenter. They all came to play. DeMarcus Ware didn't step up tonight, but he can't do it alone.

As far as Romo, you can't tell me that a patchwork secondary had TO and TG covered ALL THE TIME! Romo is young and he's still learning. I hope the botched hold doesn't haunt him into next season.

those dropped interceptions definitely hurt.

the referees called some horrible calls though.

bobby carpenter was awesome.

J-DOG

Reaction score

Agree.

This feels like the Skin loss.

Only worse because we have to chew on this the whole off-season.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score

Carpenter's pick was tough. He was very close to the LOS.

Newman should've caught his. It was just one of many plays that allowed this one to slip away.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Don't blame Carpenter. That ball was rifled from like 5 yards away.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;1294718 said:
Why not move Ware away from Walter Jones?????

They did. He rushed from the left side (of the D) about 50% of the time.

He made a huge play against Alexander in the red zone, penetrating and causing a 7-yd loss.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I third the Carp Int- it was a very tough catch for a guy with next to no NFL experience. Newman is a different story....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;1294766 said:
Don't blame Carpenter. That ball was rifled from like 5 yards away.
Gotta agree with this. That one would have been hard for any WR to grab.

Tristan

Reaction score
The Carp pick would have been a heck of a catch, I love that he seems to be around the ball all the time.

The other interceptions are unnacceptable, This has been going on for too looong! Henry, Newman, Roy & even Glenn have dropped an enormous amount of interceptions the last couple of years. This is unnaccptable, you can't win if you don't take advantage of those.

My feeling is that Parcells has them practicing to defense the stanford play for two hours a day instead of practicing fumdamentals like CATCHING THE DAMM BALL!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tristan;1295089 said:
The Carp pick would have been a heck of a catch, I love that he seems to be around the ball all the time.

The other interceptions are unnacceptable, This has been going on for too looong! Henry, Newman, Roy & even Glenn have dropped an enormous amount of interceptions the last couple of years. This is unnaccptable, you can't win if you don't take advantage of those.

My feeling is that Parcells has them practicing to defense the stanford play for two hours a day instead of practicing fumdamentals like CATCHING THE DAMM BALL!

I notice that Carp is always around the ball. Seems like the season ended too soon for him. He was just coming into his own. Carpenter is definitely a bright spot for next year along with Austin, Crayton, Ware, Witten, Gramatica, McBriar and, yes, Romo.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Where is all this blame on Ware coming from? He played everything but punt return.:mad:

Blame the coaches:mad:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Ware was very active tonight. It's just frustrating when there is NO PASS RUSH. You get to a point where you start saying "Where's Demarcus?" as if he can do it all alone. That's not fair to him. I hope we get some pass rushers in here this offseason. The secondary will look 10 times better once we put pressure on the quarterback. Was Hasselbeck touched at all?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score

Good Point. Can't talk about IF now

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It's called missed opportunities.

The Cowboys won the battle of missing as many opportunities as humanly possible tonight.