Three free agents who could help the Cowboys defense in 2024

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Three free agents who could help the Cowboys defense in 2024​

Story by Mario Herrera Jr., Inside The Star 5/25/2024

Earlier this week, Dallas Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy was asked his thoughts on a variety of topics from QB Dak Prescott's contract negotiations to WR CeeDee Lamb's absence from OTAs. He answered each question candidly but still made sure to downplay each situation and show that it's just business and he's not worried about how it will play out in the end.

One of the topics that was brought up was a meeting between McCarthy and VP of Player Personnel Will McClay. The meeting was reported to discuss the remaining available roster spots before camp.

At this point in the offseason, teams are permitted to roster 90 players. The Cowboys sit with 86, even after adding their annual slew of undrafted rookie free agents. According to McCarthy, the team is “poised to complete multiple moves before training camp to round out the roster.”

That got me thinking about where those four players could come from. Unless they plan to dip into the undrafted rookie free agent pool again, they'd need to dip into the veteran free agent pool.

Surprisingly, there are several big-name free agents out there that could come in and immediately help the current version of the team.

Some of those big names also come with a big price tag and we already know the Cowboys don't spend big money on outside free agents. So you won't see Justin Simmons on this list, but you might recognize a few others.

Here is my list of the top three defensive free agents left that can help the Cowboys in 2024.

DE Shaq Lawson
DT Linval Joseph
S Tashaun Gipson

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=5a8ef07fcb92448c9f23d193001d37d5&ei=14

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont know why i am reading this,these lists just makes me depressed knowing we wont sign a single one.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
giphy.gif