Three players you'd love to trade for

DanA

Reaction score
For me they would be:

1. OJ Howard: Howard is the Buccaneers 2nd option behind Cameron Brate who just signed a big contract. Howard was okay as a rookie but showed more potential than production. He'd come at a high price but would be an immediate Witten replacement and TB might listen to a trade at the right price.

2. Vernon Butler: Another former 1st round pick that is sitting behind some quality talent (Short + Poe). Again we'd have to pay a bit but we'd be fixing a pretty massive hole and we need him far more than the Panthers do.

3. Earl Thomas: An obvious and well document potential trade. He'd be the general in the secondary and would free up Woods to be more versatile play backup FS, some NB and as a 3rd safety which we've done a lot of in the past.

Xelda

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers just to remove GBs relevance. However, seeing him in a Cowboy's uniform would make me physically ill.

Odell Beckham Jr if he can get back to 100%

I'm sure there are plenty I'd like, I just can't think of them right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
you had me at Aaron Donald
think theyd take a 1st and LaEl? slide Connor to RT pay Donald 20+M per year?

on 2nd thought, nevermind :laugh:
Since there were no restrictions put on it, might as well go for the glory!!!!!!!!

It would take like 12 first round picks to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiResta

Reaction score
Since there were no restrictions put on it, might as well go for the glory!!!!!!!!

It would take like 12 first round picks to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah nobody is paying 1st round picks for a 25M dtackle
insanity

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah nobody is paying 1st round picks for a 25M dtackle
insanity
I was being facetious, but what I'm starting to see more and more is when players start demanding outrageous salaries, teams are becoming more and more reluctant to sign them. As much as I think the DL is the best road to a super bowl, you cannot overpay them because you need a deep rotation to keep them fresh.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me they would be:

1. OJ Howard: Howard is the Buccaneers 2nd option behind Cameron Brate who just signed a big contract. Howard was okay as a rookie but showed more potential than production. He'd come at a high price but would be an immediate Witten replacement and TB might listen to a trade at the right price.

2. Vernon Butler: Another former 1st round pick that is sitting behind some quality talent (Short + Poe). Again we'd have to pay a bit but we'd be fixing a pretty massive hole and we need him far more than the Panthers do.

3. Earl Thomas: An obvious and well document potential trade. He'd be the general in the secondary and would free up Woods to be more versatile play backup FS, some NB and as a 3rd safety which we've done a lot of in the past.
I more in the line with your thoughts here than most. Not really willing to give up prime picks (1st rounder(s)) and huge money at the same. Price pick wise is probably more feasable now then on draft.

For Howard and Butler, Id be willing to make a move if the cost is lower then their draft position. Could be excellent value at need positions, which is win/win

DiResta

Reaction score
I was being facetious, but what I'm starting to see more and more is when players start demanding outrageous salaries, teams are becoming more and more reluctant to sign them. As much as I think the DL is the best road to a super bowl, you cannot overpay them because you need a deep rotation to keep them fresh.
yeah me too
can you envision having a lineman inside like Donald or Watt though?
massive upgrade to the defense
and the Rams have Donald with Suh next to him o_O

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. I'll steal your OJ Howard one. It fits well. Or Demetreus Harris who I'm hoping we pick up in free agency next year.

2. Dede Westbrook if he can be had for cheaper than his draft slot. Or Laquon Treadwell

3. Jordan Phillips

DiResta

Reaction score
1. I'll steal your OJ Howard one. It fits well. Or Demetreus Harris who I'm hoping we pick up in free agency next year.

2. Dede Westbrook if he can be had for cheaper than his draft slot. Or Laquon Treadwell

3. Jordan Phillips
those would be great no doubt
but then even if this team was built to put up huge numbers in the air (and it isnt), you would still have your defense giving up 51 points to your 48
and it would probably be in the closing seconds, just to twist the knife

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
those would be great no doubt
but then even if this team was built to put up huge numbers in the air (and it isnt), you would still have your defense giving up 51 points to your 48
and it would probably be in the closing seconds, just to twist the knife
I don't know where you're getting this from, or how it correlated to my post

Jordan Phillips is a 1T DT btw.

DiResta

Reaction score
I don't know where you're getting this from, or how it correlated to my post

Jordan Phillips is a 1T DT btw.
yeah i was referring to your 1st 2 which was tightend and receiver
as i alluded in my post they would be great to have
nothing personal
i just like defense

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
yeah i was referring to your 1st 2 which was tightend and receiver
as i alluded in my post they would be great to have
nothing personal
i just like defense

I think outside of SAF and 1T that our defense will be more than adequate. What positions are you worried about that would give up 51 points?

I wouldn't trade for a safety because safeties are so freaking cheap on the open market right now, it's unreal. You get get a quality starting SAF for peanuts.

DiResta

Reaction score
I think outside of SAF and 1T that our defense will be more than adequate. What positions are you worried about that would give up 51 points?
I wouldn't trade for a safety because safeties are so freaking cheap on the open market right now, it's unreal. You get get a quality starting SAF for peanuts.
the 51 i was being facetious (the Broncos game)
i think safety could be the weak spot but i am a fan of Xavier so i have to give him a chance -plus im not up to date on realistic trades other than the obvious
i do think that makes the defense immediately better though. it brings leadership, swagger and a guy to teach Woods. makes everyone around him better
other than that i would put resources into the dline
i took the op as more 'if you could trade for'
for me it would be Earl, Danielle Hunter opposite Tank, and Fletcher Cox