Three Reasons the Cowboys Failed

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
ROFL, one a washed up TE who came crawling back to "help" his team...the other a 100 million hold out, who couldn't get 20 yards all night... great stuff cowboy fans, we got this all figured out. IMO the one thing that should have been gone years back, is still standing on the side lines with that deer in the head lights look clapping , clapping, clapping.....

Who was the only receiver who consistently got open? The same "washed up" Witten, yeah he ain't fast but if he wasn't on the field I doubt Dak hits 50% of his passes. Jason's used too much, but what do you do if Jarwin, Cooper and Cobb are well covered? Run Dak for 5 yards I guess.

Zeke had little blocking, he was made to run inside against the strength of the Saints defense, dumb play calling. Defense allowed Thomas and other receivers to do a simple up and out for 7-8 yards at least 10 times, much easier to get first downs from 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 6. Add to that penalties, missed tackles and missed blocks and you get what you get.

Zeke needs to do better, but there's only so many times you can hit for 20 yards running up the middle....

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Who was the only receiver who consistently got open? The same "washed up" Witten, yeah he ain't fast but if he wasn't on the field I doubt Dak hits 50% of his passes. Jason's used too much, but what do you do if Jarwin, Cooper and Cobb are well covered? Run Dak for 5 yards I guess.

Zeke had little blocking, he was made to run inside against the strength of the Saints defense, dumb play calling. Defense allowed Thomas and other receivers to do a simple up and out for 7-8 yards at least 10 times, much easier to get first downs from 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 6. Add to that penalties, missed tackles and missed blocks and you get what you get.

Zeke needs to do better, but there's only so many times you can hit for 20 yards running up the middle....
HE, got PAID as THE best RB in the game.... sure didn't impress me, nor that other clown who was a no show on the D...one handed the opposing team a lead FG due to fumbling, the other a penalty to sustain a drive, tell me again how great either one was.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
HE, got PAID as THE best RB in the game.... sure didn't impress me, nor that other clown who was a no show on the D...one handed the opposing team a lead FG due to fumbling, the other a penalty to sustain a drive, tell me again how great either one was.

No running back is going to do well running up the middle with poor blocking, nobody. Even Barry Sanders had lots of negative yards runs.

It was a bad game, there's 12 games to go, let's let it play out...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As most have observed this looked a lot like last years RAM game. But I see some effects that are related to what transpired from training camp.
1. The injuries and surgeries that kept players from practicing though training camp is showing up on the OL and DL.
2. Those reps that Zeke missed during training camp are showing up in his running game. He just runs into the piles without looking for other routes.
3. Back to last years RAM game, the book was written by the Rams to run up the middle of our DL as we have NO real run stopping DTs.

PS
The coaching had no answer for stopping the Saints Defense. Even with the points mentioned above, we still could have won with some coaching changes. Well I hope they learned something from the coach who out coached them Sunday night.:(:rolleyes:
this is totally bad...

Saints were missing Brees. one of the top 3 QBs in the league.

this is the 4th game, zeke is in shape and didn't miss any of those reps

stopping the saints defense? they were putting pressure all night and stopping zeke and their CBs who had given up tons of yards all year turned into shut down corners. they took our deep game away, specially by putting a lot of pressure up front..... this is a highly Paid OL, I expected more.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
No running back is going to do well running up the middle with poor blocking, nobody. Even Barry Sanders had lots of negative yards runs.

It was a bad game, there's 12 games to go, let's let it play out...
Not pushing back on all you posted, my point is, IF you are going to hold a team ransom to be THAT high paid player, then put it on the field, and I don't mean the damn FOOTBALL. Yes we got 12 more, but take a look at THOSE teams upcoming....be lucky to win 2 if we show up with this game plan. Tell me I'm wrong, but THAT crap show last night was clapper football 101... it's what we have all seen out of that rolled up turd his entire tenure. And if that is Moores great new found playbook, then he can keep it and take a walk....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not pushing back on all you posted, my point is, IF you are going to hold a team ransom to be THAT high paid player, then put it on the field, and I don't mean the damn FOOTBALL. Yes we got 12 more, but take a look at THOSE teams upcoming....be lucky to win 2 if we show up with this game plan. Tell me I'm wrong, but THAT crap show last night was clapper football 101... it's what we have all seen out of that rolled up turd his entire tenure. And if that is Moores great new found playbook, then he can keep it and take a walk....

All Zeke can do is try his best, was that it last night? Maybe not, but we're not on the field, what he did may be all anybody could have done, every running back has had games like that. But I agree, Jerry didn't get his money's worth out of him last night!

Hopefully, if Moore is as bright as they say he is, he'll learn from this, guess we shouldn't be surprised that he choked in his first real test. Live and learn, as they say. Keeping my fingers crossed it will wake this team up...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1) Coaching
2) Turnovers
3) No in game adjustments on offense this game

I wish I had a dollar for every post containing items 1 and 3 after each loss.

"Coaching", the universal catch all.
"Adjustments", another easy catch all absent any substantiation.

Turnovers are always a recipe for defeat. Getting pushed around on the line of scrimmage is another. Both were evident last night.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
As most have observed this looked a lot like last years RAM game. But I see some effects that are related to what transpired from training camp.
1. The injuries and surgeries that kept players from practicing though training camp is showing up on the OL and DL.
2. Those reps that Zeke missed during training camp are showing up in his running game. He just runs into the piles without looking for other routes.
3. Back to last years RAM game, the book was written by the Rams to run up the middle of our DL as we have NO real run stopping DTs.

PS
The coaching had no answer for stopping the Saints Defense. Even with the points mentioned above, we still could have won with some coaching changes. Well I hope they learned something from the coach who out coached them Sunday night.:(:rolleyes:
They got three turnovers, we got just the one (which is quite typical).
Not good enough if the O is not working on all cylinders.

Redline360

Reaction score
I wish I had a dollar for every post containing items 1 and 3 after each loss.

"Coaching", the universal catch all.
"Adjustments", another easy catch all absent any substantiation.

Turnovers are always a recipe for defeat. Getting pushed around on the line of scrimmage is another. Both were evident last night.

Problems 1 & 3 have been present for the entirety of JG career. Of course it's going to be mentioned first