Twitter: Three reasons why Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott will remind fans why he's one of the top running backs in

kskboys

Reaction score
You missed the point. Pollard is "effective". But Rockport introduced the concept of "effective" to describe Smith and I guess by extension, Elliott.

But Elliott has to be more than "effective". He has to be great to justify his cap hit. He can't just be "effective". I can get "effective" TB play for much less of a cap hit.
Effective is such a subjective term.

Pollard's effectiveness drops sharply as the bell cow. His effectiveness is tied to being the 3rd down back type.

kskboys

Reaction score
Honestly, it sounds like trying to convince yourself you're not miserable and then getting mad at those that won't play along with your plan. The other thing you have to consider is that this message board is a stage for some and there might be a personal need to be notorious in some way to boost personal feelings of significance. So some of this might just be bait. I certainly think that's the case with some who choose being cantankerous as their way of being notorious for "something." Works for some politicians and media folk; why not try it here? Lol.
Now that is frickin' hilarious!!!! Love your take!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Now that is frickin' hilarious!!!! Love your take!!!

I am not the only one who notices this. See here. People here will criticize the media for trying to shock to get attention and then do the same here for their posts or threads to get hits. It's just the currency here is "likes" or attention rather than dollars.

Thomas82

Reaction score
If he leads the NFL in rushing this year, the Cowboys will almost certainly be in the playoffs.

chagus

Reaction score
Three reasons...

1. Better opportunities.

2. In the best shape of his life.

3. $50M to motivate.

Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. @Rockport posting Zeke propaganda again.

Posting articles about your favorites team's RB on the very forum that is dedicated to said favorite team is FAR from "propaganda".

Its called being a fan. Relax man.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Posting articles about your favorites team's RB on the very forum that is dedicated to said favorite team is FAR from "propaganda".

Its called being a fan. Relax man.
The article is an over-the-top lie, IMO... propaganda.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's only 25, still young even for a RB. After being out preformed by Pollard, he got scared and I'm glad he did. I enjoyed the 2016 version of Zeke, l want him back.

Flamma

Reaction score
The question is will he get his explosiveness back? That's the biggest concern. His lack of explosion, inability to turn smaller gains into big runs has led many to think he's already starting to regress. There is no question that the Elliott of recent years doesn't look like the rookie Elliott who appeared quicker, more explosive, etc.

If he's found some of that explosiveness again, he can be great. If he hasn't, he's just a decent/good TB at this point.

Running backs are usually a little older when they lose it. I'm hoping it was just the situation he was in last year. Which is reason #1.

Reason #2. I have no reason to believe otherwise until I see otherwise.

Reason #3. Probably the best reason for Reason #2. But even if Zeke is at his best the next two seasons, I don't see him finishing out 4 years after that. Probably 2 of them. The cap should be way higher by then so who knows. But I am sure hoping for the best. I miss that threat.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am not the only one who notices this. See here. People here will criticize the media for trying to shock to get attention and then do the same here for their posts or threads to get hits. It's just the currency here is "likes" or attention rather than dollars.
I never got the "likes" thingie. Doesn't make sense to me as to why it matters. Some sorta need for self worth or something?

Sydla

Reaction score
Effective is such a subjective term.

Pollard's effectiveness drops sharply as the bell cow. His effectiveness is tied to being the 3rd down back type.

The point here is Elliott can't be "effective". He has to be a game changer at that cap hit.

kskboys

Reaction score
The point here is Elliott can't be "effective". He has to be a game changer at that cap hit.
Yes. Elliot needs to get back in tip top shape and stop being such a knucklehead if he is to be effective and even close to worth his salary.

Tell you what, I was fine w/ drafting him, but I had no idea that he was such an idiot. Dude needs to grow up and quit coasting. If I were part of the interview process, I would've NEVER drafted him. It's just so obvious that he's not a great character guy. Elliot can be that guy, but will he? Major doubts coming from this side.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I never got the "likes" thingie. Doesn't make sense to me as to why it matters. Some sorta need for self worth or something?

For some, absolutely. Many whiny posts are presented to pander to co-whiners who will like their posts in agreement and thus validates the primary whiner, which was the plan all along, lol. You know the saying misery loves company, but it also works for positivity, of course. My favorite is when someone points to their likes or another's lack of likes as evidence their opinion is more valid. It's classic high school stuff where no one wants to be an outsider so you have to generate stuff to show you aren't. Sharing stuff on social media is a huge way people do this. It's a strong pull that never leaves a lot of us.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The question is will he get his explosiveness back? That's the biggest concern. His lack of explosion, inability to turn smaller gains into big runs has led many to think he's already starting to regress. There is no question that the Elliott of recent years doesn't look like the rookie Elliott who appeared quicker, more explosive, etc.

If he's found some of that explosiveness again, he can be great. If he hasn't, he's just a decent/good TB at this point.
Yeah for sure...RBs usually get more explosive as they age in the NFL.........

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I assume other RBs, dedicated players are preparing the same way, working hard....why does Zeke need to put out these little blurbs....marketing ploy not to lose fan base?

just shut up. show up. end of story

Happens every year. Underperform, talk in the offseason, underperform. I just want the entire team to shut up for once and then come out and punch everyone in the mouth. Quit posting gym selfies and tell us how great you are because you ain't...not yet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess to you its propaganda but to me its reading something positive about one of our star players.

We aint the same.
It's not factual so why buy into it. It sets up unrealistic expectations. Zeke is just an average RB these days. The article would have you believe otherwise. If you want to believe lies then do so meanwhile, I will continue to speak truth to power. The truth is Zeke will be dumped by the Cowboys the first second it is financially feasible to do so. I understand this is a hard thing for Zeke worshipers like you to accept. I will continue to hammer away at this message until we see this the same way because this is reality.