Three stars, three goats and a summation.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Stars
1. Terrell Owens- TO is as good as advertised. He's gonna make many many plays for us this year.

2. Mat McBriar- Great punts. Lots of distance and hang time. May be Pro Bowl candidate this year.

3. Julius Jones - not a great game from Jujo, but did better than many thought he would

Goats
1. Drew Bledsoe- amde some questionable throws
and struggled in inclement weather again. It's too early to bench him (I think he bounces back against Commanders.) More perfrormances like these, and the calls for Romo will grow louder.

2. Suisham- gotta make a 36 yard fg Plain and simple. His onside kick sucked too. I hope Vandy gets healthy soon.

3. Run blocking- We were unable to maintain possession by making simple conversions on 2nd and 1. We lost the TOP battle and didn't play Parcells football As a consequence our D eventually wilted in the humidity since they were out there so long.

Summation.
Jacksonville is a good team. I underrated them too much,and it actually appears they are a legitmate contender in the AFC. We lost to a quality opponent on the road, a disheartening loss indeed. A game we very easily could have won. I think we are a lot happier a week from today when we get our revenge against the Skins.

Duane

Reaction score
bbgun said:
I eagerly anticipate dbair's rant.
Me too. I don't always like what he has to say but it's almost always logical and well written.

devotedfan

Reaction score
I'm troubled by the lack of pressure on Leftwich. Thought that was the beauty of the 3-4,... you never know where it's coming from. Leftwich has lots of time from a questionable OL when he needed it , and he's more of a statue than Drew.