Three straight 10-win seasons

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What are we going to need a 14 win season for exactly? To be the 1992 Cowboys again?
The 92 Cowboys could have taken the NFC East with 12 wins. Appears we could lose a game and still have a shot at the division

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Regular season is one thing; playoffs another
Look at all those years the Bungles were winning ten games a season and getting nowhere in the playoffs
They had four straight years of ten wins or more and did NOTHING in the playoffs
It certainly doesn’t mean NOTHING. It’s not the end game or our goals we have higher aspirations but it absolutely is significant

1942willys

Reaction score
It certainly doesn’t mean NOTHING. It’s not the end game or our goals we have higher aspirations but it absolutely is significant
It is significant but its not all THAT significant. That is why I brought up the Bungles. FOUR straight years of ten or more wins and NOTHING in the playoffs

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Mac’s resume so far here in Big D:
  • 15 straight wins at home.
  • Third straight 10+ wins in a season. (First time since 94-96)
  • Third straight playoff season (First time also since 94-96)
  • Fixed the Kellen Moore offense and its high school passing routes
  • Able to overcome a starter injury and still get a win (remember Chaz Green with Garrett?)
  • 34-13 in last 47 games.
EDIT: 15 straight!

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What are we going to need a 14 win season for exactly? To be the 1992 Cowboys again?
Probably talking about a bye. Im not so sure thats what it would take though. Eagles haven't looked good the last 3 weeks, they may have peaked and could drop some games they should win. I think if we go 13-4 we probably take the NFCE.

HFA? SF has an advantage with the H2H, and they have looked strong since getting Trent Williams. I think that would take 14

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Big Mac’s resume so far here in Big D:
  • 14 straight wins at home.
  • Third straight 10+ wins in a season. (First time since 94-96)
  • Third straight playoff season (First time also since 94-96)
  • Fixed the Kellen Moore offense and its high school passing routes
  • Able to overcome a starter injury and still get a win (remember Chaz Green with Garrett?)
  • 34-13 in last 47 games.
15 straight at home bob

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It is significant but its not all THAT significant. That is why I brought up the Bungles. FOUR straight years of ten or more wins and NOTHING in the playoffs
It’s very significant. again, we have higher aspirations and goals and you keep saying nothing in the playoffs but we have won playoff games, its the divisional round hump we can’t get over but you can’t get back to the divisional round without taking care of business in the regular season and making the playoffs first.

You can keep saying bengals bengals bengals….what about the ravens, chiefs, saints, Seahawks, ravens- all teams that consistently made the playoffs but finally busted through and won a Super Bowl bc they had multiple bites at the apple. Which is exactly why winning 10,11,12 games for 3 consecutive years is important.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You yahoo fans will look for any crumb to crap on a Cowboys win.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Firing Paper Boy Kellen Moore was best thing MM could have done. I bet Kellen gets fired again this offseason.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me be the one to say what we're all thinking.

If McCarthy was the coach in the 70's the Steelers wouldn't have been the team of the decade.