Thursday's Practice/Injury Report: Seattle

sjordan6

Reaction score
Last practice before the big game

at 02:43 PM Pacific 1/4/07
The injured players must have taken coach Mike Holmgren's words to heart.

"At this stage of the game, either you're in or you're out," he said to the team after practice on Tuesday.

Thursday right guard Chris Gray, wide receivers Nate Burleson, D.J. Hackett and Darrell Jackson and left guard Floyd Womack all got some work in practice, though Jackson and Hackett were not in for team drills.

Whether all five will play Saturday against Dallas will be a game-time decision, Holmgren said.

Gray (quadriceps bruise), Womack (sore groin) and Burleson (ankle) practiced Thursday, while Hackett (hip flexor) and Jackson (turf toe) did individual work.

Defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (foot injury) also practiced and is probable to play.

Linebacker Leroy Hill has been upgraded from questionable to probable, and linebacker Julian Peterson missed practice because he is an expectant father.

Also from practice, the Seahawks worked both Pete Hunter and Rich Gardner as nickel cornerbacks. It remains to be seen which one will see the most action.

I know it wont really matter but it seems unlikely that Jackson will play with that turf toe but Hackett probably will play. Gray and Womack will probably play but they are non-factors in this coming blowout!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Didn't Holmgren state yesterday that if Jackson and Hackett couldn't pratice today they weren't playing?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
theogt;1288017 said:
Didn't Holmgren state yesterday that if Jackson and Hackett couldn't pratice today they weren't playing?

No surprise that that was Sabaned to a 'game-time decision'.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
"At this stage of the game, either you're in or you're out," he said to the team after practice on Tuesday.

He and Parcells could be twins.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1288028 said:

He and Parcells could be twins.

Only with Bill, if you don't practice, you actually ARE out.:rolleyes:

sjordan6

Reaction score
Well technically they did practice just not with the team. I still think that Hackett plays but Jackson does not. If Jackson has not played in about four weeks (or practiced with the team) then how can you expect him to play when you have three healthy reciever in Branch, Burleson, and Engram.

Hackett, to me, is the X-factor because he has been their best receiver since Jackson has been down. NE obvioulsy were correct in estimating Branch's value because he has shown to be o.k. but not worth the money or draft pick they gave up for him.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
sjordan6;1288035 said:
Hackett, to me, is the X-factor because he has been their best receiver since Jackson has been down. NE obvioulsy were correct in estimating Branch's value because he has shown to be o.k. but not worth the money or draft pick they gave up for him.

They sure were. But there were times this year, and many, Brady felt otherwise.

sjordan6

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1288046 said:
They sure were. But there were times this year, and many, Brady felt otherwise.

Nate Burleson recieved a 7 year $49 million contract this season.
2006 stats...18 catches 192 yards 2 TDS

Dieon Branch recieved a 6 year $39 million plus a first round pick to New England.
2006 stats...53 catches 725 yards 4 TDS

The third year player out of Colorado D.J. Hackett?
2006 stats...45 catches 610 yards 4 TDS (considered their best reciever)

Bobby Engram?
2006 stats...has only played in 6 games...24 catches 290 yards 1 TD

I dont want to seem like a stat guy but I see why they have the 20th ranked passing offense. WOW!

If Hackett doesnt play and they are left with Burleson and Engram, then I can see Newman shadowing Branch like he did Steve Smith and Santana Moss and the Cowboys taking their chances with Henry and Glenn on Engram and Burleson. Burleson sucks and Engram has only played in 6 games this whole season. Engram is 33 years old and has battled injuries this season. Again Wow!