Tiger attack - any good zoo stories?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Appears kid agitated tiger and were sitting on 12 1/2 foot high wall and tiger swatted the kid and then jumped the wall and mauled the 3 killing One.

A few years back I was at a horrible Zoo in Boston, Franklin Zoo. Had a history of Gorilla's breaking out and running through neighborhoods.

Well I take my family to the Lion exhibit and there is moat and wall setup like the Tiger debacle. The wall appeared to be 15 feet or so but was more disturbing was the lion really only had a 25 foot or so jump to clear said wall. That day there was a totally angry Lion ROARING and beyond riled up. He was pacing and going into a pounce jump stance.

It was very apparant he was considering trying to make the jump. We immediately started walking away and they had a field level view where through thick glass you could view lions. To my horror one of the panels was out and was "boarded in" Nailed by what looked at best to be 1 inch plywood. An Angry lion would have destroyed that.

I left the park immediately. Suprised more people are not killed by shotty Zoo's.