Tim Settle, groan

waving monkey

Reaction score
Tim Settle, DT, Washington Commanders
Drafted: Round 5, No. 163 overall out of Virginia Tech

Settle played more like a first-rounder than a fifth-rounder in the Commanders' first preseason game. He was stout at the point of attack while also displaying excellent lateral quickness and range. Washington must get better interior-defensive-line play; Settle should earn some quality playing time alongside the Commanders' latest first-round picks, Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-10-value-draft-picks-paying-early-dividends

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So why did he fall so far after all? Wasn’t he considered a second round worthy prospect.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Settle played more like a first-rounder than a fifth-rounder in the Commanders' first preseason game. He was stout at the point of attack while also displaying excellent lateral quickness and range. Washington must get better interior-defensive-line play; Settle should earn some quality playing time alongside the Commanders' latest first-round picks, Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-10-value-draft-picks-paying-early-dividends
I just didn't get why we kept passing.
Probably 10 of us begging to take him
But we DID apparently have a very nice draft anyway.
Just not perfect.

kskboys

Reaction score

Just like the scouting reports indicated!!!!!!! Whodathunk!!!!

This guy would have been a major piece toward that top 5 D I've seen being yearned for on these boards. Talk about an instant upgrade!!!!

I wanted this cat in the 2nd. Hey, maybe it's just a flash and he'll suck!!!

waving monkey

Reaction score
Just like the scouting reports indicated!!!!!!! Whodathunk!!!!

This guy would have been a major piece toward that top 5 D I've seen being yearned for on these boards. Talk about an instant upgrade!!!!

I wanted this cat in the 2nd. Hey, maybe it's just a flash and he'll suck!!!
half the board did

DFWJC

Reaction score
Definitely thought we’d snag him, Kyzir White (or maybe Hurst) when we were on the clock in the 4th. But it sounds like we got a great steal in Armstrong there anyway.
But then at the end of the 4th, when we took Shultz, Settle was stll there.
Oh well

DFWJC

Reaction score
half the board did
But definitely not in the 2nd.
Probably not the 3rd either, but it was getting close.
Definitely the 4th though.

But looking at our picks from 2,3, 4....well, they all look good.
Conner Williams
Gallup
Armstrong

The Shultz pick might've been the ideal time to get him

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Definitely thought we’d snag him, Kyzir White (or maybe Hurst) when we were on the clock in the 4th. But it sounds like we got a great steal in Armstrong there anyway.
But then at the end of the 4th, when we took Shultz, Settle was stll there.
Oh well
That's the one that will haunt me, taking him over Schultz.

Settle was my pet cat. Hey, like I said, maybe he'll flash and suck. He should do it on purpose just to make me feel better!!!!!!

Johnny23

Reaction score
DaRon Payne has been looking really good I watched the 1st 3 quarters of the skids/Jets game tonight on ESPN. Payne was quick off the ball got a real nice sack and collapsed the pocket on a key stop. Playing with Allen up the gut these guys are looking good.

kskboys

Reaction score
DaRon Payne has been looking really good I watched the 1st 3 quarters of the skids/Jets game tonight on ESPN. Payne was quick off the ball got a real nice sack and collapsed the pocket on a key stop. Playing with Allen up the gut these guys are looking good.
They also have monstrous Phil Taylor coming back from injury. He was playing well before getting hurt.